MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/1/2024 at 7:38 AM, McDonna said:

Umm?  I'm confused?  Why did you bring up your "pet peeve"?  I didn't even use the world "vinyl" in what you quoted of me.   Thanks for the English-Language lesson, but I know "vinyl" is singular and plural.  If I put a "s" at the end of the word at anytime, it  was a silly mistake.  Still (and no offense) seems like a silly thing to point out especially since I didn't use the word incorrectly in what you quoted. :Madonna033:

Sorry, that wasn't meant to be directed at you.  I was scrolling thru and it was in a different post.  It just happened to be on my mind when I was writing.

On 4/1/2024 at 9:49 AM, Blue Jean said:

Gen Z are going to fuck the language purists right up

:04:

They sure are, lol.  It's already hard enough to get some people to read anything longer than a tweet without seeing a "TL;DR" in there.  I am genuinely frightened for the future literacy of, if not the world, then the U.S. for sure.  

13 minutes ago, momosfantasy said:

They sure are, lol.  It's already hard enough to get some people to read anything longer than a tweet without seeing a "TL;DR" in there.  I am genuinely frightened for the future literacy of, if not the world, then the U.S. for sure.  

love books too. ..... and i'm a millenial......

2 hours ago, momosfantasy said:

Thanks for clearing up that post when you quoted me.  And I get what you're saying here. It's so true, kids today don't want to do shit anymore. But it's not just kids.  Some people even on this very community seem to have issues comprehending anything past a few words, especially if they don't agree with someone. They are like, 'I'm not reading that essay!"  Pleeeeeease, if one thinks a few sentences are an essay, then I don't even know how one gets through a page in a book.  A true essay can be as much as 20 to 30 pages, depending on a topic.  A paragraph or two of something you don't agree with is NOT an essay.

6 hours ago, BoyToyMark said:

I'd like the Hard Candy LP to be reissued again soon.

I'm so glad I purchased it when it first came out.  I had it stored away for years until I pulled it out late last year and actually opened and played it.  I was amazed how well it sounds on Vinyl!!  But yes, I would love to see this one re-issued for those who are wanting it now.

11 hours ago, Honey Little said:

Pretty sure this contract was put on hold or nullified so she can focus on her tour, get healthy and raise her children. Also she was working on a biopic before which was either nullified or put on hold as well. Let Madonna do things in her own time. 

It's not on hold or nullified -  the focus is the tour obviously. The tour delay may have resulted in the adjustment of the release schedule however we are still getting streaming releases, vinyls (True Blue / Celebration) and it's likely we will see more after the tour - you'll also notice merch has also been exclusively for the tour. That's the focus. 

2 hours ago, GregVsMatt said:

It's not on hold or nullified -  the focus is the tour obviously. The tour delay may have resulted in the adjustment of the release schedule however we are still getting streaming releases, vinyls (True Blue / Celebration) and it's likely we will see more after the tour - you'll also notice merch has also been exclusively for the tour. That's the focus. 

🧘 

46 minutes ago, Honey Little said:

Spanish Lesson continues to be on my Apple Music annual list of my most played songs for all the years that I used the streaming service.

And aside from Spanish Lesson, for 2024 so far my most played Madonna songs include: Cherish, Keep It Together, Superstar, Papa Don’t Preach, Come Alive, Fever, Love Profusion (FEL version), Medellin.

These are my current jams.

43 minutes ago, luckypierre78 said:

OK so I know this is not always an indicator of anything (like Live To Tell), but this version of Pretender on Youtube is copywrited as Pretender (2024 Remaster) from the album Like A Virgin.  Could this be a 2024 LAV re-issue?  A b-side to a Papa Don't Preach single reissue?  Nothing at all?  :thinker:

Madonna - Pretender (Album Version)

I hope so. But ‘Pretender’ was on the B-Side of ‘Material Girl’ on streaming this year 

Looks like Ray of Light will be the next reissue. According to the original press release sent out se eran years ago it says LANDMARK ALBUMS. So I do not imagine more than 2 or 3 album reissues as part of this contract.

Ray of Light and Like a Prayer  are my guesses for the only album reissues. And maybe a 3rd one like Madame X.