Rehearsals (spoilers alert)

truerebel

3 hours ago, dankpepe said:

Based upon news / observations of the past few days we have the following rumors / observations:

• Everybody (album version - heard in an IG video)
  • Crazy for You (sounds reinvented - heard on Twitter)
  • Bitch I'm Madonna (on paper)
  • Like a Virgin / Billy Jean (on paper)
  • Don't Tell Me (album version - heard on IG)
  • Nothing Really Matters (lyrics posted / DM confirmed)
  • Vogue (Bob confirmed)
  • Holiday (Bob confirmed)
  • A few tracks that were never singles ("setlist filled with her singles - with only a few exceptions")
  • 3 "classic" singles that have "never been performed on tour" (NRM, Bad Girl, and Bedtime Story)
  • Hollywood, American Life, and Rescue Me are not on the setlist (according to PopJustice)
  • At least 1 track from Confessions (according to PopJustice)
  • Potentially a 30 track setlist (seen on IG)

Assumed tracks based upon DM's teasers:

• Live to Tell
  • Nothing Really Matters
  • Ray of Light
  • Bad Girl
  • Oh Father
  • Die Another Day
  • Don't Tell Me
  • Rain
  • Bedtime Story
  • Erotica
  • Everybody
  • Sorry
  • Open Your Heart
  • Crazy for You
  • Give Me All Your Luvin (Why??)
  • Like a Prayer
  • A non-single from Rebel Heart that has NEVER been performed before (only possibilities: Hold Tight, Inside Out, Wash All Over Me, Auto-Tune Baby, Best Night, Veni Vidi Vici, Messiah, Beautiful Scars, Borrowed Time, Addicted, Graffiti Heart)
  • An older song that deals with losing her mother (only possibilities: Promise to Try or Inside of Me)
  • At least 3 covers: 1 she performed a long time ago (only possibilities: Imagine, Fever, Everybody is a Star, Billie Jean / Like a Virgin, A Family Affair, Just My Imagination, I Feel Love), 1 is a 70s classic seeming to relate to her health scare (maybe Stayin' Alive or I Will Survive or Born to be Alive), and 1 cover from a current artist she's collaborated with (I'm thinking Unholy since Sam Smith covered Human Nature or it could be a track by Beyonce or the Weekend)
  • 1 mashup of an older Madonna song with a late 70s track

Personal opinion, I don't think the "covers" will be full songs much like how she's done I Feel Love, Billie Jean, Just My Imagination, etc. I think it'll probably be in the bridge of a song, but that's just a guess.

If the 70s cover rumor proves to be true, I'm leaning toward Born to be Alive since she was supposed to be a backup singer on this song and I can see how the lyrics tie into her rise to stardom in dance clubs around the very late 70s in NYC.

"A song that deals with the loss of her mother" can also be Mother And Father and Mer Girl. It wasn't mentioned that that song was never performed.

Give It 2 Me has also been confirmed apparently.

4 hours ago, dankpepe said:

Based upon news / observations of the past few days we have the following rumors / observations:

• Everybody (album version - heard in an IG video)
  • Crazy for You (sounds reinvented - heard on Twitter)
  • Bitch I'm Madonna (on paper)
  • Like a Virgin / Billy Jean (on paper)
  • Don't Tell Me (album version - heard on IG)
  • Nothing Really Matters (lyrics posted / DM confirmed)
  • Vogue (Bob confirmed)
  • Holiday (Bob confirmed)
  • A few tracks that were never singles ("setlist filled with her singles - with only a few exceptions")
  • 3 "classic" singles that have "never been performed on tour" (NRM, Bad Girl, and Bedtime Story)
  • Hollywood, American Life, and Rescue Me are not on the setlist (according to PopJustice)
  • At least 1 track from Confessions (according to PopJustice)
  • Potentially a 30 track setlist (seen on IG)

Assumed tracks based upon DM's teasers:

• Live to Tell
  • Nothing Really Matters
  • Ray of Light
  • Bad Girl
  • Oh Father
  • Die Another Day
  • Don't Tell Me
  • Rain
  • Bedtime Story
  • Erotica
  • Everybody
  • Sorry
  • Open Your Heart
  • Crazy for You
  • Give Me All Your Luvin (Why??)
  • Like a Prayer
  • A non-single from Rebel Heart that has NEVER been performed before (only possibilities: Hold Tight, Inside Out, Wash All Over Me, Auto-Tune Baby, Best Night, Veni Vidi Vici, Messiah, Beautiful Scars, Borrowed Time, Addicted, Graffiti Heart)
  • An older song that deals with losing her mother (only possibilities: Promise to Try or Inside of Me)
  • At least 3 covers: 1 she performed a long time ago (only possibilities: Imagine, Fever, Everybody is a Star, Billie Jean / Like a Virgin, A Family Affair, Just My Imagination, I Feel Love), 1 is a 70s classic seeming to relate to her health scare (maybe Stayin' Alive or I Will Survive or Born to be Alive), and 1 cover from a current artist she's collaborated with (I'm thinking Unholy since Sam Smith covered Human Nature or it could be a track by Beyonce or the Weekend)
  • 1 mashup of an older Madonna song with a late 70s track

Personal opinion, I don't think the "covers" will be full songs much like how she's done I Feel Love, Billie Jean, Just My Imagination, etc. I think it'll probably be in the bridge of a song, but that's just a guess.

