MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

It seems that the first album is being issued on vinyl, is this a repress of the 2001 edition??

https://www.juno.co.uk/products/madonna-the-first-album-vinyl/1024074-01/

I don't think this is anything, really. Label: Sire Italy is suspicious and also there's no other hint about it on any other store.

Juno also had a "new" "Madonna" (debut album) CD listed for today but it's still on "forthcoming".

Must be some second hand anything or a bootleg or whatever, sometimes they have those.

10 hours ago, Prayer said:

I don't think this is anything, really. Label: Sire Italy is suspicious and also there's no other hint about it on any other store.

Juno also had a "new" "Madonna" (debut album) CD listed for today but it's still on "forthcoming".

Must be some second hand anything or a bootleg or whatever, sometimes they have those.

Yeah, at best it might be a regional repressing.  I suspect this is a result of her recent tour and now regional labels are repressing certain albums because they are seeing a demand for the vinyl.  The Warner deal is something more bigger and still is going on and we'll be going on for some years to come.  I still believe expanded versions of her albums will be coming in the near future. Meanwhile, there seems to be a lot of cultivating of her back catalog with various digital/streaming releases, media/film exposure and various curated  and/or anniversary releases.  :party:

28 minutes ago, JurajK said:

What's wrong with reissues? I could imagine reissues of Madonna albums like this, for example:https://superdeluxeedition.com/news/the-police-synchronicity-6cd-box-set/

Nothing, it's just.. I neither care nor am I expecting any reissues anymore. I would rather prefer something new. 

I would see a point releasing reissues in a long pause between albums (Madame X and next one /or before and during Celebration Tour), but now, I would prefer if she is focusing on new material only. 

There will be plenty of time for reissues in later stage of her career. She is not (and I don't want her to be) legacy artist yet. 

1 hour ago, JurajK said:

What's wrong with reissues? I could imagine reissues of Madonna albums like this, for example:https://superdeluxeedition.com/news/the-police-synchronicity-6cd-box-set/

What a dream this would be.  Anyway, I'm on the team something is still brewing with the Madonna expanded re-issues.  I also can't see why both can't happen. Re-issues and new music.  I'm intrigued in what's possible this fall when LAV officially turns 40. 

2 hours ago, JurajK said:

Yes, that would be wonderful.

Now, that box set took three years to put together, and we are hoping for more than 15 from Madonna... :)

16 hours ago, Donna said:

What a dream this would be.  Anyway, I'm on the team something is still brewing with the Madonna expanded re-issues.  I also can't see why both can't happen. Re-issues and new music.  I'm intrigued in what's possible this fall when LAV officially turns 40. 

(pretty much useless Warner statement from 3 years ago aside)

Yeah, but who said that something special needs to happen on 40th anniversary? 

We are focusing on that as it is something mandatory, but why reissues couldn't happen on 30th anniversary (and noone compliant back then) ? Or why they cannot happen later in her career only on 50th anniversary (seems more special in terms of "anniversaries") 

You know what I mean.. Why 40th anniversary should be something super important everyone is clinging on regarding reissues?  :)

8 hours ago, maddy1111 said:

(pretty much useless Warner statement from 3 years ago aside)

Yeah, but who said that something special needs to happen on 40th anniversary? 

We are focusing on that as it is something mandatory, but why reissues couldn't happen on 30th anniversary (and noone compliant back then) ? Or why they cannot happen later in her career only on 50th anniversary (seems more special in terms of "anniversaries") 

You know what I mean.. Why 40th anniversary should be something super important everyone is clinging on regarding reissues?  :)

Because the original press release was using the 40th Anniversary of her career to monument this new deal.  What some keep insisting on is NOTHING is happening from it. That's just not true.  A lot has happened.  It's just for some, it's not enough or what they don't' care for.  Some simply zoomed in on one portion of the deal which is the expansive re-issues of landmark albums.  But the deal is bigger than just the re-issues. Over all, it's about cultivating her complete catalog (which is happening) and making all her music available on one label by 2025.

The deal is still on-going. They didn't give any time factor on any re-issues or new curated releases.  All that was said is that this is a "MULTI-YEAR DEAL" and that by 2025, her Interscope albums will start being housed under Warner.  I agree, the "reissues" shouldn't be considered "mandatory", but unfortunately that's all some really care about that was mentioned in the deal.  And since no expansive re-issues have happened, some are assuming that this whole deal "isn't" or happening still. It is still happening. Once again, "Multi-year" deal means many years. 

And before some smart-ass comes in and takes offense about me coming off condescending, just take a seat. I'm only repeating FACTS from the press release.  Do not come after me and school me about "writing essays". After all, if you think anything I wrote is an "essay" then you haven't gone to school past primary school.  The fact is; we all are frustrated that we haven't seen what most of us want which is the expansive re-issues  I. Get. That!  I can't say for sure that these expansive re-issues are still happening like they planned, but this deal is still on-going.   Anything still can happen. Besisde, I prefer them take time on these expansive re-issues than just shove out re-issues of things we already have.  :)

35 minutes ago, Donna said:

Because the original press release was using the 40th Anniversary of her career to monument this new deal.  What some keep insisting on is NOTHING is happening from it. That's just not true.  A lot has happened.  It's just for some, it's not enough or what they don't' care for.  Some simply zoomed in on one portion of the deal which is the expansive re-issues of landmark albums.  But the deal is bigger than just the re-issues. Over all, it's about cultivating her complete catalog (which is happening) and making all her music available on one label by 2025.

