MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

1 hour ago, Prayer said:

Don't you all realize that @Honey Littlewas joking? Ain't that clear? Gosh.

A true recap of what the Madonna Tribe person has said so far:

- "It was not planned for then." -> replying to another user if "M40" or any other announcement was planned for July 27th and delayed because of the infection. Didn't say that "M40" is not planned by Warner, only that it wasn't planned for the anniversary.

- "There’s rarely exact or meaningfully dated anniversary reissues from legends. McCartney, Dylan, Bowie etc have released massive brilliant box sets and few if any have corresponded with release dates. Anniversary reissues exist in fans heads mainly in the real world."

- About dates: "And as I’ve said before; no one knows. You won’t find the answers on forums or social media. The planning for them has happened. I know that. We will get it / them when they are ready. When there is news, you’ll hear the news. It hasn’t been forgotten."

- April 2023: "Madonna's team are working very hard in insane levels of detail on putting together the tracklistings including some nice surprises. Rhino will just receive what M's team put together. A LOT of hard work has gone into locating specific edits and versions from very exhaustive lists for example - it will be for M to decide what actually goes out and for Rhino to decide commercially what makes sense in terms of number of physical discs (if they go down a physical product route - I have zero info on the product side of things).

I can guarantee that the track listings suggested are exhaustive.

And I can guarantee that as usual, a subset of Madonna fans will have already forensically decided what they are entitled to and anything deviating from that entitlement will result in them demanding that she sack her team, shoot Guy Oseary into the moon and similar".

"No release dates were given or even hinted at; Finally Enough Love was the first release under the new legacy deal with Rhino, so we’ve had the first release already.

Fans created the narrative that albums would be reissued on anniversaries."

And finally:

"I can guarantee you that the reissues (my word) (I won’t call them box sets etc as I genuinely don’t know what format digital physical or otherwise they will take) are still very much being worked on and they have not been forgotten; we just need to be patient and receive them when they arrive; and not feel entitled to things before that time."

I won't make screenshots. It's all here if you're interested in checking:

https://forum.madonnatribe.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5528

You can create and account in 2 minutes and check it yourselves.

I won’t type a chapter like others that no one will read, but I do want to thank you for commentary.

Always a good read. :)

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Would You Like To Try said:

Ok so now I decide I am the god of music and Madonna will release a new album in 2 minutes

Some would probably believe this and get hyped:smuglaugh:

Oh my God!!! Madonna has announced a new double album two minutes ago named: Like Madame X on a Dance Floor. :Madonna014:

Thank you for the great recap. You are great @Prayer

i still would like some juicy insider info even though it might be completely fabricated so we can discuss. “Just wait until it’s ready” is so little for us to discuss 218 pages later lol

*sigh* hopefully we will have something to talk about #soon

11 hours ago, maddy1111 said:

The first of all, one was angry here at any point of time today, it was perfectly normal discussion without anyone being angry or rude, so really not sure what some of the recent posts are talking about.

The second point of discussion was just to reveal a bit more info where the supposed insider info is coming from (forum with specific member/print screen of exact quote), that's all, so we at least know if to take it slightly seriously or it is totally fabricated info from some recent member on PopJustice who pretends he knows it all, that's all. :)

We are all angry. We want answers. Where's our fucking box set???

My take, and this is obviously just guesswork on my part (maybe even some wishful thinking), but I'm guessing that the initial plan was to announce the tour, then announce the first reissue on the actual 40th anniversary date, then to begin the tour in August.  Obviously her illness changed those plans, and while I'm not exactly sure why they couldn't still have at least announced the first set then, which makes me suspect that it may be because her health was worse than we may have been led to believe.

A reissue announcement on its own might not usually be a huge deal, but I'm convinced that Madonna and team want to go all out with a media blitz to promote the tour and the album together, and she just wasn't in any way up for it yet.  I think that they want to do an all out, interviews on every show, behind the scenes rehearsal stuff with Entertainment Tonight, maybe even a couple first album inspired photo shoots, aaaalllllll the things, aaalllllll the fabulous things, who knows?  But I think she's ready to step into the limelight again in a positive way, and a massive refocus on the songs and the reasons we love her in the first place coupled with our cultures obsession with nostalgia make me think that she's ready to remind some bitches how it's done.  And if she was still unable to give it her all, does anyone want to imagine an interview with her seeming frail or weak?  Can you imagine how cruel the asshat keyboard "warriors" would be if she came out announcing her comeback while looking "old"?  There's been far too much of that already.

So now I think that the plan was altered and that we'll get the announcement on her birthday, and that she'll do the promotion closer to the start of the tour, which will hopefully coincide with the reissue release date, if only to strike while the hype-iron is the hottest.  Also, not sure if anyone else remembers, but the actual announcement of the reissue program was announced on her birthday two years ago, and FEL was released almost exactly a year later.  The timing would have been about the same had she not gotten sick, and will be about the same time frame if she announces it next week.

I was just as surprised and disappointed as a lot of you are when we didn't hear anything on the actual 40th, but this seems to make sense when taken with the "postponing all commitments INCLUDING the tour" statement.

Or I could just be fooling myself and on her birthday we'll just get a digital reissue of the Holiday single.  :cryin:

On 8/9/2023 at 9:14 PM, maddy1111 said:

Yeah and it didn't led to absolutely anything :D

Moreover we are mentioning here "2 years" like it is "2 hours" of waiting. Jeez, they had 2 years to do a re-issue, (everyone read it slowly) to re-issue already existing album!

Add new remixes, some demos from vault and release it in some nice box (they have plenty amazing fanmade inspirations available online, not even such big effort) and on some colored vinyl maybe. And they were not even able to that for a single album in 2 years even if they knew M40 is coming in 2 years when making announcement and that was super huge opportunity to reissue her first album and celebrate her amazing career. 

