MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

47 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

August 16, 2021

Madonna will personally curate expansive deluxe editions for many of her landmark albums, as well as introduce unique releases for special events, and much more.

Guy Oseary said: “Over the past 30 years, I’ve been fortunate enough to meet and spend time with many of Madonna’s incredible fans, and this new partnership will bring to fruition what so many of them have been patiently waiting for: a celebration of her groundbreaking catalogue. My partner Sara Zambreno and I are working closely with Warner Music Group to bring new life to these iconic works.”

And they completed this task already. They did a very good job too. We have received countless releases. Finally Enough Love was epic as the major part of this campaign! 

Let’s give them a round of applause and move forward.

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Honey Little said:

And they completed this task already. They did a very good job too. We have received countless releases. Finally Enough Love was epic as the major part of this campaign! 

We can’t move forward until we have an empty hologram sleeve of every album

Can people stop going on about Finally Enough Love. It was two years ago.

In near enough the same time Madonna would have released 2 studio albums 6-8 singles and videos. 

I don't want to hear about it a dusty old remix comp, where the track list was read off a chart listing, as some highly curated piece of work. 

Madonnas involvement only served to pick some of the inferior mixes and she fucked with the actual premise of the album because.... she's Madonna.... Rule breaker 

Next question. 

12 hours ago, Honey Little said:

"Madonna will personally curate expansive deluxe editions for many of her landmark albums, as well as introduce unique releases for special events, and much more."

No, they have not completed the task. That's why we're so grumpy. The expanded deluxe editions is what I want, but I hear from people that it's on its way. 

And as always:

#soon :08:

32 minutes ago, Andreo said:

Some choices were made on that tracklist tho. Like the Fever remix... What was even that...

Give Me All Your Luvin remix was my biggest WTF the moment I listened to the whole FEL. I'm skipping it faster with every new session I do.:Madonna009:

5 hours ago, steady75 said:

Can people stop going on about Finally Enough Love. It was two years ago.

3 hours ago, Donna said:

Finally Enough Love was a great dance compilation album. So glad we got it.  :party:

2 hours ago, Andreo said:

Some choices were made on that tracklist tho. Like the Fever remix... What was even that...

2 hours ago, Cyberraga said:

I wish someone would get the idea of including Britney's song out of her head. Angel and Causing a Commotion included instead and no one cares it's ugly number 51.

1 hour ago, Glassy24 said:

I'm shocked at how close to 2 years it's been omg

50 minutes ago, Honey Little said:

It was epic! One of her best ever releases.

for-fuck-sake-7ce1dbd5cf.jpg

I'd actually be surprised if the retrospective deal with Warner, The Biopic and the greatest hits tour being the first time she's actually allowed herself to look back and then her nearly dying a few weeks before launch night hasn't totally spooked her. Like she was tempting  fate.

MJ was just about to embark on his final ever tour.

Prince was writing his Biography and the first Deluxe of any of his albums in Purple Rain.

George Michael was just finishing his documentary Freedom about his life and wrapping up the Deluxe for Listen a few months before they all died. 

Mama was probably like..." do not tempt the gods"

I agree that FEL was a great complication but c'mon guys - in 3 years that's the only major release we've had. It's clear they didn't even work on anything last year otherwise it would have been released by now. I know some fans speculated they postponed everything cause of her illness but I highly doubt they sat on a project this long. 

Madonna works at snail pace these days and CLEARLY doesn't GAF about anniversaries so Warner has no choice but to be on par with her schedule. 

3 hours ago, musicinferno said:

I agree that FEL was a great complication but c'mon guys - in 3 years that's the only major release we've had. It's clear they didn't even work on anything last year otherwise it would have been released by now. I know some fans speculated they postponed everything cause of her illness but I highly doubt they sat on a project this long. 

Madonna works at snail pace these days and CLEARLY doesn't GAF about anniversaries so Warner has no choice but to be on par with her schedule. 

The deal is all encompassing. I don't think some fans are able to comprehend what this deal all entails. So many are just focused on the Deluxe Re-issues, when the deal is about cultivating her whole catalog.  This includes digital/streaming additions, which has been happening.  It would also include getting her songs into ads/movies/television and so on. The Like A Prayer inclusion in the Deadpool/Wolverine ad for instance (and hopefully the soundtrack).  It also include new curated things which has been happening like FEL and American Life Mix Show. There are many things Warner is doing behind the scenes which not all fans will see.  Madonna doesn't have to be involved in every aspect of it happening.  She is aware that Warners is cultivating her catalog, and meanwhile she is no doubt planning more curated releases.  Multi-year means MULTI-YEAR.  It doesn't mean it's all going to just come at once. As stated, her Interscope albums will start to become eligible for this deal starting in 2025.  The Deluxe Landmark re-issues, never specified a time, nor is the only part of this deal, but again, it's pretty much part of the deal some are quite fixated on. 

