VULGAR

deathproof

20 hours ago, drivebitch said:

Music videos make money. Every click brings revenue. It also keeps you in the public eye. 

Yes this might be true. But it's pennies considering how much it cost to make the video. An average Youtube video pays out about $12 per 1,000 views. If the video gets a million views that's only like $30,000. For context: the music video for Die Another Day was $6 million. The video for Express Yourself was $5 million. On average her videos have cost around $1-2 million.

The cost vs profit/exposure doesn't make sense.

Just like terrestrial radio plays - the music video medium doesn't matter as much anymore.

I love music videos but the media landscape is changing and this just isn't how the average consumer is digesting music today.

2 hours ago, DJ N A said:

Yes this might be true. But it's pennies considering how much it cost to make the video. An average Youtube video pays out about $12 per 1,000 views. If the video gets a million views that's only like $30,000. For context: the music video for Die Another Day was $6 million. The video for Express Yourself was $5 million. On average her videos have cost around $1-2 million.

The cost vs profit/exposure doesn't make sense.

Just like terrestrial radio plays - the music video medium doesn't matter as much anymore.

I love music videos but the media landscape is changing and this just isn't how the average consumer is digesting music today.

This is why many do lyric, visual and audio videos at the most.  They cost next to nothing.  Just slap an image or a looped video with some lyrics and there they have it. I think a lot of record companies prefer this to see how popular a song might get before they may invest more in a video.  But it all depends on the artist and how sure they are about the success of a song, which is hard to gauge these days. 

12 hours ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

Living for Love premiered on Snapchat

Ghosttown premiered on an app called Meerkat that no one had ever heard of

For snapchat they had to release a video with instructions on how to view the LFL video because no one over 30 knew how to work it

Nike - Vogue (unreleased)

4 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

It will be her #57 number one. 

No, she hasn't 57 Number Ones.  But she has scored 57... now 58 Billboard hits on the Hot 100 since her debut with Holiday back in 1983.  Of those 58, 38 of them have been top 10s.  Popular is her latest addition to this chart accomplishment. 

18 minutes ago, tscott said:

No, she hasn't 57 Number Ones.  But she has scored 57... now 58 Billboard hits on the Hot 100 since her debut with Holiday back in 1983.  Of those 58, 38 of them have been top 10s.  Popular is her latest addition to this chart accomplishment. 

You misunderstood me. What I meant was that it wasn’t 50 number 1s on the Dance Club Charts, but 56. And this would have been her 57 number one, not 51.

9 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

You misunderstood me. What I meant was that it wasn’t 50 number 1s on the Dance Club Charts, but 56. And this would have been her 57 number one, not 51.

No, she's only had 50 Dance Club hits.  I figured you were confusing the 57 (now 58) Hot 100 Chart hits here. But as stated above, "Dance Club Charts" no longer exist.  Hot Dance/Electronic Chart is a totally different chart that has come in existence in 2013, which ranks the most popular dance and electronic songs according to audience impressions, digital downloads, streaming and club play.  While the Dance Club chart used to rank what is popular in the clubs only.

2 minutes ago, tscott said:

No, she's only had 50 Dance Club hits.  I figured you were confusing the 57 (now 58) Hot 100 Chart hits here. But as stated above, "Dance Club Charts" no longer exist.  Hot Dance/Electronic Chart is a totally different chart that has come in existence in 2013, which ranks the most popular dance and electronic songs according to audience impressions, digital downloads, streaming and club play.  While the Dance Club chart used to rank what is popular in the clubs only.

Nope. It was 56 because all the tracks of you can dance count as #1

9 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

Nope. It was 56 because all the tracks of you can dance count as #1

Sorry, you are incorrect.  YOU CAN DANCE only ranks as ONE individual chart entry.  She scored her 50th with IDSIF right before Covid in 2020 and since then, the chart no longer exists.  Can't get anymore official than Billboard and her own website.  This is what led up to the release of FINALLY ENOUGH LOVE 50 NUMBER ONES!

SOURCES:

https://www.madonna.com/news/title/madonna-achieves-50th-no-1-on-dance-club-songs-chart

https://www.billboard.com/pro/madonna-milestone-50th-no-1-dance-club-songs-chart/

4 minutes ago, tscott said:

Sorry, you are incorrect.  She scored her 50th with IDSIF right before Covid in 2020 and since then, the chart no longer exists.

https://www.madonna.com/news/title/madonna-achieves-50th-no-1-on-dance-club-songs-chart

https://www.billboard.com/pro/madonna-milestone-50th-no-1-dance-club-songs-chart/

it’s not so difficult to understand. Yes, 50 number ones, but ‘You Can Dance’ adds six more tracks, so 56. It’s pure mathematics.

Just now, Aiwa08 said:

Buff, it not so difficult to understand. Yes, 50 number ones, but "you can dance" adds six more tracks, so 56. 

I see what you are saying, but that's not how it's counted.  So in that case, Into The Groove/Angel then counts as two.  Unfortunately, that's not how it's been ranked.  It was the one entity "You Can Dance LP Cuts" that counted as ONE.

21 minutes ago, tscott said:

I see what you are saying, but that's not how it's counted.  So in that case, Into The Groove/Angel then counts as two.  Unfortunately, that's not how it's been ranked.  It was the one entity "You Can Dance LP Cuts" that counted as ONE.

Exactly, You Can Dance counts as ONE, but includes seven tracks and all of them were considered #1. So the list (excluding two repeating tracks) would be:

001 - Holiday (x2) / 002 - Lucky Star / 003 - Like A Virgin / 004 - Material Girl / 005 - Angel / 006 - Into The Groove (x2) / 007 - Open Your Heart / 008 - Causing A Commotion / 009 - Spotlight / 010 - Everybody / 011 - Physical Attraction / 012 - Over And Over / 013 - Where’s The Party / 014 - Like A Prayer / 015 - Express Yourself / 016 - Keep It Together / 017 - Vogue / 018 - Justify My Love / 019 - Erotica / 020 - Deeper And Deeper / 021 - Fever / 022 - Secret / 023 - Bedtime Story / 024 - Don’t Cry For Me Argentina / 025 - Frozen / 026 - Ray Of Light / 027 - Nothing Really Matters / 028 - Beautiful Stranger / 029 - American Pie / 030 - Music / 031 - Don’t Tell Me / 032 - What It Feels Like For A Girl / 033 - Impressive Instant / 034 - Die Another Day / 035 - American Life / 036 - Hollywood / 037 - Nothing Fails / 038 - Me Against The Music / 039 - Love Profusion / 040 - Hung Up / 041 - Sorry / 042 - Get Together / 043 - Jump / 044 - 4 Minutes / 045 - Give It 2 Me / 046 - Celebration / 047 - Give Me All Your Luvin’ / 048 - Girl Gone Wild / 049 - Turn Up The Radio / 050 - Living For Love / 051 - Ghosttown / 052 - Bitch I’m Madonna / 053 - Medellin / 054 - I Rise / 055 - Crave / 056 - I Don’t Search I Find

16 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

Exactly, You Can Dance counts as ONE, but includes seven tracks and all of them were considered #1. So the list (excluding two repeating tracks) would be:

001 - Holiday (x2) / 002 - Lucky Star / 003 - Like A Virgin / 004 - Material Girl / 005 - Angel / 006 - Into The Groove (x2)  / 007 - Open Your Heart / 008 - Causing A Commotion / 009 - Spotlight / 010 - Everybody / 011 - Physical Attraction / 012 - Over And Over / 013 - Where’s The Party / 014 - Like A Prayer / 015 - Express Yourself / 016 - Keep It Together / 017 - Vogue / 018 - Justify My Love / 019 - Erotica / 020 - Deeper And Deeper / 021 - Fever / 022 - Secret / 023 - Bedtime Story / 024 - Don’t Cry For Me Argentina / 025 - Frozen / 026 - Ray Of Light / 027 - Nothing Really Matters / 028 - Beautiful Stranger / 029 - American Pie / 030 - Music / 031 - Don’t Tell Me / 032 - What It Feels Like For A Girl / 033 - Impressive Instant / 034 - Die Another Day / 035 - American Life / 036 - Hollywood / 037 - Nothing Fails / 038 - Me Against The Music / 039 - Love Profusion / 040 - Hung Up / 041 - Sorry / 042 - Get Together / 043 - Jump / 044 - 4 Minutes / 045 - Give It 2 Me / 046 - Celebration / 047 - Give Me All Your Luvin’ / 048 - Girl Gone Wild / 049 - Turn Up The Radio / 050 - Living For Love / 051 - Ghosttown / 052 - Bitch I’m Madonna / 053 - Medellin / 054 - I Rise / 055 - Crave / 056 - I Don’t Search I Find

But that's where it becomes your narrative and not what is officially what is known.  The You Can Dance is counted as ONE (not seven) and I suspect it may be more to do with it being a one continuous mix.  It wasn't one specific song that was played a lot, but random cuts being played in the clubs. This is why it's specified as "LP CUTS" that got the #1 club hit.

And it's pretty safe to assume that "Into The Groove" was the club favorite regarding the Angel/Into The Groove club hit.  :)

6 minutes ago, tscott said:

But that's where it becomes your narrative and not what is officially what is known.  The You Can Dance is counted as ONE and I suspect it may be more to do with it being a one continuous mix.  It wasn't one specific song that was played a lot, but random cuts being played in the clubs. 

And it's pretty safe to assume that "Into The Groove" was the club favorite regarding the Angel/Into The Groove club hit.  :)

Officially, you have two ‘You Can Dance’ tracks on FEL:  Everybody and Physical Attraction (I don't include Into The Groove and Holiday because they were #1 before the "You Can Dance" release). So it's not only my narrative.

• RUADJAI unfeatured this topic