Was the MDNA Tour BluRay finally fixed?

Nicmag

I remember that, back in the day when the DVD and BR were launched, people got faulty copies where the image was blurrier than intended (looked like some kind of noise), but was this finally fixed? I believe I never changed my first-batch BR, but I'd like to get the correct version. If it was corrected, is there any way to tell apart the faulty ones from the fixed ones? Thanks, guys!

The blurry thing was by intention. It was an artistical choice she made. I got the DVD and the „improved“ bluray, the only difference I can see is that bluray is more HD but thats obvious and the sound is a bit better mixed.

for example backup instrumentals are more in detail like Girl gone wild when the cubes get ul, and gang bang gun-reload sound

In an online chat with Reddit, Madonna addressed the concerns regarding the mastering issues with the DVD and Blu-ray in Europe, saying that she was horrified about the glitches and her record label was solving it. She concluded by saying that "[I] spent 6 months editing and doing the sound mix for the DVD the last thing I want to hear is that the fans aren't getting the fruits of my labor."

On September 23, 2013, Interscope announced that they were recalling all the Blu-ray discs issued in the US, after hearing continuous reports of glitches in the sound from consumers, adding that an "error in manufacturing" compromised the 5.1 audio of the discs. The announcement also added the following:

"Interscope Records would like to make consumers of Madonna's MDNA World Tour Blu-ray disc aware that the concert will be seen at its most optimal quality by properly adjusting the settings on your television to 'Normal/Movie' mode rather than 'Dynamic/Enhanced' mode. Older Blu-ray players or those without a firmware upgrade may experience glitches when navigating the Blu-ray menu. Follow the manufacturer's instructions to upgrade firmware

I'm not sure if there was a complete recall or it was just the US only

1 hour ago, WopaelWopael said:

The blurry thing was by intention. It was an artistical choice she made. I got the DVD and the „improved“ bluray, the only difference I can see is that bluray is more HD but thats obvious and the sound is a bit better mixed.

I know she added filters that made the image blurrier. But when comparing the image on the TV broadcast and on the BR, there was something off with the image that didn't have anything to do with the artistic choice. Everybody complained and even herself stated that the quality of the BluRay wasn't up to standard. I remember they said they were gonna launch a new batch of BluRays with the errors fixed, but I don't know if they finally did. This problem didn't happen on the DVD, though.

13 hours ago, michel.kettermann said:

I would prefer they released the full concert of a city only and not all those annoying cuts from thousands of concerts.
That alone would make me glad.

Sadly I think in this day and age, and with M being such a perfectionist, she’s only going to put out the best parts of a show she likes. Even sacrificing quality and posting cam recordings IN a pro release. She’s been doing it for years though. That is probably one of the reasons she didn’t release the BAT Paris show. Express Yourself would have been too chaotic to her with the shit being thrown on stage. However she could have picked better shots from other shows with the curls. I dunno. Maybe that’s not the reason. Maybe it’s Maybelene.

1 hour ago, Andymad said:

Sadly I think in this day and age, and with M being such a perfectionist, she’s only going to put out the best parts of a show she likes. Even sacrificing quality and posting cam recordings IN a pro release. She’s been doing it for years though. That is probably one of the reasons she didn’t release the BAT Paris show. Express Yourself would have been too chaotic to her with the shit being thrown on stage. However she could have picked better shots from other shows with the curls. I dunno. Maybe that’s not the reason. Maybe it’s Maybelene.

Yet she seemed ok to release the Nice show exclusively on Laserdisc by Pioneer Artists.

I'm sure the reason that the show hasn't been released to other formats (yet) is because she prefers Truth Or Dare be the focal point of showing off that tour.   Possibly that may change in the coming years, but we'll have to see.  After all, it's no secret that her fan base has been practically screaming at the top of their lungs in releasing BA and RIT separately from the feature documentaries they were part of.

11 minutes ago, McDonna said:

Yet she seemed ok to release the Nice show exclusively on Laserdisc by Pioneer Artists.

Very true. Maybe she did because it was already a live broadcasted viewing of the show. She very well may have gone into the studio and while cutting and pasting the show thought, bleggh look at me kicking all that shit off the stage in these gorgeous shots. Was probably easier to release a full version most of NA or HBO subscribers had already seen. now 30 years later turns out that isn’t the version we’re all craving for LOL

16 minutes ago, Andymad said:

Very true. Maybe she did because it was already a live broadcasted viewing of the show. She very well may have gone into the studio and while cutting and pasting the show thought, bleggh look at me kicking all that shit off the stage in these gorgeous shots. Was probably easier to release a full version most of NA or HBO subscribers had already seen. now 30 years later turns out that isn’t the version we’re all craving for LOL

Back then, she wasn't in curating her home video concert releases.  Just look at The Girlie Show. It's pretty much presented as the tour was presented.  It wasn't until Drowned World Tour we started seeing her being more involved in how her concerts look on home video, but even then the real tooling around came with home releases of Confessions Tour and onward.  So I don't think back then, she would have really been involved (as she is now) in the editing process of BA.

At the end of the day, I think it's all about the accompanied Docs that came along with those tours and that's why we haven't seen them properly released. 

20 minutes ago, McDonna said:

Back then, she wasn't in curating her home video concert releases.  Just look at The Girlie Show. It's pretty much presented as the tour was presented.  It wasn't until Drowned World Tour we started seeing her being more involved in how her concerts look on home video, but even then the real tooling around came with home releases of Confessions Tour and onward.  So I don't think back then, she would have really been involved (as she is now) in the editing process of BA.

At the end of the day, I think it's all about the accompanied Docs that came along with those tours and that's why we haven't seen them properly released. 

It would have been great if she had released an accompanied CD of the songs featured in TOD, like she did with IGTTYAS and feature full length versions.

Wasn't part of the image quality problem partly because she used non HD footage from the screens from the entire tour in the edit switching between Miami and Paris shot in HD but the image quality looked different and then adding in non HD footage from the screens from other shows into the edit too. The Audio mixing for Girl Gone Wild was particularly awful 

• 5 months later...
On 10/1/2023 at 5:26 PM, McDonna said:

Back then, she wasn't in curating her home video concert releases.  Just look at The Girlie Show. It's pretty much presented as the tour was presented.  It wasn't until Drowned World Tour we started seeing her being more involved in how her concerts look on home video, but even then the real tooling around came with home releases of Confessions Tour and onward.

Ciao Italia and its shots from three different cities spliced together says Hi 😄