Rehearsals (spoilers alert)

truerebel

3 minutes ago, DiegoLCL said:

I hope she does Medellín as it would GO OFF in the inevitable ethnic segment, I'm sorry Madame X haters.
 love I Don't Search but I'm not sure... maybe as an interlude or a excerpt on another song, on Vogue maybe.

If there is only room for one song from COADF, I’d be more than pissed to have ANYTHING from that terrible album waste space on the setlist.

21 minutes ago, DiegoLCL said:

I hope she does Medellín as it would GO OFF in the inevitable ethnic segment, I'm sorry Madame X haters.
 love I Don't Search but I'm not sure... maybe as an interlude or a excerpt on another song, on Vogue maybe.

As much as I love almost every song on Madame X, I think it might fit better Crave (original version) to the show :thinker: .

Edited by Alex the rebel heart (see edit history)

53 minutes ago, MPowered said:

He talked her into releasing it as a single. The question is: What was originally going to be a single instead?

This is fascinating to think about. I don’t consider any of the remaining songs on the album bar KIT to be single worthy. Or at least I don’t think any of them would have fared any better than OF.

1 minute ago, MikeyK said:

This is fascinating to think about. I don’t consider any of the remaining songs on the album bar KIT to be single worthy. Or at least I don’t think any of them would have fared any better than OF.

Oh Father is my favourite song on the album but it somehow didn’t do well as a single. I think Spanish Eyes would have done much better as a single.

I also love Till Death Do Us Part and think it would have been a better single than Cherish or Dear Jessie.

Overall, this is my (very biased) single run for LAP:

1. Like A Prayer

2. Express Yourself

3. Spanish Eyes

4. Oh Father (NA) / Till Death Do Us Part (WW)

5. Keep It Together

7 hours ago, Andreo said:

At this point this tour will be 70% made of deep cuts and fan faves :04:

Thank Heavens. There is no way I am going to travel to another continent to see a 2 hour concert mostly of over-performed hits like Holiday and Like a Prayer. She needs at least 40% deep cuts and fan favs. Even if they are all singles, there are plenty to chose from.

58 minutes ago, MPowered said:

If there is only room for one song from COADF, I’d be more than pissed to have ANYTHING from that terrible album waste space on the setlist.

Other than Hung Up I would love to get Sorry as well but I would trade Get Together and Jump for the likes of Medellín, Give It 2 Me, Bitch I'm Madonna... I think those would work better (and aren't they bigger on streaming, also?).

If anyone of you thinks she will do stuff like Oh Father or some weird shit, you should reconsider what you think counts as a massive commercial chart-topper. Nobody wants to hear a deep cut! Nor a ballad, for that matter…

100% she will perform Like a Virgin, Express Yourself, Vogue, Like a Prayer and Hung Up. These are inevitable. 

10 minutes ago, MCL_1993 said:

If anyone of you thinks she will do stuff like Oh Father or some weird shit, you should reconsider what you think counts as a massive commercial chart-topper. Nobody wants to hear a deep cut! Nor a ballad, for that matter…

100% she will perform Like a Virgin, Express Yourself, Vogue, Like a Prayer and Hung Up. These are inevitable. 

Youre gonna be let down. 

16 minutes ago, MCL_1993 said:

But... where it was stated that it was a "commercial chart-topper" only tour? It was said that she would celebrate her career. Of course we know she'll do LAP, LAV, La Isla, Holiday, Vogue, Express Yourself, Material Girl, Music, Ray of Light, Papa Don't Preach because she's been doing more or less those same songs on every tour since Re-Invention Tour.

I think it is more likely we get singles that were "flops" that she likes than hit singles we know she doesn't like as much.
This is the woman who shoved Candy Shop and Human Nature down our throats and made us like it. This is the woman who in 1985 sang a number #16 song, a b-side in the US and a new song at Live Aid when people were probably expecting Like a Virgin, Material Girl and Crazy for You. This is the woman who, more than once, did not sing singles from the album that the Tour was supposed to promote.

Just now, MCL_1993 said:

Umm, speak for your self instead of making sweeping generalisations.

Just now, DiegoLCL said:

But... where it was stated that it was a "commercial chart-topper" only tour? It was said that she would celebrate her career. Of course we know she'll do LAP, LAV, La Isla, Holiday, Vogue, Express Yourself, Material Girl, Music, Ray of Light, Papa Don't Preach because she's been doing more or less those same songs on every tour since Re-Invention Tour.

I think it is more likely we get singles that were "flops" that she likes than hit singles we know she doesn't like as much.
This is the woman who shoved Candy Shop and Human Nature down our throats and made us like it. This is the woman who in 1985 sang a number #16 song, a b-side in the US and a new song at Live Aid when people were probably expecting Like a Virgin, Material Girl and Crazy for You. This is the woman who, more than once, did not sing singles from the album that the Tour was supposed to promote.

You really need to post more.

Considering the Drowned Madonna hints, this is not gonna be a major hits show, but a singles career celebration and more a musical about her story than a conventional pop concert. I'm thinking a lot of this result is inspired by her long work on the biographical movie she's been woking on for almost two years. 

To be fair, for any other artist a Top 40 single is considered a hit. She's had 72 of those in the UK alone. 63 in UK's Top 10, 38 in US. And yes, admittedly there are certain songs that over time became iconic and have had bigger endurance than others but even if she sings, say,  Hanky Panky, that's still a Top 10 hit on both sides of the Atlantic, not a deep cut, however you choose to look at it. :)

41 minutes ago, DiegoLCL said:

The narrative is strong in this one!  LOL!   To answer your question... The trailer in announcing the tour, where Madonna agrees to go on tour, singing all her "greatest hits".  That was Amy's dare and she said she would do it.  So yeah, that's why most of us assume it's a tour that is going to feature her biggest hits.  Here's a reminder for those who have forgotten!

And yeah, she may have sang Holiday at Live Aid, but by that point that song became one of her signature hits.  It was a song that grew to be an iconic hit for her over the years. 

There is no way she's going to perform a lot of unknown songs or low charting singles.  She's singing the hits on this tour.  Will she throw in a few smaller hits or possibly lesser known songs, I won't doubt it, but over all we should be expecting majority of the setlist full of her iconic and signature hits.