MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Cyberraga said:

I'm over this regional exclusivity bullshit. Some days ago I bought japanese release of Try This by P!nk and I spent more money on secondhanded record than I shoulda have.

Amen!  Release all the tracks everywhere.  I don't get the regional exclusives.   I'm also sick of the Standard/Deluxe/Super Deluxe/Bonus tracks releases.  It's one thing to re-release something down the line with more tracks, but when it's first release, just make all songs available on one format.  Of course, it's all making more money, but it's a real turn off.

19 hours ago, Honey Little said:

Honey that was released on the Japanese version of the album. It already had justice.

That does not translate to me streaming the song or including it in any playlists outside of a Japanese version of the physical cd.  There are way too many b-sides and bonus songs missing on her online catalogues.  

3 hours ago, musicinferno said:

Hard Grammy alone would be a great reissue. A 2nd vinyl with all those amazing demos and deleted tracks would be everything. 

Do you mean Hard Candy?
It's already three records, plus a cd. 

If she's gonna squeeze all those demos and outtakes in, she'll need at least two more records.

8 minutes ago, Celebration said:

Do you mean Hard Candy?
It's already three records, plus a cd. 

If she's gonna squeeze all those demos and outtakes in, she'll need at least two more records.

I call it Hard Grammy or Hard Granny. 

It's only 2 LPs - the special edition just had bonus remixes on the 3rd vinyl. 

On 4/11/2024 at 8:57 AM, Donna said:

Amen!  Release all the tracks everywhere.  I don't get the regional exclusives.   I'm also sick of the Standard/Deluxe/Super Deluxe/Bonus tracks releases.  It's one thing to re-release something down the line with more tracks, but when it's first release, just make all songs available on one format.  Of course, it's all making more money, but it's a real turn off.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_edition#:~:text=To incentivise domestic shoppers to,available on the standard edition.

Do you think Rhino will release a kind of box containing vinyl, cd + dvd? I decided to purchase all her studio album vinyls, but I'm afraid to start now and then they could be release in a special box of each album. All her re-released vinyls are very expensive now. 

15 minutes ago, bstranger said:

Do you think Rhino will release a kind of box containing vinyl, cd + dvd? I decided to purchase all her studio album vinyls, but I'm afraid to start now and then they could be release in a special box of each album. All her re-released vinyls are very expensive now. 

I'd be shocked if they do.  I think once the deluxe-expansive re-issues happen it will focus more on specific albums/eras.  :)

6 hours ago, bstranger said:

That's my dream for this deal. It sounds like you've had similar thoughts as me. I've held off on collecting her vinyls (besides a few particular ones I just really wanted) because I'm waiting to see if superior versions / box sets are coming down the pipeline

8 hours ago, bstranger said:

I have a friend that sold most of his collection 10 years ago and bought just FEL 6 LP box set and Celebration reissue so far - he plans to buy the expanded editions in the future 

I was waiting for the reissues to happen to buy the vinyls but I sincerely lost interest because it’s been 3 years so I just went ahead and bought LAV and BS. 

if they do end up re-releasing something I’ll stick to streaming. It’s been too long to keep waiting for something that might not even happen (or not in the capacity we were hoping for)

15 minutes ago, Diieeego said:

I was waiting for the reissues to happen to buy the vinyls but I sincerely lost interest because it’s been 3 years so I just went ahead and bought LAV and BS. 

if they do end up re-releasing something I’ll stick to streaming. It’s been too long to keep waiting for something that might not even happen (or not in the capacity we were hoping for)

We got the Lucky Star single on streaming to celebrate the 40th Anniversary of her first album. Not sure what more you want.