Madonna's Spotify Progress

Fabiolous

1 minute ago, JustinTimes said:

I've always been confused with "Spanish Eyes"

When I first bought the album when it was originally released, it was called "Pray For Spanish Eyes" in the UK at least.

I've still never figured out what the original title is or why they changed it later 🤷

As far as I know, it was called "Spanish Eyes" but then changed to "Pray For Spanish Eyes". Maybe there was another recent "Spanish Eyes" popular song back then and they wanted to avoid confusion?

23 minutes ago, Prayer said:

As far as I know, it was called "Spanish Eyes" but then changed to "Pray For Spanish Eyes". Maybe there was another recent "Spanish Eyes" popular song back then and they wanted to avoid confusion?

No idea, I've never figured it out. I still have the original CD and it says "Pray For Spanish Eyes" 

08/02 - 22,984,488 New Peak (+55,987)

WW #179 (=)

She should reach 23M monthly listeners for the very first time tomorrow! :cute:

- New big peaks:

"La Isla Bonita": 260M

"Like A Virgin" (Album Version): 211M

"4 Minutes" ("Celebration" Version): 211M

"Live To Tell": 43M

"Give It 2 Me": 38M

1 hour ago, milingo83 said:

09/02 - 23,037,936 New Peak (+53,448) 🎊 

WW #177 (+2)

Great day for her today!

- 23M monthly listeners for the first time ever!

- New milestone: "Hung Up" hits 300M, become her second official song after "Material Girl" to reach that peak (third if we combine "Like A Prayer" Album Version and "Celebration" Version streams).

- She's with BLOND:ISH and the new "Sorry" remix on the cover of "mint", one of Spotify's biggest dance playlists:

Mom is growing!

10/02 - 23,123,209 New Peak (+85,273)

WW #176 (+1)

+ New big peaks:

"Frozen" (Sickick Remix): 118M

"Music": 64M

"Material Girl" ("Like A Virgin" Album Version): 45M

"4 Minutes" ("Hard Candy" Album Version): 38M

"Give Me All Your Luvin'": 33M

"Survival": 2M

- "Sorry" (BLOND:ISH Remix):

Debuts with 77.062 streams, not bad but imagine with Release Radar support...

18 hours ago, Prayer said:

+ New big peaks:

"Frozen" (Sickick Remix): 118M

"Music": 64M

"Material Girl" ("Like A Virgin" Album Version): 45M

"4 Minutes" ("Hard Candy" Album Version): 38M

"Give Me All Your Luvin'": 33M

"Survival": 2M

- "Sorry" (BLOND:ISH Remix):

Debuts with 77.062 streams, not bad but imagine with Release Radar support...

It appeared on my release radar last evening

11/02 - 23,226,671 new peak (+103,462) 🔥 

WW #173 (+3)

+ "Sorry" BLOND:ISH Remix up to 155.246 streams. Honestly it's not that amazing for the amount of promo and spots on big playlists, but maybe it will increase in the next few days.

Not many big peaks today but "I Want You" on the "Something To Remember" album hits 4M.

- Finally Enough Love:

"Music" remix reaches +600.000 streams. On the Standard 16-track edition all songs are now at least +400.000.

2 hours ago, f78k said:

OK I realized they haven't just merged the versions, it's more complicated.

They updated "Borderline" on the "Madonna" album and the 2001 reissue to have the proper Album Version instead of the previous Extended Version (on the digital "Madonna" reissue for years).

That way, they've matched and merged the streams the Extended Mix had previously with the ones the version on "The Immaculate Collection" on digital has, tagged as "Remix" but actually the Album Version too. So now "Madonna" and "The Immaculate Collection" both have the "Borderline" Album Version.

What it's wrong is they've tagged "Borderline" on "Madonna" as "U.S. Remix", when actually now it is the Album Version. Emily, please.

Meanwhile, "Holiday" is not updated yet: the version on "Madonna" is an edit of "The Immaculate Collection" version.

All this mess makes me think "Madonna 40" is going behind the scenes and will be announced soon maybe? They didn't update and merge "Papa Don't Preach" right until weeks/days before "True Blue 35th" was released.

Edit: By the way, this new merged 18M "Borderline" Album Version shouldn't be combined with the 31M "Celebration" Version cause they simply are not the same version of the song!

Edit 2: The updated "Borderline" Album Version on "Madonna" is 5:20 instead of 5:17 on "The Immaculate Collection" and is LOUDER. So maybe it's a remastered version for "Madonna 40" too? Or maybe just the 2001 remastered version, I don't know. It's also updated on iTunes/Apple Music.

3 hours ago, Prayer said:

They updated "Borderline" on the "Madonna" album and the 2001 reissue to have the proper Album Version instead of the previous Extended Version (on the digital "Madonna" reissue for years).

That way, they've matched and merged the streams the Extended Mix had previously with the ones the version on "The Immaculate Collection" on digital has, tagged as "Remix" but actually the Album Version too. So now "Madonna" and "The Immaculate Collection" both have the "Borderline" Album Version.

What it's wrong is they've tagged "Borderline" on "Madonna" as "U.S. Remix", when actually now it is the Album Version. Emily, please.

Meanwhile, "Holiday" is not updated yet: the version on "Madonna" is an edit of "The Immaculate Collection" version.

All this mess makes me think "Madonna 40" is going behind the scenes and will be announced soon maybe? They didn't update and merge "Papa Don't Preach" right until weeks/days before "True Blue 35th" was released.

Edit: By the way, this new merged 18M "Borderline" Album Version shouldn't be combined with the 31M "Celebration" Version cause they simply are not the same version of the song!

Edit 2: The updated "Borderline" Album Version on "Madonna" is 5:20 instead of 5:17 on "The Immaculate Collection" and is LOUDER. So maybe it's a remastered version for "Madonna 40" too? Or maybe just the 2001 remastered version, I don't know. It's also updated on iTunes/Apple Music.

Warner Records king of making edits to their songs knowing 1% will figure it out unless it appears as new release:Madonna002:

4 hours ago, Prayer said:

Thanks for this.  It's exciting to think that these updates on the digital/streaming platforms could be a hint to the 40th Anniversary debut album might be right around the corner.  

RE:Immaculate Collection.  It annoys me that steaming/digital platforms don't have the same version on the physical version.  Part of the greatness of that compilation is that all the songs were mixed and weren't the same mixes that were already available at the time.