Rehearsals (spoilers alert)

truerebel

56 minutes ago, MikeyK said:

WOW. So Promise To Try (or, lesser chance, Inside of Me). 🥺

I can’t think about the 70s classic or the other stuff at the moment rn.

I think it's actually an Evita song (1978) 

Probably Lament. Related to her health scare?

Performed on Reinvention Tour. 

"So what use could fifty, sixty, seventy be?
I saw the lights, and I was on my way"

The lyrics also very much fit with her as a child recalling her mothers death. 

"You can cry for a body in despair
Hang your head because she is no longer there
To shine, to dazzle, or betray
How she lived, how she shone
But how soon the lights were gone"

Oh for the love of god, can we just get confirmation on Hung Up Original vs. Hung Up On Tokischa and put this to rest? :rip:

"Lastly, she will include a more current tune from an artist she has collaborated with in the recent past." Like....just say it. She's including the one we don't want to hear :rip:

13 minutes ago, steady75 said:

I think it's actually an Evita song (1978) 

Probably Lament. Related to her health scare?

Performed on Reinvention Tour. 

"So what use could fifty, sixty, seventy be?
I saw the lights, and I was on my way"

The lyrics also very much fit with her as a child recalling her mothers death. 

"You can cry for a body in despair
Hang your head because she is no longer there
To shine, to dazzle, or betray
How she lived, how she shone
But how soon the lights were gone"

This is what first came to me but absolutely no-one would describe Lament as a '70s classic'.

2 minutes ago, eXtremeOccident said:

Oh for the love of god, can we just get confirmation on Hung Up Original vs. Hung Up On Tokischa and put this to rest? :rip:

"Lastly, she will include a more current tune from an artist she has collaborated with in the recent past." Like....just say it. She's including the one we don't want to hear :rip:

But it's saying she's covering a song by an artist she's collaborated with, not that she's doing a song she did with them.

1 minute ago, Shoful said:

Why are we playing all these games for a damn tour setlist. Someone just post it for the love of god :Madonna009:

"Fans should be excited! A big single from the 80s may be making an appearance!"

"Furthermore, she'll be doing this classic song about LOVE, performed on one of her past tours!"

"Finally, fans should be excited for the production...it's going to make us all in a different kind of way!"

Just now, eXtremeOccident said:

"Fans should be excited! A big single from the 80s may be making an appearance!"

"Furthermore, she'll be doing this classic song about LOVE, performed on one of her past tours!"

"Finally, fans should be excited for the production...it's going to make us all in a different kind of way!"

:Madonna009: Seriously are we all not adults. Things being teased like a childrens game. Is it that deep for a tour setlist? Someone who lives there needs to get their ass to the arena and start some detective work 

So how many covers will be featured? Is it 4? I can’t tell from the paragraph of some statements are about multiple songs or aimed at just 1.

She's even going to bring back a classic that she performed many moons ago.

COVER #1

This could be Imagine. Could be Billie Jean. Or Can’t Help Myself.

Shes also done a lot of surprise one offs through the years.

We're pretty sure that when you hear one of these cover songs, you'll think it's in response to Madonna's health scare that put her in the ICU and caused her to delay the start of her tour. But nope, that's not the case. This 70s classic was already on the setlist before the sad event that shocked us all.

COVER #2

My mind immediately went to David Bowie. Maybe Life on Mars.

But I Will Survive also makes sense.

Madonna will also create a mashup by combining one of her older songs with another late 70s track.

COVER #3

Hung Up/Gimme Gimme Man After Midnight makes sense

Lastly, she will include a more current tune from an artist she has collaborated with in the recent past.

Recent past could be The Weeknd, Sam Smith, Tokisha, Saucy Santana, Fireboy DML, 070 Shake.

My bet: Sam Smith’s Unholy.