Rehearsals (spoilers alert)

truerebel

1 minute ago, McDonna said:

Or it just means in some fashion we will see the gown in a montage or a similar costume/outfit will be worn by her and/or dancers.  But of course, I understand this desperate narrative to think  Bob is going to take over the show, and sing her songs. :Madonna007:

If I want a montage of her VMA look, I can go to Youtube. If she's not going to wear it, I don't want to see a dancer wearing it, like who cares about if her dancers are wearing her iconic looks.

Just now, dankpepe said:

If I want a montage of her VMA look, I can go to Youtube. If she's not going to wear it, I don't want to see a dancer wearing it, like who cares about if her dancers are wearing her iconic looks.

I highly doubt anyone is wearing it.  I'm guessing it will be represented in some montage or she and her dancers might be wearing something that pays homage to that time. 

Sounds to me, you are building yourself up to be disappointed here.  :Madonna032:

3 hours ago, MPowered said:

I also don’t get this RIT = greatest hits tour thing.

7/11 songs from AL were included in the setlist (originally 9).

Madonna: 2 songs, one of them wasn’t a hit at all.

Like A Virgin: 1 song, along with ITG & CFY

True Blue: 1 song

Like A Prayer: 2 songs

I'm Breathless: 2 songs, one of them not being one of her typical hits.

Erotica: 1 song

Bedtime Stories: 1 song and not one of the two hits.

Ray Of Light: 1 song

Music: 2 songs

That's HARDLY a greatest hits tour.

Well, you left off TWO pretty huge 1980s hits.  CRAZY FOR YOU and INTO THE GROOVE. Also of the AMERICAN LIFE songs sung on tour — only five were full length.  

Nobody Knows Me. American Life. Die Another Day. Nothing Fails.  Mother and Father.

Meanwhile…. Vogue, Frozen, Express Yourself, Burning Up, Material Girl, Hanky Panky, Deeper and Deeper, Don’t Tell Me, Like A Prayer, Into The Groove, Papa Don’t Preach, Crazy For You, Music, Holiday…. These were all singles.  All Hits.  14 of em.  She has NOT sung that many non-present album track ever again. (Until now.)  And honestly, I don’t think she ever had before either. 

Number 15 could be Evita’s  “Lament” as she had never sung a song from the hit movie on tour either. So another pretty big deal.

Any way you look at it — 3/4 of the show was classic Madonna hits.  Many of them — HUGE hits. More — most were songs that she hadn’t sang in well over a decade.

Heck even the two of the three interludes were from previous years. The Beast Within (Justify My Love Remix) and Bedtime Story (title track)

1 hour ago, Voguerista said:

Is this one of the costumes Stuart was talking about? 💝

https://x.com/adamleigh25/status/1712618068466184222?s=46&t=dgXkJWncgr8QM32-XQw0PQ

I opened this twitter link and I am currently at the subway … you can’t imagine the lady’s face next to me 😂😂😂😂

28 minutes ago, Markdonna said:

Well, you left off TWO pretty huge 1980s hits.  CRAZY FOR YOU and INTO THE GROOVE. Also of the AMERICAN LIFE songs sung on tour — only five were full length.  

Nobody Knows Me. American Life. Die Another Day. Nothing Fails.  Mother and Father.

Meanwhile…. Vogue, Frozen, Express Yourself, Burning Up, Material Girl, Hanky Panky, Deeper and Deeper, Don’t Tell Me, Like A Prayer, Into The Groove, Papa Don’t Preach, Crazy For You, Music, Holiday…. These were all singles.  All Hits.  14 of em.  She has NOT sung that many non-present album track ever again. (Until now.)  And honestly, I don’t think she ever had before either. 

Number 15 could be Evita’s  “Lament” as she had never sung a song from the hit movie on tour either. So another pretty big deal.

Any way you look at it — 3/4 of the show was classic Madonna hits.  Many of them — HUGE hits. More — most were songs that she hadn’t sang in well over a decade.

Heck even the two of the three interludes were from previous years. The Beast Within (Justify My Love Remix) and Bedtime Story (title track)

You're right. RiT was already a GH Tour 

6 hours ago, MPowered said:

That would be a very welcome surprise imo. I fucking HATE the dance mix from TIC and when she did that one on MDNA, it was SO underwhelming and flat.

