Forbidden Love 95 Unreleased Official Video

roberMDNA

45 minutes ago, ScottyX said:

exactly. we think we know everything Madonna has in her possession, how vulgar.

So true, but I still think we would have known especially by now if there was such a video that existed. Not only that, I'm sure, knowing Madonna the way we do, she wouldn't have been okay with making Forbidden Love a single. It's too close to TAB, and by this time, she was busy preparing for Evita, Something to Remember, filming I Want You and once she found out that song was being kept from being a released single, she quickly started filming You'll See. 

I heard about this rumor from a friend 15 years ago, he claims to have seen an excerpt on TV (which is impossible), he said the storyline was Madonna falling in love with a priest. Absolutely sure he made up the part about seeing it, but I can't imagine where he heard the rumour because at the time he was barely using the internet, I don't think he even had an e-mail address back then, let alone browsing Madonna forums.

I believe the idea was to release the song as a single from Something To Remember at some point that’s why it’s in the album, so Warner clearly didn’t pay for a video back then and not release it since they released One More Chance without a a video. So yes, the video doesn’t clearly exist. 

I think this is just an internet rumour. 

Bedtime Story (#42) and Human Nature (#46) didn't do that well on the Billboard Hot 100, so I doubt Warner would have wanted to continue wasting money on a project that had already reached its goal with Take A Bow. There was no Bedtime Stories tour either, so Madonna's attention was 100% on the recording of the new songs with David Foster before embarking on the ambitous Evita soundtrack.

3 minutes ago, madgefan said:

I think this is just an internet rumour. 

Bedtime Story (#42) and Human Nature (#46) didn't do that well on the Billboard Hot 100, so I doubt Warner would have wanted to continue wasting money on a project that had already reached its goal with Take A Bow. There was no Bedtime Stories tour either, so Madonna's attention was 100% on the recording of the new songs with David Foster before embarking on the ambitous Evita soundtrack.

It's "fan fiction".  No video has been made.  Just something some fans made up because there was interest in making Forbidden Love a single. Therefore, fans assume a video was made.  Just not true.  Two videos were made at this time... "I Want You" and "You'll See".  By the time "Love Don't Live Here Anymore" was released as a single from STR, she was in the middle of shooting Evita.  If the record company was interested in pursuing Forbidden Love to have a video, they would have insisted it during this time.

Just now, tscott said:

If the record company was interested in pursuing Forbidden Love to have a video, they would have insisted it during this time.

I agree. However, this didn't stop Warner from releasing whatever they could while Madonna was busy with Evita.

You'll See/Verás October 1995

Oh Father December 1995

One More Chance March 1996

Love Don't Live Here Anymore March 1996

4 minutes ago, madgefan said:

I agree. However, this didn't stop Warner from releasing whatever they could while Madonna was busy with Evita.

You'll See/Verás October 1995

Oh Father December 1995

One More Chance March 1996

Love Don't Live Here Anymore March 1996

But that didn't mean a video was going to be produced.  Warner will do what they can do to capitlaize on Madonna's popularity and name at the time, but it doesn't mean Madonna will always comply.  There is no doubt in my mind, Madonna has no intention in wanting "Forbidden Love" to be a single.  It would just be a repeat of "Take A Bow" for her.  She was willing to clean up her image some with Evita, but she wasn't going to repeat herself by doing so.  "You'll See" may have come close to that, but it was a brand new song.

Personally, i wouldn't affirm this exist and this doesn't. I believe there are many stuff, audios and videos, that do exist and that we have absolutely no clue about. Projects that have been discared, plans that have changed, etc... I'm quite certain some day we will got stuff and we'll be like " Holy fuck ! I had never imagined this has been recorded !" 

2 hours ago, Redha DBL said:

Personally, i wouldn't affirm this exist and this doesn't. I believe there are many stuff, audios and videos, that do exist and that we have absolutely no clue about. Projects that have been discared, plans that have changed, etc... I'm quite certain some day we will got stuff and we'll be like " Holy fuck ! I had never imagined this has been recorded !" 

But the simple fact is, it doesn't exist, so why give out false hope? 

2 hours ago, tscott said:

But the simple fact is, it doesn't exist, so why give out false hope? 

Unless you are Madonna or Guy Oseary yourself, you cannot affirm or state what Madonna has recorded or what she has not. We all have our opinions, simple as that. I'm not saying this video DO exist, i say it COULD exist, you get it ? i do not have the pretention to affirm anything that Madonna hasn't said herself, i don't know her personnally. Unless she publish the video or deny it from her mouth (or Guy Oseray at least) i will never be able to confirm it exists or it doesn't. Now you confirm it doesn't exist ? Good for you, but cool down with people who have a little bit less pretention. You label your opinion as "fact" (to quote you), this is not what i do.

See @Drownedboy 's comment above for example, he used the words "i don't think it happened". He's not saying "it doesn't exist that's a fact". The difference is there. That's not pretentious and that's clever in my opinion.

On 6/18/2023 at 9:46 AM, Pootz333 said:

I know she didn't like to repeat herself, but it's surprising they didn't follow up TAB with FL or one of the more soft r&b tracks considering how huge TAB was in the US.

I love the BS era. Should have been a full visual album and tour.

Me too, that album is my fave M album.

I don't know, maybe there was an agreement with Babybface that both his songs would be singles and the inclusion on the compilation was to compensate it not being, or the inclusion of it was just because of the current sound.

I don't buy the idea that it was going to be a single from the compilation, it makes much more sense that any plans of it being a single was aborted because warner/Madonna wantend to move on and release a new project.

I don't think that the three non-singles on ST were necessarily included because they were potential singles, other than Something to Remember giving its title, LDLHA made more sense as a single being a new remix (and then remixed again for the single/video).

1 hour ago, diegolcl said:

I don't know, maybe there was an agreement with Babybface that both his songs would be singles and the inclusion on the compilation was to compensate it not being, or the inclusion of it was just because of the current sound.

I don't buy the idea that it was going to be a single from the compilation, it makes much more sense that any plans of it being a single was aborted because warner/Madonna wantend to move on and release a new project.

I don't think that the three non-singles on ST were necessarily included because they were potential singles, other than Something to Remember giving its title, LDLHA made more sense as a single being a new remix (and then remixed again for the single/video).

Yeah, any single talk for Forbidden Love was during BS album's initial release.  Nothing came of it.  No video was made.  As you stated, they were moving on to STR collection by the fall of '95.  It was an attempt to soften her image up due to her taking on the Evita role. "I Want You" was supposed to be the first single, but legal issues with the Marvin Gay's estate and record label prevented that from happening.  Therefore, they quickly focused attention "You'll See". 

I also understand why they chose LDLHA.  It was an attempt to capitalize on her ballad voice from the earlier days.  They knew they probably were milking the genre a bit much, so they chose the older song over something newer.  The video was quite stylistic yet simple.  I don't think anything else from that album would have performed any better. 

I would have loved to see how well "I Want You" would have performed it was allowed to be a single.  I'm not sure it would have been a huge hit, but most likely a top 40.

The fact that at the time there was no information in this regard about a possible video for Forbidden love does not mean that it does not exist. Haven't we fans been surprised with innumerable demos or alternative versions of songs that we had no idea existed? Something tells me that the video does exist and it is due to these reasons: its inclusion on the Something to Remember compilation and using the same name for one of her songs on the album Confessions on the DanceFloor. We just have to wait patiently because sooner or later this kind of thing ends up coming to light.