VULGAR

deathproof

39 minutes ago, Roland Barthes said:

Again, like clockwork, whenever Madonna releases something you have these fans of another pop diva coming here to rain on our parade.

Grown effing ass men. Speaking of embarrasment.

I guess making fanmade remixes of their fav's cheap catalogue is not enough for them to feel alive.

It's ok to come here and say "i don't like it", it's another thing to post about how much you hate it, over and over again, talking about other places, obviously wanting to create a negative mood and control the narrative.  I personally don't value the opinion of adult losers spending their time on multiple pop divas forums past their twenties, trying to create chaos there because they are insecure.

Your comment makes no sense - being insecure has nothing to do with one’s opinion in music or age and tour comment is actually quite ageist .  vulgar is a trash campy song with lyrics  written by a 10 year old - I mean how many more songs to overuse the word bitch ?!? and you either like it or not whether it’s a hit or not either …..

Popular & Vulgar are ...fine. I don't see the need for histrionics either way. I love the sentiment of both records and while both have their merits I find them both to be much like most of her output for the last 15 years. It doesn't quite hit the M spot but I still enjoy it enough to stick around for more. If the WKND wants my endorsement for a full Madonna album, (see entitled cig), he'll have to up his game. He did say this was a starter to be fair so in that sense the appetite is whet. 

Sams I'd probably need to see go off in a da club to confirm whether it has legs for me. I haven't actually played it more than the initial day it came out. They sit nicely along much of todays music...which is not really a compliment. Standing out by blending in has never been M's forte. It's nice to be getting new stuff though especially as these were thrown together last minute affairs. There does seem to be a bit of a craving and bubbling energy for real melodic big hook pop songs again after a few years of loops, beats, moods and vibes which is great. I'm positive the next album will be wall to wall hooks and eagworms, melodies and vocals. Max ...all bets are on you. 

9 minutes ago, steady75 said:

Popular & Vulgar are ...fine. I don't see the need for histrionics either way. I love the sentiment of both records and while both have their merits I find them both to be much like most of her output for the last 15 years. It doesn't quite hit the M spot but I still enjoy it enough to stick around for more. If the WKND wants my endorsement for a full Madonna album, (see entitled cig), he'll have to up his game. He did say this was a starter to be fair so in that sense the appetite is whet. 

Sams I'd probably need to see go off in a da club to confirm whether it has legs for me. I haven't actually played it more than the initial day it came out. They sit nicely along much of todays music...which is not really a compliment. Standing out by blending in has never been M's forte. It's nice to be getting new stuff though especially as these were thrown together last minute affairs. There does seem to be a bit of a craving and bubbling energy for real melodic big hook pop songs again after a few years of loops, beats, moods and vibes which is great. I'm positive the next album will be wall to wall hooks and eagworms, melodies and vocals. Max ...all bets are on you. 

Though I’m not a huge fan of either collabs I would love to hear some solo Madonna tracks produced by The Weeknd after hearing Popular. 

All main french radios stations refuse to play any new Madonna songs or even songs where she's a featured singer... This is beyond me... I've been checking the playlists of all main french radios this weekend and not a single one have played Vulgar or Popular.. not ONE ! There are dance oriented stations, urban ones... They play all the new Sam Smith tracks as well as TheWeeknd tracks but not the ones with Madonna... This should be said publicly and go viral, this is absolutely not okay.

1 hour ago, thegoldencalf said:

Though I’m not a huge fan of either collabs I would love to hear some solo Madonna tracks produced by The Weeknd after hearing Popular. 

Yeah. Whilst he's had a couple of noticeable hits (Three) He's doesn't have a string of evergreen recognisable pop songs despite the Jackson comparisons. To me the WKND is a yet another example of a modern star riding the MID wave, able to succeed in the absence of any titan level popstar to challenge him. I think the last we've seen of that type of star was probably the 00's. Sadly playlisting algorithms favour the mediocre and hitting as many bases as possible. Record companies aren't looking for anyone that really stands out too much. Dilution has absolutely become a contributor in success. I think it's why we see more established stars of the late iTunes generation of stars, (Gaga, Katy, Miley, Taylor,) who just got in the streaming door before the door closed on the stars of the physical era, (Madonna, Janet, Kylie) being able to cut through the bland with the more traditional popsongs. (Justin, Britney, XTina & Beyonce sit somewhere in the crossfire) 

I'd ask you all to consider how many pop songs in the last ten years could be played at a family wedding that would be recognised by your 10 yr old niece, your mom and dad and your gran that aren't some Ed or Adele Ballad. (included here)

1. Blinding Lights - The WKND
  2. Shape Of You - Ed
  3. Uptown Funk - Mark & Bruno
  4. Roar - Katy
  5. Blurred Lines - Robin Thicke
  6. Get Lucky - Daft Punk
  7. I Love It - Icon Pop
  8. Shake It Off - Taylor Swift
  9. Happy - Pharell
  10. Can't Stop The Feeling - Justin
  11. All About That Bass - Megan
  12. Chandlier - Sia
  13. Sorry - Justin Beiber
  14. Don't Start Now - Dua Lipa
  15. Bad Guy - Billie Eilish
  16. Watermelon  High - Harry Styles
  17. Hello - Adelle  (hardly wedding party material)
  18. Shallow - Lady Gaga  (hardly wedding party material)
  21. urm I think that's it

I don't even think Rihanna or Beyonce have anything that would really hit all bases since 2013. I think you'd need to go back to Love On Top and Diamonds for that kind of evergreen hit and I truly don't think Ari has a truly definitive universally identifiable song yet despite song bangers they too err on the mid. 

