List 10 Madonna Songs you consider her WORST?

Donna

Her Worst Songs?  

63 members voted

1. 1. Her Worst Songs??

• BLASPHEMY!!!! How can a fan hate any of her songs?
    • Hey I love Madonna, but even she can produce some stinkers!

Well, as far as her 80s, 90s and 00s I don't think there's a song that I actively hate: I find tracks such as To Have And Not To Hold or Little Star flat and boring, but not "bad"... also, a Cry Baby or a Love Makes etc etc could be cheesy, but I prefer ignoring them.

My "hatred" is actually directed at her last three albums, in particular:

Love Spent;

Masterpiece;

Some Girls;

I Don't Give A;

I'm a Sinner;

Wash All Over Me (album version);

Holy Water;

Graffiti Heart;

Future;

Medellin.

But I actually dislike the majority of MDNA, Rebel Heart and Madame X; some good/fine tracks here and there, but frankly that's all... the 10s were a disaster.

12 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

I forgot about auto tune baby and hey you 😂😂 should have included those instead of Love tried to welcome me - although hey you does have a nice melody but that baby cry in auto tune I never want to hear again 🤢

Until this day, I cannot understand how anyone could have such a stupid idea to merge a voice of a baby with Auto-Tune, and then even decided, hell yeah, this is a great song for Madonna! 

Life is a total mystery sometimes... 

Vulgar

Future

Batuka

- Come Alive

S.E.X

Holy Water

Body Shop

Bday Song

Bitch I’m Madonna

Funana

Honourable Mentions:

Killers who are partying, Looking for Mercy, unapologetic bitch, Superstar, Give me all your lovin, Gang Bang, Spanish Lesson, incredible, heartbeat, I’m so stupid, did you do it, cry baby, Shoo be doo, Hey You, Material Gurl, auto tune baby

10 hours ago, Renato Iodice said:

Well, as far as her 80s, 90s and 00s I don't think there's a song that I actively hate: I find tracks such as To Have And Not To Hold or Little Star flat and boring, but not "bad"... also, a Cry Baby or a Love Makes etc etc could be cheesy, but I prefer ignoring them.

My "hatred" is actually directed at her last three albums, in particular:

Love Spent;

Masterpiece;

Some Girls;

I Don't Give A;

I'm a Sinner;

Wash All Over Me (album version);

Holy Water;

Graffiti Heart;

Future;

Medellin.

But I actually dislike the majority of MDNA, Rebel Heart and Madame X; some good/fine tracks here and there, but frankly that's all... the 10s were a disaster.

TBH Madonna's latest recordings were more sophisticated than traditional or most current pop music and very message oriented.  I love most of MDNA, Rebel Heart and Madame X.  There is a lot of sincerity and art in those neighborhoods.  I would take those three albums over an album like Like a Virgin any day.  Some songs should not have happened but there was so much music during each of the eras that a couple of songs really is not an issue.  

Autotune Baby

Funana

B-Day Song

I Fucked Up

Superstar

Bitch I'm Madonna

Back That Up (MX version, I have always been fond of the 2015 demo)

Love Song

Did You Do It

Forbidden Love 2005 (sorry, I know it's normally liked by fans but I can't stand this track and it bothers me it gets all the love while the 94 one falls into forgetness and I love it)

-

I have a theory that Madonna does know in fact when she records a bad song and then she makes it a point to release it as a way to irritate people, because it's hard to believe the same person who once produced and recorded gems such as Papa Don't Preach, LAP, Erotica, ROL, Music, HU, etc, also thinks that B-Day Song is good enough to be on an album. Plus, until the 00s she had a few boring songs sometimes but during this last decade, whenever she set herself to record a bad song, she really put in a lot of hard work to it, I even imagine her thought when she was doing Autotune Baby "Oh it's still not bad enough, let's try it harder"

11 minutes ago, ErickInTheZone said:

I have a theory that Madonna does know in fact when she records a bad song and then she makes it a point to release it as a way to irritate people, because it's hard to believe the same person who once produced and recorded gems such as Papa Don't Preach, LAP, Erotica, ROL, Music, HU, etc, also thinks that B-Day Song is good enough to be on an album. Plus, until the 00s she had a few boring songs sometimes but during this last decade, whenever she set herself to record a bad song, she really put in a lot of hard work to it, I even imagine her thought when she was doing Autotune Baby "Oh it's still not bad enough, let's try it harder"

Sorry, I don't buy she releases a song if she knows it is bad.  I think at the time, she has a special connection to it or  has an experience while recording it that may not be agreeable to some fans.  A song like B-Day Song is surely something she doesn't expect people to take too seriously.  Over time, any artist can look back and realize, maybe the song was as good as they thought.  Artists usually have a connection with a lot of their arts that even their fans can't understand.  There is no way, she is purposely trying to make songs worse as well. Like mentioned, she has some connection to it that her fans and the public may not understand. I can agree it's hard to think what that may be for a song like "Autotune Baby", but as an artist I can see a connection to it that maybe others can't comprehend.