So, what are we doing here to manage tour spoilers?

Starchild

5 hours ago, Starchild said:

Some of us want a good, old-fashioned surprise.

Just a friendly advice, if you really wanna experience it old fashioned, do it totally old fashioned and stay off Madonna forums until you attend the show. Back in the days we didn't have internet and that's why we were spoilers free. Nowadays you cannot visit forums daily and expect to be spoilers free, that is just not realistic. You can manage to avoid some info but not be 100% spoilers free. Oh and also unsuscribe all the social medias Madonna related too. By the way, i really support those who wanna live the experience the old fashion way, the result will be even better 👌

4 hours ago, Roland Barthes said:

Stay off the internet until the tour ends.

I second this but maybe just until you get to see her concert. Even if you stop looking at forums, google now caters to feeding you articles that you've frequently read. I'm sure Madonna will be headlining once the tour starts.

Well, you don't have to be that extreme regarding the forum. It's not as if the topics related to the tour directly popped up on your screen, innit? I mean, you have to purposely click on 1) the section of the forum devoted to the tours and 2) the topic where spoilers are being made. That's what I've been avoiding so far and I feel Like a Virgin. Of course, I've unfollowed her on IG.

I mean if Madonna posts spoilers on her socials then they should be posted in her Socials thread. There's a "Celebration Tour" Section... I don't see why spoilers should live outside that section. I expect that entire section will turn into nothing but spoilers. Anyone wishing to remain spoiler free until their show should avoid that section. 

Should there be a separate section for The Celebration Tour in Audio?

I’m not a TS fan and I’ve seen all her concert by now. I’m seeing Beyoncé in September for the first time ever and not being a fan either I already know a lot of what’s happening in the show. 
What I’ve done in the past with M is know everything that’s happening but not seeing any video, now with TikToks it will be almost impossible 🤷🏻‍♂️

Yeah, it's unrealistic to think by visiting any Madonna community, and you'll remain spoiler free.  If you prefer 100% spoiler free, you might want to disconnect from all Madonna connections you make because as diligent as many are in keeping the tour in it's proper place, there is going to be always the chance someone will innocently share something you might not want to know.  Expecting fans to adhere your every whim, is unrealistic and not fair to the fans who do want to discuss what is unfolding before our eyes.  At the end of the day, it's best to avoid all Madonna connections on the internet until you see the show.  Otherwise, expect even Madonna to post things on her socials that could spoil things for you.  I respect those who want to be spoiler free, but I draw the line when some get irate and embarrassingly dramatic about it.  Visiting anything Madonna these days, will only increase your chance of being spoiled. I personally feel most everyone is being quite respectful in not sharing info outside specific forums available for the tour. :luv:

We really do live in a world of excessive instant-gratification...

Have any of you tried this since the advent of social media?

I have and it's so amazing to be in the audience of a 90% or more unspoiled live concert.

I hear what most of you are saying about the reality that is social media and the internet, though.

Twitter will be easy as I only follow one M account and can mute them and keywords otherwise.

TikTok will be tough especially if something pops up that is meme-worthy.

And I don't use Instagram.

17 hours ago, RUADJAI said:

I mean if Madonna posts spoilers on her socials then they should be posted in her Socials thread. There's a "Celebration Tour" Section... I don't see why spoilers should live outside that section. I expect that entire section will turn into nothing but spoilers. Anyone wishing to remain spoiler free until their show should avoid that section. 

Should there be a separate section for The Celebration Tour in Audio?

Thanks for being open to the suggestion but something tells me people aren't willing to be that disciplined.