The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)

Shoful

3 hours ago, stratus said:

Kevin Antunes was responsible for... what? I can't remember

I mean a few moments of greatness, he did well on S&S in some areas... but since then he's been diabolical. I mean what incredible musical direction it is to just play a slightly extended version of a song with 90% of the vocal being a track and 10% being an off key mixed live vocal. Any MD worth their salt would find a better way of making the singer sound good, and sing well. Stuart nailed his vocal direction on his three tours. NoTunes just accepted anything. An MD should be tough and encourage the best out of the performer.

I am still trying to buy a ticket for Milan 25/11 which is sold out at the moment.

Secondary ticketing is hard in Italy because Viagogo and Stubhub are now prohibited.

Do you think I will find a floor ticket outside the venue on that night?

One more question. I saw different VIP tickets on sale, but if I remember well they are not transferable, so I don't want to take risks... can anyone confirm this?

3 hours ago, scion said:

I mean a few moments of greatness, he did well on S&S in some areas... but since then he's been diabolical. I mean what incredible musical direction it is to just play a slightly extended version of a song with 90% of the vocal being a track and 10% being an off key mixed live vocal. Any MD worth their salt would find a better way of making the singer sound good, and sing well. Stuart nailed his vocal direction on his three tours. NoTunes just accepted anything. An MD should be tough and encourage the best out of the performer.

I agree with your statement. I also think that Madonna has not trained her voice regularly since the late 90's/early 2000s. She was in peak performance following Evita. Her voice hasn't been as strong since then for anything that I can think of off the top of my head really. Maybe this has been a factor why they chose the "live mixed vocals" more and more through the years.

10 minutes ago, DJ N A said:

I agree with your statement. I also think that Madonna has not trained her voice regularly since the late 90's/early 2000s. She was in peak performance following Evita. Her voice hasn't been as strong since then for anything that I can think of off the top of my head really. Maybe this has been a factor why they chose the "live mixed vocals" more and more through the years.

I’m pretty sure she trained a lot for Reinvention in 2004 (I mean we actually have footage of her visiting her vocal coach) and for Confessions in 2006. She likely continued to train her vocals beyond that, but her voice changed a good deal with maturity, and I think that is what made her rely more on canned vocals. When a woman’s voice deepens it isn’t as well suited to pop confection-style songs. Madonna’s voice was always naturally lower, and so I hope she embraces that register on the new tour. I can’t take any 1984 Into The Groove helium chorus vocals  in massive contrast to 2023 verses. Stuart knows this. I trust that he has made some amazing arrangements that suit her voice as it is today. 

49 minutes ago, Alibaba said:

I’m pretty sure she trained a lot for Reinvention in 2004 (I mean we actually have footage of her visiting her vocal coach) and for Confessions in 2006. She likely continued to train her vocals beyond that, but her voice changed a good deal with maturity, and I think that is what made her rely more on canned vocals. When a woman’s voice deepens it isn’t as well suited to pop confection-style songs. Madonna’s voice was always naturally lower, and so I hope she embraces that register on the new tour. I can’t take any 1984 Into The Groove helium chorus vocals  in massive contrast to 2023 verses. Stuart knows this. I trust that he has made some amazing arrangements that suit her voice as it is today. 

Stuart is hard at work, I am sure.

38 minutes ago, scion said:

The thing is there is no official confirmation he has been involved beyond the initial workshops.

I hope he is

I hope he is too, but like you said, he may have been there visiting or giving some advice early on.  Also, his magic may have worn off by now. 

Anyway, I have no doubt this tour is going to kick everyone's ass.  My hope she won't have any more health issues and she gets on stage on time.  She could be the hottest ticket this fall and into 2024. 

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • meeshell featured this topic