MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

13 minutes ago, RyanUK said:

Just came across this article from 2011 from Madonnatribe. Interesting to read that Warner’s were planning to release the WHOLE Virgin Tour concert on DVD, so it must be in their archives. Exciting stuff! 

http://www.madonnatribe.com/decade/2011/here-come-virgin-tour-blond-ambition-and-girlie-show/

I don't believe a word in that article, even back then. Maybe their source was making that up or there were vague plans (remember Guy Oseary also said that at some point) but were abandoned.

Let's see with the reissues but I wouldn't expect a whole version of "The Virgin Tour" (or even the show at all). But I'll be happy to be proven wrong.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Prayer said:

I don't believe a word in that article, even back then. Maybe their source was making that up or there were vague plans (remember Guy Oseary also said that at some point) but were abandoned.

Let's see with the reissues but I wouldn't expect a whole version of "The Virgin Tour" (or even the show at all). But I'll be happy to be proven wrong.

This.

Though, in July 2012 blu-ray.com announced that a Blu-ray edition of The Girlie Show would be released the following yr

51 minutes ago, Prayer said:

MadonnaTribe have always been a reliable source as far as I’m aware, but who knows. 

I can’t imagine The Virgin Tour not being released at all, even if it is the already released version. I think out of all of her tours, this one would appeal the most to the general public. It was her first tour and includes classic after classic. Warner’s would be stupid not to release this as part of this deal. It may not be a stand alone release, but I think it stands a good chance of being included in the Like a Virgin reissue. 

Edited by RyanUK (see edit history)

I mean we are in re-issues territory now. Many Prince rare concerts or one off performances have been uploaded to streaming and have multiple formats available. With Madonnas teams insistence on pushing her fanbase to streaming as the dominant format for her I can easily see her tours being digital only releases with the physical content being released a year or so later for the hardcore fanbase. That way everyone wins. Sit in a vault somewhere or make bank online. I honestly think in another 10 years time there will be some sort of premium for physical media and that regulation will phase a lot of it out. It'll be done on a paid order only basis rather than speculative.

1 hour ago, steady75 said:

I mean we are in re-issues territory now. Many Prince rare concerts or one off performances have been uploaded to streaming and have multiple formats available. With Madonnas teams insistence on pushing her fanbase to streaming as the dominant format for her I can easily see her tours being digital only releases with the physical content being released a year or so later for the hardcore fanbase. That way everyone wins. Sit in a vault somewhere or make bank online. I honestly think in another 10 years time there will be some sort of premium for physical media and that regulation will phase a lot of it out. It'll be done on a paid order only basis rather than speculative.

Yes, concerts are very popular.

Metallica's deluxe box sets are litted with concerts on both cd and really cool vinyls. :)

6 hours ago, deathproof said:

This.

Though, in July 2012 blu-ray.com announced that a Blu-ray edition of The Girlie Show would be released the following yr

I mean, we did get an HD version of the Express yourself performance on YouTube, what if this is where it comes from? I've never had a reason to doubt MadonnaTribe

12 hours ago, steady75 said:

When? She's about to release a remix collection on 2 cd editions, multiple colored vinyl and a deluxe boxset. I really don' t see her team pushing in that direction. Trying to build a streaming fanbase yes, but not only digital. Madame X Tuor is at the moment the only digital release, but time will tell if it's going to be digital only in the future. It was released less than a year ago.

36 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

When? She's about to release a remix collection on 2 cd editions, multiple colored vinyl and a deluxe boxset. I really don' t see her team pushing in that direction. Trying to build a streaming fanbase yes, but not only digital. Madame X Tuor is at the moment the only digital release, but time will tell if it's going to be digital only in the future. It was released less than a year ago.

But boo this is exactly what I just said. Digital only with a potential release for the hardcore in a year or so. 

it’s no mystery that they’re trying to bump her streaming number.

The EpS the Like A Prayer and True Blue anniversaries. The FEL available for two months before the physical and full project. What’s good boo? 

