Let’s help #GODCONTROL get a Grammy nomination!!

milingo83

The Recording Academy announced a new category called 'Best Song For Social Change'.

This category will recognize songs that respond to “the social problems of our time and have the potential for positive global impact.” 

The nominees will be chosen by fans through a form until next October 14.

All songs released in the last 5 years in the award eligibility period can be nominated and the award will be given to the songwriters:

Link: https://songforsocialchange.grammy.com/

• milingo83 changed the title to Let’s help #GODCONTROL get a Grammy nomination!!

If it is a category that seeks to reward songs that talk about social problems that affect the world, I think that "I Rise" would be a better option because it is a song that serves as anthem of positivism and inspiration in the face of social struggles or conflicts around the world. Not like God Control that simply talks about the problem of mass shootings that occur in the United States, and that it is a problem that only affects one country and does not interest or affect the rest of the world except cause us some shock when we find out about a massacre on the news channels but then the next day we forget about it due to our daily busyness.

There are problems with greater importance and global impact such as wars, famine, the animal abuse, the invasion of world powers that, using their military power, invade other countries, inventing any excuse in order to take over their natural wealth, exterminating many civilians in the process, etc. And it is songs that speak of these world problems that the Grammy seeks to reward and I think that "I Rise" is the perfect candidate for it.