If the 70s cover rumor proves to be true, I'm leaning toward Born to be Alive since she was supposed to be a backup singer on this song and I can see how the lyrics tie into her rise to stardom in dance clubs around the very late 70s in NYC.

I like this tracklist, but it's missing Into the Groove, Material Girl and Frozen those songs are very important in Madonna's history.

My dreamed ones are: Bad Girl, Bedtime Story, Rescue Me and Nothing Really Matters.

The Mother's Dead song I would love to hear Inside of Me.

The 70's cover I would love to hear Hung Up / Gimme Gimme Gimme (A Man After Midnight)

The Rebel Heart Song I wanna hear, Never Let You Go, Inside Out, Hold Tight.

1 hour ago, MPowered said:

"A song that deals with the loss of her mother" can also be Mother And Father and Mer Girl. It wasn't mentioned that that song was never performed.

Give It 2 Me has also been confirmed apparently.

Madonna have performed before Mother and Father in the American Life Promo Tour, and Mer Girl in The Drowned World Tour and Tear of a A Clown. I've always dreamed to hear Inside of Me from Bedtime Stories.

2 hours ago, iissaacc said:

Madonna have performed before Mother and Father in the American Life Promo Tour, and Mer Girl in The Drowned World Tour and Tear of a A Clown. I've always dreamed to hear Inside of Me from Bedtime Stories.

It was not mentioned that the song about her mother hasn’t been performed before, only the song from Rebel Heart. The other one is more likely a song that was already performed previously. So, Mer Girl or Mother And Father…

2 hours ago, Honey Little said:

Since there is nothing from American Life, I bet it’s the Peter remix of Mother and Father.

Die Another Day is on the setlist…

This tour is not to take literally as a hits tour. It's a celebration of her career, not a tour of number one hits (fortunately) but a collection of songs that make sense for her. 

Madonna will never propose something expected, she has too much need to surprise. In a way, her approach is more sincere than if she'd done a real "Greatest Hits Tour", and when you think about it, it's an approach that's very much like her. 

9 minutes ago, EgoRod said:

It will be strange that she does covers in her 'hits tour'

There's already a struggle to pack everything in, why she will do covers of other artist on her own celebratory tour.

She should have other guest coming to sing her songs with her.

I don’t think an artist like Madonna should EVER do covers on her tours. Her discography is versatile and successful enough to fill up a setlist. It’s ALWAYS a waste ofbyime and space if she does cover songs.

That said, I think all of these covers will be incorporated into other songs.

2 minutes ago, MPowered said:

I don’t think an artist like Madonna should EVER do covers on her tours. Her discography is versatile and successful enough to fill up a setlist. It’s ALWAYS a waste ofbyime and space if she does cover songs.

That said, I think all of these covers will be incorporated into other songs.

Yeah precisely, she can do the couple of lines intersections as she did before, ie Like a Virgin, Rain .. but not do a whole cover like Imagine or La Vie en Rose.

Hold Tight?  Eh… Wash Over Me would be a much better choice as it’s a much better song and really has a let’s look back at my life type of moment.  The lyrics also really fit well with her big health scare that scared us all.

”If this is the end…”  Could be a pretty emotional power house of a moment.

When has she ever performed Ghost Town on a set list?

Mother and Father was actually on the regular set list for The Reinvention Tour — was it not?  I know I saw it LIVE and it’s in the documentary, too.  Her father is shown watching he perform it at the concert and it’s a pretty nice and memorable moment.

Promise to Try would be a nice surprise though.  Truly.

To me — the cover song about love is most like that famous Edith Piaf song she sang to great effect on the Rebel Heart Tour.  That was a pretty darn amazing moment LIVE — if you were there.  It’s amazing on the blu-ray as well.

If she sings either Bad Girl or Bedtime Story I will be thrilled.  Both I would be over the moon.  That said… Nothing Really Matters is a very on point song for a concert about both her musical and life journey.  But the previous two easily trump it as far a the Markdonna wants list.

9 minutes ago, Sheridan1980 said:

This tour is not to take literally as a hits tour. It's a celebration of her career, not a tour of number one hits (fortunately) but a collection of songs that make sense for her. 

Madonna will never propose something expected, she has too much need to surprise. In a way, her approach is more sincere than if she'd done a real "Greatest Hits Tour", and when you think about it, it's an approach that's very much like her. 

True I'm expecting more a singles tour than hits tour.