30 minutes ago, steady75 said:

But boo this is exactly what I just said. Digital only with a potential release for the hardcore in a year or so. 

it’s no mystery that they’re trying to bump her streaming number.

The EpS the Like A Prayer and True Blue anniversaries. The FEL available for two months before the physical and full project. What’s good boo? 

The True Blue and LAP anniversaries were released before she was back with Warner.

7 minutes ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

Whoops I was getting ahead of myself there, so did they just put the VHS onto DVD when that started to become popular?

I think no one wants to talk about the DVD, which is a blurry mess. :laughing:

I think it's the same situation as DWT. The deinterlacing method they used must have resulted the video being blurry. Plus, the 5.1 audio in GS DVD is not the best but not the worst (MDNA DVD can choke). 

Actually when I think about it if we look at the single EP's that have been released to streaming you sort of get a clearer vision of which albums are likely to get re-releases first.

Erotica (1) / Ray Of Light (1) /  American Life (1) : have all had the least released EP's / held back and they all have anniversaries in the next 12 months (30th / 25th / 20th respectively)

Music (3) / Bedtime Story (4 all) / and both Like A Prayer & True Blue have had pretty comprehensive digital editions so I imagine they'll be pushed down the list. 

There is not much additional material that we know of from Madonna and Like A Virgin but we do know the Everybody remixes have been sourced and that there's a possibility of Pre-Madonna stuff being included and of course Like A Virgin is her first Landmark album and will likely house the soundtracks songs from around that era too and potentially Live Aid recordings. 

With the disco revival you might say that it's a good time for a Confessions Special Edition but I can't see it happening for a while TBH

I'm really not sure just how much were gonna get that soon. I think it's safe to say that they'll follow the Prince model and have some stuff at purely digital only

The prince estate have really only released one studio album re-edition proper a year

Prince & The Revolution (Live album)

The Gold Experience (album re-release)

The 12 Warner albums reissued (some cd some vinyl some both)

Camille (cancelled album first release pending this year)

Do Me Baby Demo  (single digital only)

Welcome to America ( album unreleased) 

The Truth (album RSD release)

Sign O the Times (album deluxe) 

Live At The Aladdin Las Vegas  (EP digital only)

1999 (album deluxe)

I Feel For You  Demo (single) (digital only)

The Versace Experience (sampler EP)

Originals (album)

His Majestys Pop Life (RSD release)

The Greatest Romance Ever Sold (single)

Rock N Roll Is Alive (single)

Musicology (album Vinyl coloured)

3121 (album Vinyl coloured)

Planet Earth (album Vinyl coloured)

Rave Unto The Joy Fantastic (album)

Rave In2 The Joy Fantastic (album)

Ultimate Rave (2cd album)

Chaos & Disorder (album reissue)

Emancipation (album reissue)

Piano & A Microphone (demos session album)

Anthology (compilation album) (digital only)

Nothing Compare To You (single digital only)

Purple Rain (album deluxe)

4 Ever (compilation)

as well as the odd exclusive thing here and there in various regions

I mean that's a lot of stuff but even if you take away the standard re-isues there's plenty to pick up.

Obviously Madonna was no where near as prolific and is still with us so will be releasing new stuff (fingers crossed soon) but I really like the idea of some of these smaller curiosity streaming only releases for things that maybe she / they don't feel warrant a full release.

I'm hoping these include Live Tours, promotional shows and appearances, demo versions, abandoned projects and unreleased remix projects and abandoned single ideas with their associated artwork concepts, also promotional concepts like 12"era and It's That Girl etc. 

I think the headline releases will amount to one a year personally maybe two at a push but the delicious things in between will probably be where the real meat and potatoes lie for the hardcore fanbase.

Erotica (1) / Ray Of Light (1) /  American Life (1) : have all had the least released EP's / held back and they all have anniversaries in the next 12 months (30th / 25th / 20th respectively)

+ Hard Candy (0!) and has anniversary next year (15th)!!! HARDER CANDY THE RE-UP IN 2023, PERIOD!!! 

Lets Go Kh GIF by Black Panther #FanActivistCon

30 minutes ago, Andreo said:

I'm not even joking when I hype Hard Candy up, i genuinely NEED a reissue with Ring My Bell, Latte, Across The Sky + other demos and mostly the candy box! The candies nobody ate so they could resell'em to 120$ on eBay once they're expired, guys I want all of that asap! >:(

I think out of all of her albums Hard Candy had the best songs that didnt make it to the album. It definitely would've changed the narrative she would've told with that album and it would've gone from "madonna is doing hip hop" to "Madonna's divorce album". And i know it isnt a hip hop album but everyone kept saying it at that time despite it being incredibly pop.

I mean personally I don't need anything from Hard Candy. That era was the absolute beginning of the petulant troll donna that has really plagued her public reputation from that album since. It was a real pain in the ass to me. After all the love in of the 80's and the difficult early 90's it finally seemed the world was on her side again for a good seven years and she'd found her lane even in American Life era she was right and on the money. From Hard Candy onwards she just seemed constantly irritable, petulant, ill tempered and grumpy...and not in a productive way that had served her in the years previous. The mask had slipped a bit and I think the projects suffered as a result. The second divorce naturally really affected her view of life. The first divorce obviously led to a creative high and some soul searching. The second seemed to really knock her for six.

23 minutes ago, steady75 said:

I mean personally I don't need anything from Hard Candy. That era was the absolute beginning of the petulant troll donna that has really plagued her public reputation from that album since. It was a real pain in the ass to me. After all the love in of the 80's and the difficult early 90's it finally seemed the world was on her side again for a good seven years and she'd found her lane. From Hard Candy onwards she just seemed constantly irritable, petulant, ill tempered and grumpy...and not in a productive way that had served her in the years previous. The mask had slipped a bit and I think the projects suffered as a result.

Imo the "troll donna" attitude started later than that, at least around MDNA Era or after. Watching interviews in 2008, she still looked calm and "mature" like in the previous years, just a bit more sassy like in tour. 

Anyways great era or not, she could have murdered Tony Stark and I'd still give no shit, I love the album anyways and that's why I want more lol

I mean personally I don't need anything from Hard Candy. That era was the absolute beginning of the petulant troll donna that has really plagued her public reputation from that album since. It was a real pain in the ass to me. After all the love in of the 80's and the difficult early 90's it finally seemed the world was on her side again for a good seven years and she'd found her lane even in American Life era she was right and on the money. From Hard Candy onwards she just seemed constantly irritable, petulant, ill tempered and grumpy...and not in a productive way that had served her in the years previous. The mask had slipped a bit and I think the projects suffered as a result. The second divorce naturally really affected her view of life. The first divorce obviously led to a creative high and some soul searching. The second seemed to really knock her for six.

Ehh...i would definitely disagree with you when it comes to American Life, that wasnt her finding her lane but becoming complacent. It's failure really shook her and the public was becoming...Bored of her. The parodies of that time were of her as a soft spoken shadow of a woman who always put her husband first was middle aged and now a children's book author. Esther was definitely her lowest which is why Reinvention in it's context did wonders. Live8 took it even further and really set up Confessions nicely. Hard Candy i feel is the first era really sabotaged by her fans. So many racial comments and to top it off she adopted a black child and was accused of kidnapping him which fueled even more of those comments but then...4 Minutes was an actual hit. Had the follow up single been Beat Goes On or Heartbeat we would've had a top 10 single but that momentum was ruined. Then the divorce and younger men gave people fuel to really destroy her and body shame her with those nasty comments that Guy supposedly said cuddling with her was like cuddling with gristle. She definitely didnt start trolling until the grillz i feel. But anyway...lets see if that makes it to the biopic.

2 hours ago, Andreo said:

I'm not even joking when I hype Hard Candy up, i genuinely NEED a reissue with Ring My Bell, Latte, Across The Sky + other demos and mostly the candy box! The candies nobody ate so they could resell'em to 120$ on eBay once they're expired, guys I want all of that asap! >:(

Hard Candy's unreleased tracks are FIRE. Across The Sky and Animal are better than most of the album tracks and the second one was single material.