Rehearsals (spoilers alert)

truerebel

I have a feeling there won’t be any exciting interludes this time. I think we would know by now if she filmed anything.

Also, I have a strange feeling that the majority of performances and tour versions will be taken from previous tours. 😵💫

Maybe I’m completely wrong and pessimistic but I had a dream last night and that is exactly what happened. The lack of spoilers this time is quite unusual…

6 minutes ago, MPowered said:

I have a feeling there won’t be any exciting interludes this time. I think we would know by now if she filmed anything.

Also, I have a strange feeling that the majority of performances and tour versions will be taken from previous tours. 😵💫

Maybe I’m completely wrong and pessimistic but I had a dream last night and that is exactly what happened. The lack of spoilers this time is quite unusual…

No i't won't be previous versions. Madonna is not Michael Jackson :lol:

11 minutes ago, Sheridan1980 said:

Where can I hear open your heart? I'm not on Instagram 

Nowhere. The rehearsal picture showed part of the original choreography from the BAT performance. That’s where my fear about rehashed versions are partially coming from. 😅

In another short clip you could peak into her song folder and see You Must Love Me 😴.

17 minutes ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

I've said in the main thread it could be like Kylie's For You, for Me / KylieUSA2009 tour which drew inspiration from Kylie's earlier tours, borrowing song interpretations, screen visuals, and costumes

I just pray to god that this isn’t the case. It would be lazy and terrible. Literally S&S all over again where she rehashed the EXACT same performance from the previous tour for whatever reason.

1 hour ago, Honey Little said:

I hope she opens with We Are the Gods. 

She'll most likely open with Everybody or Music, I think. Maybe with some excerpts from Celebration.

In fact, the spoken parts from Celebration are an indirect reference of the spoken parts from Everybody. It would be a full circle moment.

2 minutes ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

What performance was that?

La Isla Bonita on S&S with the Kolpakov Trio was virtually identical to the performance at Live Earth in 2007 with Gogo Bordello. that's the only one I can think of at the moment?

Oh the performances on the hard candy promo tours were also in the S&S tour but that kinda made sense?

5 hours ago, MPowered said:

Nowhere. The rehearsal picture showed part of the original choreography from the BAT performance. That’s where my fear about rehashed versions are partially coming from. 😅

In another short clip you could peak into her song folder and see You Must Love Me 😴.

Really??? that’s a weird and non realistic interpretation of a picture of her in a chair 

7 minutes ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

If MPowered is referring to own M performances prior to S&ST, LIB and ROL come to my mind.

If they're referring to Kylie performances that were borrowed during S&ST, list is longer:

- Vogue (the most notorious one);

- ITG (Kylie did a very similar tribute to Haring's work with her Cowboy Style performance on 2002 Fever Tour);

- Heartbeat (copy and paste from another Kylie's Homecoming Tour performance, this time the Confide in Me one; let's not forget that M herself attended Homecoming Tour in London).

Sorry M purists, as Paws Down said back in 2012, Madonna and Kylie get their works interchangeable between one to another and that's nothing wrong with that.

Both have influenced and praised one to another throughout their careers. This is a very healthy way to face things. M was an essential part in Haring's life and art; then K did a tribute to him; then M did another tribute to him. As M herself did say, "I'm nothing without the work of the others." The Shi'ite stans at both sides fail to recognize they're much pot calling to each other while driving countless and useless comparisons about "who did it better?" or "who did it first at all?," plagiarism accusations and other tiring antics. I know it's easy to be caught in this trap; but, after realizing that, one gets this is just another form of misogyny and bigotry.

17 minutes ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

La Isla Bonita on S&S with the Kolpakov Trio was virtually identical to the performance at Live Earth in 2007 with Gogo Bordello. that's the only one I can think of at the moment?

Oh the performances on the hard candy promo tours were also in the S&S tour but that kinda made sense?

Many of her promo tour interpretations end up in the following tours don’t they? 

2 hours ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

1 hour ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

Ray of Light was an almost identical remake of the CT version.

S&S was pretty disappointing because the versions were either ACTUAL mashups of classics with instrumentals taken from other popular songs (ITG, Vogue, DAD, LAP, Music, DYU, Rain), rehashes of performances from the previous tour (La Isla, Ray of Light) or the exact same versions from the promo tour (Music, Candy Shop, 4 Minutes, Miles Away).

She could have easily done Open Your Heart or Who's That Girl instead of La Isla Bonita and that pointless Doli Doli shit. You Must Love Me was nice but You'll See and/or Take a Bow could have replaced it on the second leg. Hung Up was a necessity but that rendition was utter shit. Frozen or Nothing Really Matters should have replaced Ray of Light right from the start. Impressive Instant didn’t need to be axed.

Please stop bitching the S&S Tour. It was great. La isla bonita wasn't exactly the same than in Live Earth and Ray of light was different too. 

OK, Music, Candy Shop, 4 Minutes and Miles Away were very similar to the promo tour. But it was the same for the Confessions Tour and the album promo and nobody cared in 2006. 

8 hours ago, MPowered said:

The only backdrops she's filmed in 20 years is Bedtime Story (RIT) or the opening of the Rebel Heart Tour. Interludes don't need an original video to be exciting: Illuminati on the Rebel Heart Tour was breathtaking. Plus, with Bob the Drag Queen's inclusion I think we  might be in for a different format than we are used to.

1 hour ago, DJ N A said:

The only backdrops she's filmed in 20 years is Bedtime Story (RIT) or the opening of the Rebel Heart Tour. Interludes don't need an original video to be exciting: Illuminati on the Rebel Heart Tour was breathtaking. Plus, with Bob the Drag Queen's inclusion I think we  might be in for a different format than we are used to.

She filmed opening and backdrops for Confessions Tour (Get Together), Boxing and Beat Goes On political set (S&S), Justify My Love and Nobody Knows Me (MDNA) Opening montage and the axed "SEX Teacher" for Rebel Heart.

8 hours ago, MPowered said:

I just pray to god that this isn’t the case. It would be lazy and terrible. Literally S&S all over again where she rehashed the EXACT same performance from the previous tour for whatever reason.

What?  S&S was hardly a rehash and it was not "lazy".  It was amazing.  Madonna has never been "lazy" on tour.  

1 hour ago, subversivan said:

She filmed opening and backdrops for Confessions Tour (Get Together), Boxing and Beat Goes On political set (S&S), Justify My Love and Nobody Knows Me (MDNA) Opening montage and the axed "SEX Teacher" for Rebel Heart.

Yes. You're right. Though some of these were reused video and not filmed specifically for the tour.