After July 27th passed, each time I am hearing "Warner deal" I am just like :Madonna040: and back then, I was even super happy that she is back with them, pity me I guess 

I dont know if you were alcoholized that day or something  but i was just answering why we could have a statement on her birthday as it's not an oddity since they already did it. Nothing else.

2 hours ago, Roland Barthes said:

I dont know if you were alcoholized that day or something  but i was just answering why we could have a statement on her birthday as it's not an oddity since they already did it. Nothing else.

I don't know why tou cannot have any normal discussion with someone who don't agree with you without blaming him being drunk, but I was just answering why we should not fix on the date of her birthday, that's all. 

My opinion is simply that it doesn't mean anything that they did it once already, so in 2 years later any big new announcement should happen again on her birthday. Nothing indicates that at the moment. 

They simply missed every milestone and anniversary in the last two years, the biggest one being her 40th anni, so just really not sure why the 65th birthday should indicate now that something is coming all of a sudden. That's it. 

1 hour ago, maddy1111 said:

I don't know why tou cannot have any normal discussion with someone who don't agree with you without blaming him being drunk, but I was just answering why we should not fix on the date of her birthday, that's all. 

My opinion is simply that it doesn't mean anything that they did it once already, so in 2 years later any big new announcement should happen again on her birthday. Nothing indicates that at the moment. 

They simply missed every milestone and anniversary in the last two years, the biggest one being her 40th anni, so just really not sure why the 65th birthday should indicate now that something is coming all of a sudden. That's it. 

It's not my opinion. I was just stating that it wouldn't be odd (like you implied) to have an announcement made on her birthday since they already did it previously. 

I think the media will be focusing on the fact that she is 65, and that she is officially a señor citizen in the United States as well as her new tour, various achievements from the fast 40 years and recovery from bacteria. 

i don’t think the media or press releases will be discussing “I Know It” and “Borderline”.

2 hours ago, Honey Little said:

I think the media will be focusing on the fact that she is 65, and that she is officially a señor citizen in the United States as well as her new tour, various achievements from the fast 40 years and recovery from bacteria. 

i don’t think the media or press releases will be discussing “I Know It” and “Borderline”.

Oh Honey, you're a hoot. :laughing::heart:

You guys make me feel like I'm watching a tumultuous reality show sometimes by reading this forum. Quite the dysfunctional bunch we all are, eh?

I personally don't expect an announcement on her birthday but it would be joyous if so. Heck, we haven't even gotten the rescheduled tour dates and it's been a week since she said they'd be coming imminently.

On 8/10/2023 at 8:55 PM, steady75 said:

Historically Madonna and her team have released multiple albums, videos, singles artworks, tours, merch and even made films as well as countless magazine shoots, clothing lines and press interviews released in a two year period. Taylor Swift has re-recorded about four albums and had three new ones in the same time since the deal was announced. 

If Warner can’t remaster, collate and put together a few deluxe albums from already recorded material and artworks that are sitting there on the shelf then I don’t know what to say. Whoever is in charge I wish I had their job because honey the work load is minuscule. 

This is spot on. Its ignorance of fans as usual. If they didn't plan anything for the 40th or at least anticipate expectations its enough of the same for fans to be disappointed and critical. Defending her and team is hazardous after the history and massive gaps they have created with fans and collectors. Even if insiders say they are working on something history says its more likely to disappear without a trace than be released. 

Let people be frustrated at a disappointing situation

Regarding the sort of backpeddling on the whole anniversary release idea, it’s true nothing was  promised but it’s understandable how people got their hopes up.

There hasn’t been a lot of consistency in how the digital single rereleases have been happening, but at least some of them have been roughly around their original release dates. Everybody, BU/PA and Borderline were, so you can see how folks kinda got excited a concurrent album reissue was following. 🤷‍♂️

40 minutes ago, MikeyK said:

Regarding the sort of backpeddling on the whole anniversary release idea, it’s true nothing was  promised but it’s understandable how people got their hopes up.

There hasn’t been a lot of consistency in how the digital single rereleases have been happening, but at least some of them have been roughly around their original release dates. Everybody, BU/PA and Borderline were, so you can see how folks kinda got excited a concurrent album reissue was following. 🤷‍♂️

But no one was "backpedaling". That's just silly made up nonsense to try to ridicule members who had faith something was coming!  Like you stated, we all simply were posting our hopes and opinions.  Everyone knew nothing was promised.  It seemed plausible for something to be released on the 27th of July, just as some are hoping something will happen on her birthday.  Unfortunately, nothing happened on the 27th and I highly doubt anything will be announced regarding the re-issues on her birthday.  We live and learn.  I no longer have any interest in defending this Warner deal when it comes to the re-issues, but we also can't pretend nothing has been produced from it.  The fact is; it just hasn't yet produced what most fans were hoping for, which is the deluxe re-issues.  Understandably, people are upset about it.  :)

4 minutes ago, BradleyPratt said:

My 3D upgrade of my Ray of Light box set is out now, check it out while we wait for something better! (#soon :laughing:)

1117132837_RayofLight3DPortfolio2023-08-12-19.thumb.jpg.0e74cf1567ca5d9acd2f6a486f42c170.jpg1281253899_RayofLight3DPortfolio2023-08-12-.thumb.jpg.4e969c006b40e3b456ab9985fe406fdf.jpg

https://www.behance.net/gallery/134394977/Madonna-Ray-of-Light-Expanded-Box-Set

Impressive.  I realize this is just art, but wouldn't it be awesome if M's team produced something like this.  Then again, it would probably be super expensive.

Thank you so much!  I love your creations!  So wonderful and impressive!