I agree, some things may have not happen as fast as we wish. But I do believe that Warners is working hard behind the scene in cultivating her catalog as said in this deal. Nothing was cancelled.  And nothing was promised at any specific time.  I prefer that they take their time at this, if they are wanting to do it right. Of course if Madonna is going to be involved, anything that will take a lot of her time, will need to be put aside.  However, she's been touring for the last 6 plus months. Let her rest and see what comes next.  Besides, I prefer a new album before any old stuff gets rehashed.  At the same time, I don't see why it can't be released simultaneously either.

3 hours ago, musicinferno said:

She CLEARLY posted an instagram story of her dancing in her bathroom to lucky star for 6 seconds for the 40th ANNIVERSARY of her first album on Sire records.

It’s a multi year deal people and we’ve had so many great releases since the announcement. Finally Enough Love, Finally Enough Love Rainbow edition, Erotica vinyl with instrumental of the song, American Life empty hologram sleeve, Ray of Light empty hologram sleeve, Erotica blanket, some remixes uploaded to streaming, True Blue on vinyl in a different colour… Warner are obviously hard at work behind the scenes making all this happen.

4 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

It’s a multi year deal people and we’ve had so many great releases since the announcement. Finally Enough Love, Finally Enough Love Rainbow edition, Erotica vinyl with instrumental of the song, American Life empty hologram sleeve, Ray of Light empty hologram sleeve, Erotica blanket, some remixes uploaded to streaming, True Blue on vinyl in a different colour… Warner are obviously hard at work behind the scenes making all this happen.

American Life Tribute album that she produced completely alone as well.

5 hours ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

Another essay repeating the same sentences!!! GREAT

I'll remember that next time you post one. Seriously, there has not been one time when I haven't read posts that haven't just been written with just a sentence or two for everything they post. We all post long or short posts at times. But, if reading is something you don't want to read or can't handle, fine. But, to announce it is dissing just about everyone on this forum.. Plus, it's NOT in the Rules to only post short posts.The mods post long posts too sometimes. Are you going to cut them down too and make them feel like they shouldn't? Sorry to go on, but, this is getting old. It makes people feel like we should only post a sentence or two when many of us like to write and discuss stuff for what forums are for. 

With that said , bring on any and all reissues, remixes etc. I hope Warner does more for what they can to light up Madonna and her catalog up as much as possible,...especially with more and more younger artists coming out with such huge albums these days. 

2 hours ago, Donna said:

The deal is all encompassing. I don't think some fans are able to comprehend what this deal all entails. So many are just focused on the Deluxe Re-issues, when the deal is about cultivating her whole catalog.  This includes digital/streaming additions, which has been happening.  It would also include getting her songs into ads/movies/television and so on. The Like A Prayer inclusion in the Deadpool/Wolverine ad for instance (and hopefully the soundtrack).  It also include new curated things which has been happening like FEL and American Life Mix Show. There are many things Warner is doing behind the scenes which not all fans will see.  Madonna doesn't have to be involved in every aspect of it happening.  She is aware that Warners is cultivating her catalog, and meanwhile she is no doubt planning more curated releases.  Multi-year means MULTI-YEAR.  It doesn't mean it's all going to just come at once. As stated, her Interscope albums will start to become eligible for this deal starting in 2025.  The Deluxe Landmark re-issues, never specified a time, nor is the only part of this deal, but again, it's pretty much part of the deal some are quite fixated on. 

I agree, some things may have not happen as fast as we wish. But I do believe that Warners is working hard behind the scene in cultivating her catalog as said in this deal. Nothing was cancelled.  And nothing was promised at any specific time.  I prefer that they take their time at this, if they are wanting to do it right. Of course if Madonna is going to be involved, anything that will take a lot of her time, will need to be put aside.  However, she's been touring for the last 6 plus months. Let her rest and see what comes next.  Besides, I prefer a new album before any old stuff gets rehashed.  At the same time, I don't see why it can't be released simultaneously either.

Great info. Thank you! Whatever they are planning, I bet and hope for some surprises that we never expected. Here’s to new music too! 

9 minutes ago, Voguerista said:

Great info. Thank you! Whatever they are planning, I bet and hope for some surprises that we never expected. Here’s to new music too! 

Same here! I love what they've done so far.  Like everyone, I look forward to the expanded deluxe re-issues, but the two favorite things coming out of this for me is FEL, True Blue Silver Vinyl, and American Life Mix Show.  I'm also glad they keep updating her digital/streaming catalog, spreading it out, rather just add everything at once. It's definitely a good strategy, especially for the streaming platform as it keeps people coming back to stream her work. :party: