COADF on Spotify

Luiz Ribeiro

50 minutes ago, Luiz Ribeiro said:

Does anyone know the real reason for choosing the Unmixed version to be uploaded on the platform, since the commercial version was Non-Stop?

CDs are bound to be listened to in order whereas tracks on Spotify are to be playlisted.

I can't remember what  you got when you bought the album on digital like iTunes originally, if you could chose between mixed and unmixed. But I'm sure there has never been a commercial CD of the unmixed version.

Question that remains unanswered is: which one of these 2 cuts is supposed to be the prime version?

47 minutes ago, Luiz Ribeiro said:

Does anyone know the real reason for choosing the Unmixed version to be uploaded on the platform, since the commercial version was Non-Stop?

There's still a more annoying thing in Spotify:
Holiday in the first album is the Immaculate Collection version :angryaf: (the original version can be heard on Celebration, at least!)

BTW, where's Gambler?????

And please, somebody leaks Warning Signs now... :Madonna023:

It’s because when the album was released on iTunes, the standard 12-track album was the unmixed. The mixed album (which is the true standard original album) was available as 1 long song on iTunes.

When streaming became a thing, the Spotify library mimicked the iTunes library. Her team never bothered to correct it. Im not even sure if the mixed 1-song album was ever available on Spotify.

33 minutes ago, deathproof said:

It’s because when the album was released on iTunes, the standard 12-track album was the unmixed. The mixed album (which is the true standard original album) was available as 1 long song on iTunes.

When streaming became a thing, the Spotify library mimicked the iTunes library. Her team never bothered to correct it. Im not even sure if the mixed 1-song album was ever available on Spotify.

It was, the release @PlayPausementioned.

Actually, both editions were available originally digitally:

- Mixed: as a long, 1 track version. Originally on iTunes & Spotify. Now gone.

- Unmixed: the 12-track album. On every digital service too. Now the only edition.

When streaming became the norm, around 2015 or 2016, the mixed version was taken out of Spotify, iTunes, Apple Music, etc. Reason is streaming platforms pay per stream and if you listened to the mixed version once that counted as 1 stream, instead of 12 streams for the unmixed version.

2 minutes ago, Prayer said:

It was, the release @PlayPausementioned.

Actually, both editions were available originally digitally:

- Mixed: as a long, 1 track version. Originally on iTunes & Spotify. Now gone.

- Unmixed: the 12-track album. On every digital service too. Now the only edition.

When streaming became the norm, around 2015 or 2016, the mixed version was taken out of Spotify, iTunes, Apple Music, etc. Reason is streaming platforms pay per stream and if you listened to the mixed version once that counted as 1 stream, instead of 12 streams for the unmixed version.

Yup...and if memory serves me right it was under the Singles section

1 hour ago, deathproof said:

The vinyl version is the unmixed version, so It can be considered also the true standard original album. 

1 minute ago, Roy said:

It was indeed up for streaming but now gone. :(

I was hoping that they would bring it back but not as one track but as separate tracks like how the CD version presents it and just let one track flow onto each other. 

I don't understand this. "You Can Dance" is a mixed album and it's available like the CD, separated by tracks. And if you play the full album you don't notice the transition between tracks (except for Physical Attraction because they replace the mixed version with the album version, at least in TIDAL).

4 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

I don't understand this. "You Can Dance" is a mixed album and it's available like the CD, separated by tracks. And if you play the full album you don't notice the transition between tracks (except for Physical Attraction because they replace the mixed version with the album version, at least in TIDAL).

Yeah so I was hoping they would do the same for COADF.

Also, Physical Attraction is in its original album version in You Can Dance on Spotify too so the beginning transition from Everybody is gone.

4 hours ago, Prayer said:

I think what @Aiwa08was saying is that the unmixed version (vinyl and digital) is the true original standard album before being mixed for the continuous mix CD version! Which it obviously is.

but what was being promoted at the time, and talked about in interviews, was the non-stop mixed version.

MADONNA IN THE MIX ON NEW DANCE ALBUM

September 26, 2005

By Michael Paoletta and Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.

https://www.madonna.com/news/title/madonna-in-the-mix-on-new-dance-album

Madonna has finalized the track list for her new album, "Confessions on a Dance Floor." Producer Stuart Price tells Billboard the 12 - track set, due Nov. 15 via Warner Bros., is continuously mixed and that closer "Like It or Not" was the perfect choice to conclude the album.