Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW

New_Boy

18 minutes ago, Prayer said:

If you caaare for me...

fill-700x467%7Cformat-webp%7Cwebpquality

Be theeeeere for me...

17c484878053f9b8d96b7fbc05ae77de

Pure raw emotion:

Appreciate it (even though she probably already forgot about it a week after recording it).

To all MOTHERFUCKERS here (as M herself acknowledges her stanbase):

DON'T YOU ALL LIKE TO PLAY THE QUEEN OF HEARTS AND NEVER THOUGHT YOU'D LOSE?????

(At least people from THAT FAN FORUM act this way on a daily basis.)

1 hour ago, Would You Like To Try said:

One More Chance (Tracy Young Club Mix) 12:33

One More Chance (Luke Slater's Queen of hearts dub) 15:34. First 8 minutes are: "So give me so give me so give me so give me". Last 7 minutes: "Be there be there be there be there"

3 hours ago, Prayer said:

Who hurt you all so bad to hate "One More Chance" that much?

It's pure emotion. And the single release was worth it even if it was just for the beautiful cover:

Madonna-Sing45OneMoreChance.thumb.jpg.ea1508f61c5690beee6a1e12d4211563.jpg

It's been a while since I heard. I never hated it, and this morning I heard it, and just sort of melted me. It's a pretty sweet (and emotional) song. What I liked about it, it was quite different (at the time) to anything she's really done before when it comes to ballads.  It's funny how some prefer to just chuck this and other songs they dislike, and whine over a certain "edit" that no one really cares about having.  But let's not mistake, I'm all for her full and complete catalog (including every remix and edit) to be available, but it's just not gonna happen.  At the end of the day, it's nice to know some of these rarities are only available on the physical releases. 

1 hour ago, IGIVEUMORE said:

One More Chance (Thunderpuss 2024 'Hands in the Air' Anthem)

1 hour ago, Drum Dub said:

One More Chance (Luke Slater's Queen of hearts dub) 15:34. First 8 minutes are: "So give me so give me so give me so give me". Last 7 minutes: "Be there be there be there be there"

One More Chance (Micronauts Remix with Barter Queen)

4 hours ago, Chrato74 said:

Any chance M will be releasing these singles on digital someday? :

This used To Be My Playground, I'll Remember, Keep It Together, Cherish, Who's That Girl, Causing a Commotion, (...) the rest of the True Blue singles (only La Isla Bonita is released).

They are most likely coming as there is enough material for those

4 hours ago, Chrato74 said:

All Like a Virgin singles

Dress you up and Angel/Into the groove most likely, Like a virgin and Material girl probably not.

One More Chance falls a bit flat because like some of the wet Debut & LAV album tracks it's just not very Madonna. Like Madonna would beg for one more chance. It doesn't hold up and feels convincing. It's a clear second attempt at the kind of Schmaltz that Take A Bow delivered. She's a cute girl but she'll never be that bitch.

54 minutes ago, steady75 said:

One More Chance falls a bit flat because like some of the wet Debut & LAV album tracks it's just not very Madonna. Like Madonna would beg for one more chance. It doesn't hold up and feels convincing. It's a clear second attempt at the kind of Schmaltz that Take A Bow delivered. She's a cute girl but she'll never be that bitch.

Oh we are tired to know she's an unapologetic bitch, many thanks.

She just wrote it, recorded it and called it a day.

After all, whole project was just damage control.

At least we as lil'medonsters should give her a pass for trying being that bitch. Sometimes we just want to be not ourselves tonight, just like in Xtina's song.

EDIT: regarding debut and sophomore, she was trying to create some reputation as playing as "good girl" alongside the "bad girl," but, as it didn't work as expected, she naturally came back to be just herself.

Like A Virgin, Holiday, Material Girl and possibly Crazy For You are ONLY coming if they put something exclusive on it. The easiest thing would be the original instrumentals cause they have to be available digitally in their archives.

For Oh Father and Dear Jessie, the full length unmixed versions would be a nice treat. 

These are probably all on the very bottom of their lists cause they are going for all the singles with enough unavailable versions first.

3 hours ago, Fabiolous said:

They are most likely coming as there is enough material for those

Dress you up and Angel/Into the groove most likely, Like a virgin and Material girl probably not.

What makes people think that digital singles won't be released if the songs are already available?  Was that ever said anywhere?

7 minutes ago, luckypierre78 said:

What makes people think that digital singles won't be released if the songs are already available?  Was that ever said anywhere?

Because they are up for sale. They do this for money and they won't bother to prepare a release if no one is gonna buy it cause they already have it.

But maybe we're lucky and they'll do it anyway just for completion. We don't really know. I don't think it's very likely given how well they've kept her Spotify page

49 minutes ago, luckypierre78 said:

No one said they are not coming AT ALL but they are currently not on the priority list for them as it seems.

So far, they haven’t bothered adding the original B-Sides of singles if they were regular album tracks. With LAV and MG the tracklist contained the extended remix, the album version and either Pretender or Stay. All of these appear on the streaming version of the LAV album. The other singles they released from the 80s all included AT LEAST ONE exclusive version of the song. 

I'm sure LAV, MG and CFY are coming once they have figured out what "bonus track" to add to these. My bet is on the instrumentals for each and maybe even Warning Signs for CFY.

43 minutes ago, Fabiolous said:

Because they are up for sale. They do this for money and they won't bother to prepare a release if no one is gonna buy it cause they already have it.

But maybe we're lucky and they'll do it anyway just for completion. We don't really know. I don't think it's very likely given how well they've kept her Spotify page

Ragazzo, if the "weakest of the weak" singles aka You'll See (sorry for quoting you but only for having said that to my sweetheart tune you won't be in my "good lil'medonster" list this Xmas) got Spanglish versions #1 and #2, ANYTHING AT THIS POINT'S POSSIBLE. Even Secret and Erotica Part 2 singles with Let Down Your Guard and the missing mixes.

All depends on Medonner and Mme. Emilie, but it seems the latter's now cooking her quiche lorraine and coq au vin for Holidays. While M herself is ready to ski in Switzerland - or do some harlem shake in Malawi just like in last year (I know she's dancing to traditional chichewa folklore, but I am proud to be a joker as she is).

9 minutes ago, MPowered said:

No one said they are not coming AT ALL but they are currently not on the priority list for them as it seems.

So far, they haven’t bothered adding the original B-Sides of singles if they were regular album tracks. With LAV and MG the tracklist contained the extended remix, the album version and either Pretender or Stay. All of these appear on the streaming version of the LAV album. The other singles they released from the 80s all included AT LEAST ONE exclusive version of the song. 

I'm sure LAV, MG and CFY are coming once they have figured out what "bonus track" to add to these. My bet is on the instrumentals for each and maybe even Warning Signs for CFY.

Schöner, hope you're the prophet once more. You were already a John the Baptist kinda like, this time you need to be a Moses and see the Red Sea divide in two.

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW