5 things Madonna did you didn’t care for

Blue Skies

1 hour ago, Bjonkers said:

Imagine joining a forum and starting this thread was one of your first posts. So sad.

So did I disturb your peace then 😉

Just trying to get a feel for the place.  Just because I’m a fan don’t mean I have to like everything she’s done.

My way of “expressing myself

I guess that I'm one of the few here who takes interest in about everything she does.  Certainly, that doesn't mean I care for everything she does.  For instance, I really didn't care for the children books she wrote.  But that doesn't mean I think she shouldn't have wrote them.  I didn't particularly care for a couple of her movies such as Dangerous Game, but again it doesn't mean I think she shouldn't have made them. There are things she said, that I didn't particularly care for, such as "fuck" so many times on David Letterman back in '94.   I also didn't particularly like how she chose how to express herself during the Women's March in 2017, by stating she thought about "blowing the White House up".  But then again, I knew she was speaking metaphorically.  I may not care for any of these things I mentioned, but I also know that we all do and say things that others may not care for.  We live and learn from it all.  Madonna tends to not to hold any regrets and I think that's a good philosophy to have.  Sometimes you have to fail at things or do things that people won't like to learn from them.

1 hour ago, Blue Skies said:

Just trying to get a feel for the place.  Just because I’m a fan don’t mean I have to like everything she’s done.

Dude this argument is so tired… move on

This thread is for the trolls and the haters to come out of the armoire…

Oh god, uhhh...

1. The shift from working with one or MAYBE two producers/songwriters per album to... what she does nowadays.

2. Guy Ritchie.

3. MDNA Skin/film-making/various side projects that take her focus away from her music.

4. The grillz. They're never going away. I don't know if it's because A) she genuinely thinks they look good, B) she does it just because she knows everyone hates it, or that C) she's self-concious of her teeth/mouth.

5. Her creative shift in general from the art of making music. In recent years, it's seemed that the music is more of an afterthought so that she can focus her attention on other things. It feels like a chore for her now, if that makes sense, and that detachment comes through in the music.

Title is misleading.

I think it could have been “5 things you didn't like” and not “CARE”. If you don't like something it means that you care enough for you to dislike it. But if you don't care, that means that you're feeling neutral: you don't like it or dislike it, it's simply uninteresting.

In my case, things that I didn't care for:

1. MDNA Skin

2. Shoes collection

3. Material Girl collection

4. Her Oscars parties

5. MET gala appearances

Things that I didn't like:

1. The grills

2. Her collab with Quavo

3. The bathtub video

4. Making her endorsement to some politicians a part of her show during tours 

5. The extremely photoshopped pictures

6 hours ago, Blue Skies said:

Don’t let them get you down.

There are always fans who can’t deal with criticism directed towards Madonna or her team.

These discussions are what keep a forum alive. Some people fail to understand that.

Personally, I love the MDNA Skin care line!  Any dermatologist I have shown it to agrees it's amazing.  However, some of the products are getting hard to purchase because they are out of stock, example, the Eye Serum has been out since February.  I always wonder if they are eventually going to shut down the site.