How to present Madonna to a friend?

artofdarkness

24 minutes ago, RUADJAI said:

These people are literally afraid of fan bases sending them death threats, so they just try and keep everything positive and try and make sure to notice all the things they are "supposed to notice". 

Check out Sissley’s reactions to the albums Erotica and BStories. She was not impressed. And to her followers’ dismay MDNA was one of her faves? So, no.

If you really wanna turn them out, make a playlist of all your favorite performances from various tours. Madame X can take the night off unless the friend is Shoful. 

If you want them to completely lose it, include Award/TV show moments. Vogue (VMA's), Bedtime Story (Brits) Hung Up (EMA's), The Britney Kiss etc.

big ang GIF by RealityTVGIFs

Confessions is likely your best bet of the two. I’d also suggest a run through of Confessions on a Dance Floor. It’s a great intro album and of course Confessions is supported heavily by it. Or let them be surprised. 

Madame X is awesome in artsy way but it’s heavily heavily supported by Madame X the album and unless you’re going to expose them ahead of time to such a dark and world sounding album, I wouldn’t do it. Not yet. 

My best bet is always to lock onto the songs they like or know. Most love Hung Up and that disco vibe is throughout the show. They may get lost more or less during the arabesque section but that’s a great window into the political artsy style section that comes into play with Madame X later on.

9 hours ago, Confessions Lightside said:

Where are the Sticky & Sweet Tour and Rebel Heart Tour?   D:

Iconic's melody sounds like it was written by Esther and Stella... Immediately kills the momentum created by the intro video. The editing is horrible. 

and Human Nature on Sticky and Sweet with the vocal echo off key, is one of the worst performances she's released ever. Especially dressed like that. Not to mention her screaming, Heartbeat, her idea that double dutch is way more impressive than it actually is. Before your very eeeeeeyeeeeeees. :worship:

16 minutes ago, RUADJAI said:

Iconic's melody sounds like it was written by Esther and Stella... Immediately kills the momentum created by the intro video. The editing is horrible. 

and Human Nature on Sticky and Sweet with the vocal echo off key, is one of the worst performances she's released ever. Especially dressed like that. Not to mention her screaming, Heartbeat, her idea that double dutch is way more impressive than it actually is. Before your very eeeeeeyeeeeeees. :worship:

The way they didnt even sync her mouth to the fresh vocals. There's a moment in Vogue she looks facially like she's birthing a cactus but sounds all sweet. What s weird release.

2 hours ago, scion said:

The way they didnt even sync her mouth to the fresh vocals. There's a moment in Vogue she looks facially like she's birthing a cactus but sounds all sweet. What s weird release.

Much of the release for Rebel Heart Tour reminds me of this where the vocals and her mouth aren't synced up either.  I think after Confesssions she just really went wild with the effects, and there were a lot of effect on Confessions, but for me it seem to be the right amount and not overdone.

go for what most people respond to - the 80's and 90's classics... no fan favorites, no album tracks, just the biggest hits... take into consideration that most people will not understand the significance of her 90's tours because they got used to the new technology and new achievements in set design, this is the next step for someone who already appreciates Madonna. DON'T think like a fan.

I'm going through something similar because I'm taking my bf to see his first Madonna show, and he doesn't know almost anything about her. No matter how many times I explain the significance and the innovation in her work, people are just used to what came after her that they just don't get it that easily.

Leave her work post 1992 out of it for now. Whether the fans wont to admit it or not, most of M's well-known hits came in the 80's and early 90's. Immaculate Collection is what it is for a reason.

1 minute ago, tscott said:

Much of the release for Rebel Heart Tour reminds me of this where the vocals and her mouth aren't synced up either.  I think after Confesssions she just really went wild with the effects, and there were a lot of effect on Confessions, but for me it seem to be the right amount and not overdone.

Let's be honest her concert releases have all been car crashes from 2008 onwards. It's a shame because the actual quality of the S&S sound mix is outstanding, it's a more powerful mix than Confessions in terms of levelling/master, but the creative elements of it are diabolical whereas Confessions is a masterpiece.

4 minutes ago, scion said:

Let's be honest her concert releases have all been car crashes from 2008 onwards. It's a shame because the actual quality of the S&S sound mix is outstanding, it's a more powerful mix than Confessions in terms of levelling/master, but the creative elements of it are diabolical whereas Confessions is a masterpiece.

I wasn't too bothered with S&S. But I really take issue with the way they edited MDNA tour.  Sound especially. 

3 hours ago, RUADJAI said:

Bish when have you double dutched last? That shit is hard lol