You could probably pick a single week of the 1980's  and possibly the 70's 90's & 00's top 40 and find 10+ evergreen classics it's insane. 

I think as a fanbase we probably have to consider whether we would prefer Madonna to mimic the stars of today with A) "mid" reaching playlist fodder (see Drake), B) Artistic niche endeavours or C) hark back to a time of big melodies, hooks and stuff that people wanna play. 

I think this possibly M's own internal dialogue most of the time too. Luckily when she was at her commercial zenith she was was able to mix the three.

41 minutes ago, Redha DBL said:

All main french radios stations refuse to play any new Madonna songs or even songs where she's a featured singer... This is beyond me... I've been checking the playlists of all main french radios this weekend and not a single one have played Vulgar or Popular.. not ONE ! There are dance oriented stations, urban ones... They play all the new Sam Smith tracks as well as TheWeeknd tracks but not the ones with Madonna... This should be said publicly and go viral, this is absolutely not okay.

I don’t understand it either. It seems like Madonna is banned from the radio no matter what song she makes, including collaborations.

But she's been getting radio airplay with "Popular", both in the US and the UK.

I love "Vulgar" but it's very aggressive for radio, even the clean version. They won't start playing it unless 1) Sam's label put money behind it so they have to and/or 2) it becomes a hit on its own and they have to.

6 minutes ago, Prayer said:

But she's been getting radio airplay with "Popular", both in the US and the UK.

I love "Vulgar" but it's very aggressive for radio, even the clean version. They won't start playing it unless 1) Sam's label put money behind it so they have to and/or 2) it becomes a hit on its own and they have to.

WAP was pretty aggressive too.  And it was a hit.  

2 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

What he’s complaining about is that there’s a handful of fans that are completely disconnected from what Madonna releases lately and you go in these threads and relentlessly complain about how awful these releases are. 
Like why keep coming back to these threads about a project you don’t like or support and constantly post negative shit? 
It doesn’t help anyone and doesn’t impact anything 

Exactly it's the same lot every time who literally piss on every release and spam the chat saying how they are tired of her, how the release is awful and they won't listen to it again. Yes we get you there isn't any need to constantly say.

I can't see how this could become a hit or even just being pass by many radios, it's clubby and cheeky in a daring way so ... of course the real chances were mostrly for Popular, wich is not a proper duet but a featuring.

Anyway, her real thing is still to come guys. Her single is the Max Martin track wich will be released in about a month and will get what it will. For an artist like M, the test of times (wich has been used as a hashtag or something a few weeks ago, maybe a song title?) was ans still is in two factors:

1. her tour tickets selling (and it went great)
  2. her ability to be impactful on stage at the age of 65, performing songs wich are even 40 years old, and still being able to make people feel their groove and feeling

4 minutes ago, stefo said:

I can't see how this could become a hit or even just being pass by many radios, it's clubby and cheeky in a daring way so ... of course the real chances were mostrly for Popular, wich is not a proper duet but a featuring.

Anyway her real ting is still to come guys, Her single is the Max Martin track wich will be released in about  a month

And the rumored Shakira, Bizzarap all Spanish song. 😳

2 minutes ago, Pedro Beltran said:

And the rumored Shakira, Bizzarap all Spanish song. 😳

Oh ... really? 

Never heard about it. Not a fan of the idea, except The Weekend and Christine (whose collab was not satisfying for me anyway) she seems to go picking all artsists I'm not interested about :Madonna021:

1 hour ago, stefo said:

Anyway, her real thing is still to come guys. Her single is the Max Martin track wich will be released in about a month and will get what it will. For an artist like M, the test of times (wich has been used as a hashtag or something a few weeks ago, maybe a song title?) was ans still is in two factors:

1. her tour tickets selling (and it went great)
  2. her ability to be impactful on stage at the age of 65, performing songs wich are even 40 years old, and still being able to make people feel their groove and feeling

We have no indication if that Max Martin track is coming.  Also, I don't believe radio will play it either.  It's one thing for radio to play a heavily induced The Weeknd track that she's featured on, but even radio is reluctant to play that.  I don't really believe Vulgar will get much or any radio airplay... at least enough to become a top 40 hit.  Possibly it will enter within the top 100 charts, based on its streams alone.

3 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

I don’t understand it either. It seems like Madonna is banned from the radio no matter what song she makes, including collaborations.

I think that with these obvious facts we can begin to express our own conspiracy theories and not be branded as exaggerated or dramatic for it. Who wants to start?

3 hours ago, MattyMads said:

Exactly it's the same lot every time who literally piss on every release and spam the chat saying how they are tired of her, how the release is awful and they won't listen to it again. Yes we get you there isn't any need to constantly say.

It's true. The forums can be used both to join the celebration of our favorite artist and to vent our frustrations when we don't like something.

Expressing our displeasure a couple of times is acceptable, but when it becomes so repetitive and precisely when we see that the opinion of the majority is totally opposite to ours, it is practically like going against the current and it becomes impertinent and certainly suspicious.

9 minutes ago, chaosmen1984mk said:

I think that with these obvious facts we can begin to express our own conspiracy theories and not be branded as exaggerated or dramatic for it. Who wants to start?

It's just a fact. Nothing more. I don't have any problem with that. I play her songs whenever and wherever I want. I do exactly the same with my favorite TV shows because they are not aired anymore. Society is too politically correct nowadays.

• RUADJAI unfeatured this topic