Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW

New_Boy

2 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

i dont think anyone knows what "remaster" means anymore when it comes to M - everyone just thinks hit the loudness button !! remastering (proper) means going back to the original multi tracks - why is that so hard for people to understand ???

No remaster uses any multitracks most of the time. The mixed tape is played on a better recorder to be digitalised again. That's all. They are not going to make a new mix.

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - Material Girl - 2024 Remaster - OUT NOW
3 hours ago, Rebel Hugo said:

I want to know which remaster is the best for Material Girl!!! 2001, 2009, 2022 or 2024? 🤔

I can't wait for your analysis @Roy @Aiwa08 @MPowered

Happy Season 9 GIF by The Office

The original (1984) is of course the best one, or the 1996 Japanese CD Singles box remaster/re-transfer/boost whatever they did there.

From all the later ones, I'd say 2022 is the best one. "Material Girl" and "Like A Virgin" sound quite good on "Finally Enough Love".

2001 and 2009 were OKish (on "Celebration" it was loud, though).

2024 is by far the worst one of all of them. It's even louder than the "Celebration" version (and that's something) and it distorts.

6 hours ago, Would You Like To Try said:

For like a virgin the Like a virgin hits and more EP would be better than the same 3 track formula they used for Lucky Star and now Material Girl 

No.

The original cover art and the representation of all the released iconic singles is what matters here.

Speaking of cover art: This is by far their worst and laziest upscale yet. My god, can someone just get the person responsible for this project on here and ask for the cover art in high resolution? 

31 minutes ago, MPowered said:

No.

The original cover art and the representation of all the released iconic singles is what matters here.

Speaking of cover art: This is by far their worst and laziest upscale yet. My god, can someone just get the person responsible for this project on here and ask for the cover art in high resolution? 

Ray of light single upscales from last year say hi to you!

1 minute ago, Roy said:

The 2024 remasters of Material Girl and Pretender are good. Compressed but good.

Let's not talk about the extended remix remaster, okay?

Agreed. They sound very clear and the bass is quite nice. Too loud, but that's expected.

Haven't listened to the remix yet and now I'm afraid LOL. Is it that bad?

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW