The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)

Shoful

12 minutes ago, kesiak said:

I used to feel this way too. And then I realised that drag as an art form comes in SO many different shapes and sizes. There are queens who do you usual dress up/lip-sync/catty routine but then there are those whose act is more like performance art, weird and offbeat and bizarre. There are comedy queens and there are art queens, there is pageant drag and then there are club kids, etc. It's not this one uniform thing just about gays dressing up as oversexed women :).

You are absolutely right. There are some incredibly talented and entertaining forms of drag and I have massive respect for those artists. Especially those that actually sing, do original music , cabaret etc. I think when it is rooted in the arts and theatre it can become a truly creative and original form of self expression.

Perhaps what it is that I feel disillusioned by is the gay male club scene. Those envinroments often are very generic and one dimensional. For years those places also underpaid the performers and so the quality was never there and yet we all had it regularly forced on us as cheap entertainment.

And perhaps what I feel is overrated is RPDR specifically. There is, quite honestly, this expectation if you are a gay man that you must live and breathe that show along with Real Housewives. And I just don’t.

I really enjoy the show Legendary. I realise that is not drag necessarily but I find the Vogueing and ballroom culture super cool.

Anyway, each to their own.

A lot of y’all are underestimating Bob. Incredibly funny queen and performer. Smart as fuck and political, as drag should be,  and I can absolutely see why Madonna chose Bob out of all the RPDR queens. We don’t know how Bob will be utilized and y’all are foaming at the mouth to bring her down. Acting like some AI hologram of Madonna will show up every once in a while and Bob will be lip syncing every song.

4 hours ago, missberic said:

Some of these comments are dripping with prejudice in between the lines tbh

100%. They need to just say they don’t want a black queen and would like Detox, Pearl or Violet instead. They wouldn’t take issue then.

Just because someone doesn’t care for a drag queen that happens to be black, doesn’t mean it’s because he’s black lol

I don’t mind Bob and he seems like a super nice guy on ‘We’re Here’, but people pay big $$ to see M, not Bob.

I don’t mind him doing the opening act, I just don’t want to see him scattered throughout the show.

1 hour ago, SecretProject said:

100%. They need to just say they don’t want a black queen and would like Detox, Pearl or Violet instead. They wouldn’t take issue then.

I have no idea what Bob looks like or who they are. And I have no idea who these others people you listed are. Next.

This is a leap.

I think the concern from fans is a change to the usual format. And there is some validity to that given her Pride performance with drag queens last summer. Was that a test-run of the tour? We don't know. We've never had someone announced as a "host" before. If so, some people might not like the change in formatting.

To jump to the conclusion that anyone who doesn't want Bob there is racist is a stretch.

By the way - I'm not a huge drag fan. But I think Bob is great. It'll be interesting to see how they are woven through the show.

19 minutes ago, djnathanashby said:

This is a leap.

I think the concern from fans is a change to the usual format. And there is some validity to that given her Pride performance with drag queens last summer. Was that a test-run of the tour? We don't know. We've never had someone announced as a "host" before. If so, some people might not like the change in formatting.

To jump to the conclusion that anyone who doesn't want Bob there is racist is a stretch.

By the way - I'm not a huge drag fan. But I think Bob is great. It'll be interesting to see how they are woven through the show.

Never labeled anyone a racist. At all. But Madonna fans are of a certain age and demographic and aren’t able to see past their own prejudice and biases. No one had an issue with any other artists she brought on the road but Bob is getting a lot of hate for no reason. 

Never labeled anyone a racist. At all. But Madonna fans are of a certain age and demographic and aren’t able to see past their own prejudice and biases. No one had an issue with any other artists she brought on the road but Bob is getting a lot of hate for no reason. 

Madonna has been bringing black and brown dancers on tour since Blonde Ambition. No one batted an eyelash at that.

Read my comment again - it's the "host" that is the new part babe. Not their skin color.

And again - I'm here for it. I think it could be really fresh. But I can also understand other people who have reservations for a new type of show format. Those reservations have nothing to do with race.

16 minutes ago, SecretProject said:

Never labeled anyone a racist. At all. But Madonna fans are of a certain age and demographic and aren’t able to see past their own prejudice and biases.

2110560369_ScreenShot2023-04-11at2_21_24PM.thumb.png.e518870f6f48dcc7127da2b2a442c225.png

This was your quote babe. Where you brought race into the discussion. And age as a matter of fact. You said some fans would prefer a white drag queen over a black drag queen. And claimed that the reason some fans would prefer that is because they're older. You called people "prejudice" with "biases."

That's on you.

Can we shake hands and just agree that a fraction of the fans just want Madonna and no one else? And move on from this discussion?

32 minutes ago, SecretProject said:

Lol HUH? :rip:

It's because fans are expecting this means a change in the format of the show, not because there's a guest. The Pride show had a drag queen talk in between every song, and a lot of fans anticipate that may ruin the flow of the show. And I'm in that party too. I want a typical Madonna show, just like the format of her shows 2012 and before. I hate when she has long monologues and does jokes, and I think this may further skew the show towards that format, which is very...un-Madonna to me.

1 hour ago, djnathanashby said:

2110560369_ScreenShot2023-04-11at2_21_24PM.thumb.png.e518870f6f48dcc7127da2b2a442c225.png

This was your quote babe. Where you brought race into the discussion. And age as a matter of fact. You said some fans would prefer a white drag queen over a black drag queen. And claimed that the reason some fans would prefer that is because they're older. You called people "prejudice" with "biases."

That's on you.

Checkmate! 😂

2 hours ago, djnathanashby said:

This is a leap.

But that is a "PRIDE" event, so you'd expect Drag Queens to be part of that.  Anyway, this conversation has become "triggering" for some as they are looking to label some racist or worst for sharing their disinterest in Drag Queens.  On the other hand, we have people jumping to conclusions that Bob  is taking over the show.  LOL!  As you stated "We don't know" how Bob is being utilized on this tour.  My assumptions is Bob would be the opening act.  But if he's playing even more of a part throughout the show, then I see it like the re-occurring clown like in The Girlie Show. Though, this idea that he's taking over the show or the full show is going to be drag queens galore seems a bit ridiculous. It's just interesting to see how some have melt downs after melt downs when they have no idea what is going on yet. 

39 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

Believe it or not not all of us are glued to that superficial nonsense that is Drag Race. Not sure why you find it so hard to believe?

Agree. I’ve never even watched that thing and most of my friends don’t care about it either. And they’re gay too. It’s just not entertaining or funny for every single gay out there. Not every gay likes the same things. Some gays aren’t even into Madonna or pop culture in general. It’s so stereotyped to think that we all enjoy the same stuff. The only universal thing all gays like is men. 

56 minutes ago, rga98 said:

Agree. I’ve never even watched that thing and most of my friends don’t care about it either. And they’re gay too. It’s just not entertaining or funny for every single gay out there. Not every gay likes the same things. Some gays aren’t even into Madonna or pop culture in general. It’s so stereotyped to think that we all enjoy the same stuff. The only universal thing all gays like is men. 

The irony of that is how as gay people we get put in boxes by straights, we don't expect it in the community but yet in my experience it happens more among gays.

What? You don't do anal? GURRRRL you are not gay.

As the guy he is talking to wipes his chin clean lol

John Cena Reaction GIF by WWE

4 hours ago, rga98 said:

Agree. I’ve never even watched that thing and most of my friends don’t care about it either. 

You’re missing out, it’s actually a lot of fun! I understand some people don’t like the oversimplification of drag that RPDR does, but if you’re looking for a genuinely fun show this is it! It’s like watching a soap opera, nothing too intelectual but fun nonetheless. 

(I am commenting on that you’ve never seen it. You might as well just like it. If you watch it and don’t like that’s perfectly fine too, it just seems weird to me saying “not all gays like the same thing” but you actually don’t know if you’ll like it because you’ve never watched it :))

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • meeshell featured this topic