125 years of Pepsi: Original M commercial officially upgraded to HD!

deathproof

1 minute ago, Prayer said:

It all depends on the original contract. Usually they're limited for a certain use (TV, theaters, radio, etc.) and during a period of time (usually limited). YouTube didn't even exist in 1989, of course, so unless they used something like "available forever for every medium that will ever exist" (doubt it, being Madonna), they needed permission for this. Plus the song thing.

I don't think they're sponsoring the tour, the last ad would be just what she asked in return maybe.

The Celebration Tour ad was her last "fuck you" to them. Now you're gonna advertise my tour for free bitches

Best commercial ever! I love her hair, her outfit, HER DANCING. Everything!  Back in the day I was gonna tape it live but missed it. I thought, well, it's a major commercial I'll get it tomorrow. Nope! I had to wait years to see it. Same thing happened with Erotica video. I was too poor to have cable lol. If I missed it at my aunt's house who had cable, forget it! I remember being at her house and my uncle would yell at me for hogging the TV all day bc Express Yourself was premiering. Totally worth it for that one.

On 9/7/2023 at 5:11 PM, Anapausis said:

Well, I've already abbreviated Celebration Tour as TCT, given I'd already referred to Confessions Tour as CT.

CT1 for Confessions Tour and CT2 for Celebration Tour could also work, don't you think so?

OT: I just wanna know how M now will reference the Pepsi imbroglio on her biopic given she was crystal clear about LAP playing a big part on it as being the only one song whose writing process would be documented on "Little Sparrow"... Followed by the Pepsi backlash/boycott...

Already had this idea @Ayham hehe!!!

EDIT: just saw I'd already had yours too, @deathproof !!!

Edited by Anapausis (see edit history)

On 9/7/2023 at 1:20 PM, deathproof said:

From this article:

https://people.com/britney-spears-celebrates-remastered-joy-of-cola-ad-pepsi-exclusive-7965913?utm_term=64f9bc3bc3af050001f0e38a&utm_campaign=peoplemagazine&utm_medium=social&utm_content=new&utm_source=twitter.com

….Alongside Spears' "Joy of Cola" ad, the soft drink company is releasing updated versions of other musical Pepsi spots, including Madonna’s “Like A Prayer” commercial from 1989 and Tina Turner’s “We Got The Taste” ad from 1986.

Oh wait I missed this important detail!

The 2023 VMAs — which will include the updated versions of Spears and Madonna's famous Pepsi ads — are airing Tuesday, Sept. 12 on MTV at 8 p.m. EST.

Stunning 😍 she looks great in here 

On 9/7/2023 at 10:11 PM, Anapausis said:

Well, I've already abbreviated Celebration Tour as TCT, given I'd already referred to Confessions Tour as CT.

CT1 for Confessions Tour and CT2 for Celebration Tour could also work, don't you think so?

OT: I just wanna know how M now will reference the Pepsi imbroglio on her biopic given she was crystal clear about LAP playing a big part on it as being the only one song whose writing process would be documented on "Little Sparrow"... Followed by the Pepsi backlash/boycott...

Or just take a pair of seconds and write Celebration and Confessions Tour. Is not that difficult lol