The deal is still on-going. They didn't give any time factor on any re-issues or new curated releases.  All that was said is that this is a "MULTI-YEAR DEAL" and that by 2025, her Interscope albums will start being housed under Warner.  I agree, the "reissues" shouldn't be considered "mandatory", but unfortunately that's all some really care about that was mentioned in the deal.  And since no expansive re-issues have happened, some are assuming that this whole deal "isn't" or happening still. It is still happening. Once again, "Multi-year" deal means many years. 

And before some smart-ass comes in and takes offense about me coming off condescending, just take a seat. I'm only repeating FACTS from the press release.  Do not come after me and school me about "writing essays". After all, if you think anything I wrote is an "essay" then you haven't gone to school past primary school.  The fact is; we all are frustrated that we haven't seen what most of us want which is the expansive re-issues  I. Get. That!  I can't say for sure that these expansive re-issues are still happening like they planned, but this deal is still on-going.   Anything still can happen. Besisde, I prefer them take time on these expansive re-issues than just shove out re-issues of things we already have.  :)

Yeah, they mentioned 40th anniversary and then immediately ignored the first one/her absolute debut in the music industry, lol.

So why to expect something/reissues now all of a sudden in 2024? :)

23 minutes ago, Donna said:

Thanks so much for making it more clear. I wouldn't get my hopes up on anything for what the press release said which is cultivating her whole catalog by 2025 on one label. It's nice to dream on reissues etc, but, anything extra is just a bonus. 

10 minutes ago, maddy1111 said:

Yeah, they mentioned 40th anniversary and then immediately ignored the first one/her absolute debut in the music industry, lol.

Because the deal is "on going".  It's a multi-year deal.  Only ONE album has celebrated it's 40th Anniversary. It's not like all her albums have.  LAV is reaching it's 40th in the fall.  You have to consider what was said in the deal... "land mark albums".  It never said "EVERY ALBUM that a fan considers 'landmark'". 

On 5/31/2024 at 2:08 PM, Brendanlovesu1 said:

It seems that the first album is being issued on vinyl, is this a repress of the 2001 edition??

https://www.juno.co.uk/products/madonna-the-first-album-vinyl/1024074-01/

If it is the reissue of 'The First Album' with the version of 'Burning Up' that lasts 4:48, it would really be great news.

15 hours ago, Donna said:

Because the deal is "on going".  It's a multi-year deal.  Only ONE album has celebrated it's 40th Anniversary. It's not like all her albums have.  LAV is reaching it's 40th in the fall.  You have to consider what was said in the deal... "land mark albums".  It never said "EVERY ALBUM that a fan considers 'landmark'". 

I would love to see your face if no reissue happens for LAV40 in November :Madonna008:

17 hours ago, Donna said:

It's the same thing you say every time. COME UP WITH SOMETHING ELSE

You literally sit here and type that out every time, it's fucking unhinged!!!

3 hours ago, deathproof said:

Just put the troll on ignore

3 hours ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

It's the same thing you say every time. COME UP WITH SOMETHING ELSE

You literally sit here and type that out every time, it's fucking unhinged!!!

Calm down, girls :Madonna007:

He is entitled to his own opinion :) you can (calmly) discuss as well or just ignore... It makes no sense to get triggered in internet discussions ;) 

8 hours ago, maddy1111 said:

I would love to see your face if no reissue happens for LAV40 in November :Madonna008:

I'll be fine because at the end of the day, I don't take it so seriously.  I don't look at that Warner Deal press statement as something "set in stone" or a law of the land for what's to come.  I also know that it's just not only about the "re-issues". 

And thank you for your follow up reply.  None of those individuals will ever get a moment of acknowledgement from me.  I'm better than that. Like you said, I have a right to my opinion. I've said nothing wrong here and I'm entitled to it. The difference is: I'm respectful with what I say. I am not looking to insult or put others down when I don't agree or like what someone is posting. I don't chime in simply to insult like some do here. Those oppose me here, are just upset over some disagreement we had long ago, and they can't let it go.  They prefer to pop in every so often and shade.  This is why they remain ignored and always will be ignored.  I have no interest in such nastiness. I'm here as a fan, and I will always support Madonna in a positive as well as in an objective manner. If that annoys some people; that's their problem.  Lastly, I love these discussions we have. I appreciate you always keep it respectful and don't insult or call me names just because we don't agree.  This is how a forum of diverse and intelligent fans should interact. Thank you again. :luv:

On 6/3/2024 at 4:48 PM, maddy1111 said:

I would consider Finally Enough to be a good way to kick the deal off. It's 50 #1s (ok some are left off) and done in a unique way that its also not just some generic greatest hits. My only complaint is that GARBAGE artwork. Hoping he is not allowed anywhere near future projects.

3 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I would consider Finally Enough to be a good way to kick the deal off. It's 50 #1s (ok some are left off) and done in a unique way that its also not just some generic greatest hits. My only complaint is that GARBAGE artwork. Hoping he is not allowed anywhere near future projects.

While the digital/streaming release of the MXT Experience was the true kick off to the deal, I agree FEL was a great way to curate a new GH's compilation but with a twist. Just her dance songs. I actually love the artwork.  The music is great as well. I love all the mixes they chose and re-worked. I can't wait to see what comes next other than the digital/streaming adds.  I'm also hoping more upgrades to her videos to start again. :party:

Just now, Donna said:

While the digital/streaming release of the MXT Experience was the true kick off to the deal, I agree FEL was a great way to curate a new GH's compilation but with a twist. Just her dance songs. I actually love the artwork.  The music is great as well. I love all the mixes they chose and re-worked. I can't wait to see what comes next other than the digital/streaming adds.  I'm also hoping more upgrades to her videos to start again. :party:

I disagree...i actually never bought it and i dont stream it either lol but i know it did pretty well and she looked so hot with Nile at that disco rollerskating party!