She had that fucking Kalakan band on that tour with her and it never crossed her mind to use them for a great, drum-heavy and anthemic version of Like A Prayer? I can't believe it. Instead, she considered using them for FUCKING CANDY SHOP. 😩😡

Oh my god! i never liked the Like a Prayer remix.. Nothing to do withe the original album version of Patriick Leonard. It's my dream to hear like a prayer album version with the 7" remix edit.

15 hours ago, MPowered said:

@Redha DBL be like:

I Don't Trust I Fight

We live between lies and truth
Waiting for the setlist
And in the end
We accept it
We shake hands with our fate
And we walk past
There's no rest for gays in this world
Finally enough classics

Lollll but really @MPowered you've misunderstood my point, i have absolutely no problem about the setlist. My point was just that i had doubts about the reliability about some supposed insiders when everyone was taking their info for granted. The setlist is 95% fine for me. Just a little niptuck that i'd do here and there like everyone (Hello Who's that girl lol) but all in all i'm really happy about the setlist of this new tour. I'm not even attenting the show (well for the moment but that could change). Personnally it's shapping up to be my fav tour since DWT ! 

8 hours ago, Shoful said:

Honestly this forum should be studied. The levels and intricacies of the meltdowns we go through on a consistent basis… :Madonna006:

One meltdown usually leads to several spirals throughout the course of days and it ends up not being about the original meltdown 

We're fabulous Series Three Queens GIF by BBC Three

For the moment, for me, the music sounds absolutely amazing. Finally we will hear the classics close to their original versions, which is a dream for me. As for the looks, i don't think what we see in the clips are the real costumes and hairdo. I don't believe she will wear simple black outfits and usual long curly hair like the last 18 years. This would look very uninspired and boring in a show of that scale celebrating her 40 years career. I think real dress rehearsals will take place today and tomorrow. 

28 minutes ago, MPowered said:

Or maybe you need to get your eyes checked.

Or maybe I missed them as you used initials (which give me an headache) and stuck them behind an album they never even vaguely appeared on.  

At any rate, 15 old songs versus 5.  Maybe you should learn to come up with better theories. 

7 hours ago, McDonna said:

Again, I never made such claims about him. You'll have to find another member who is fixated on Pittman's personal ideology and/or beliefs.  I don't care what he thinks.  I can separate his personal beliefs from his great talent as a guitarist with Madonna.

Sorry, I read you didn't care, but I was hoping you knew something 😂.

I'm a big fan of Pittman; I've been following him on social media for a while, and I know his music (having been a bit of a metalhead myself). I'm curious to dive into this matter.

Like, sure, he might have some controversial views, but I can't help but admire his guitar skills, and I think he should keep collaborating with M.

Let's not forget he even co-wrote "EASY RIDE" with her ♥️

A great artist remains a great artist, even if they go a little crazy, become a bit edgy, or get mixed up in some sketchy stuff. Caravaggio was a murderer, but we all appreciate his art, right?

I still believe he's stayed friends with Madonna, and that Madonna hasn't pushed him away. She wouldn't do that, she also spoke against cancel culture.

Anyway, it's a bummer not seeing him on the Celebration Tour.

1 minute ago, Pretender1978 said:

As there is no full band present, do we think Stuart will join her on tour or did he just create all the backing tracks? I don't know why but not having a band, I feel she will be lonely :lol: though there are still 100s of crewmembers left to chat with of course

During the tour Stuart will be in his home studio working on tracks for the new Madonna album. 

23 minutes ago, Markdonna said:

Or maybe I missed them as you used initials (which give me an headache) and stuck them behind an album they never even vaguely appeared on.  

At any rate, 15 old songs versus 5.  Maybe you should learn to come up with better theories. 

Is it my fault that you cannot deal with acronyms? No.

Also, your math kinda doesn’t add up. Her interludes and "medleys" are also part of the show and while she may not perform interludes herself, they should be counted towards the number of performances.

American Life

Hollywood

Nobody Knows Me

Nothing Fails

Mother And Father / Intervention

Die Another Day

I'm So Stupid (rehearsed but dropped)

Love Profusion (rehearsed but dropped)

The album is rather short and she performed more than 50% of it regardless and she was gonna perform 2 more songs than she did in the end. Even with the alleged GH label of the tour and all. RIT was simply done the way it was because she didn’t have a lot of catching up to do in terms of new material.

However, the Drowned World Tour and the Girlie Show were very thin in terms of classics, so she decided to fill up the many available spots (due to the few songs AL had in the first place). Her choices of old songs, however, aren’t her "greatest hits". If you want, I can show you what a greatest hits tour in 2004 would have looked like.