Single Reissues Campaign - This Used to Be My Playground - OUT NOW

New_Boy

31 minutes ago, Drum Dub said:

Luke and Emily's mom were fighting for freedom :silly:"freeeedom comes freeeedom comes freeeedom comes freeeedom comes"

Confuses me that at the same time they put dub to vocal mixes but put mix to that super luper dub

Hear me out I have a theory. 

I think the Luke slater filtered mix is edited

It seems to cut in the instrumental at some parts and overall is weird

Must have been that the warner employees started to foam at the mouth when they went past the 7 minute mark so they edited it

Anyways I want them on streaming

On 8/27/2023 at 3:26 AM, Pootz333 said:

There was a very basic bootleg drum & bass remix of The Power of Goodbye back in the day that I used to wear out. Had the same loop throughout but just worked.

I always say Fabian's Good God Mix is underrated. It fits the darker vibes of the album and has an almost dancehall feel. 

If Johnny Vicious had mixed it in the same style he did Sade "Pearls" or Dido "Here With Me", it would have been a monster dance track. He knew how to take a slow vocal and make it sound epic and not dragged out. 

Dallas' mix is a bit toooo Fanmail for me. There's two mashups of POG, one with Human League "Human" and the other with The Verve "Bittersweet Symphony", that are some of my favorite mashups ever. 

I like the Dallas and Fabian ones. I think it would've been cool to get something else but I hope they get uploaded soon.

They must have some new master for the GS though but i wonder why they chose to release EY/D&D - its not the best parts of the show imo - i think i read this is the HBO version too so maybe it was shot on film ? but i love the talk about including tours in the re-issues rather than those dreadful POG remixes ... :(

45 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

They must have some new master for the GS though but i wonder why they chose to release EY/D&D - its not the best parts of the show imo - i think i read this is the HBO version too so maybe it was shot on film ? but i love the talk about including tours in the re-issues rather than those dreadful POG remixes ... :(

I just want the rest of the decade two remixes uploaded. Don't Tell Me remixes/Cyber-raga would be ideal for me.

But I hope more of the tour performances do in HD. Especially Drowned World and Reinvention.

54 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

I think it was uploaded because D&D had an anniversary and the remixes were put on streaming

I also remember seeing it was from the HBO Broadcast as there were different camera angles used in the DVD

6 minutes ago, Cyberraga said:

Is that an offical release? First time I see Fabian's Good God Edit

Oh I see it's manufactured by Warner Japan. They always get cool things 😤

If I'm not wrong it was not on the CD homever it exists on Colombian promo and US promo I think

They copied promo CD labels 

30 minutes ago, Prayer said:

They better not mess with that one!

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611609yv3bfsm7j52lbny

One of her best.

I wish I could get an insight into her mind. we know she's well travelled and cultured

The chess scene was inspired by that in the 1968 heist film The Thomas Crown Affair

and the scenes showing Madonna walking alone on the beach was an homage to actress Joan Crawford in the 1946 film Humoresque. 

28 minutes ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

I wish I could get an insight into her mind. we know she's well travelled and cultured

The chess scene was inspired by that in the 1968 heist film The Thomas Crown Affair

and the scenes showing Madonna walking alone on the beach was an homage to actress Joan Crawford in the 1946 film Humoresque. 

The amount of work and references we entered to through her - at least I'm talking about myself!

I love the way she managed to pay tribute and "use" everything she loved but making it her own and putting her own touch. That, to me, is one of her biggest talents. Like she's the perfect curator in a way. And it's a way for you to want to dig deeper and know and discover more about the original works, artists, directors, etc.

23 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Let's remember the amazing single photoshoot (well it was for a magazine originally, right? Her re-using her already paid by the magazine high profile photoshoots for her own singles covers later - for free I guess? - was always kinda iconic):

spin-april-1998-7.jpg?w=550&h=667

DuAegfAVsAENWWo.jpg

spin-april-1998-2.jpg?w=550&h=616

spin-april-1998-8.jpg?w=550&h=674

I think it was the April issue of Spin Magazine and the photographs were by Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin.

spin-april-1998-6.jpg?w=550&h=627

spin-april-1998-1.jpg?w=550&h=657

spin-april-1998-3.jpg?w=550&h=714

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - This Used to Be My Playground - OUT NOW