The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

I’m confused about LAV. Initially on the livestream I watched I thought maybe she was standing in front of the screen. After seeing clearer videos I see she wasn’t, then wondered if she was singling it from backstage but I don’t think that was it either. So it’s just a newly recorded version playing w/that video, right? It’s certainly not the original vocal.

2 minutes ago, MikeyK said:

I’m confused about LAV. Initially on the livestream I watched I thought maybe she was standing in front of the screen. After seeing clearer videos I see she wasn’t, then wondered if she was singling it from backstage but I don’t think that was it either. So it’s just a newly recorded version playing w/that video, right? It’s certainly not the original vocal.

I think it's the original in a lower key.

2 hours ago, Lucas B. said:

Finally my fav song of hers is having justice after 30 years

Seriously.  I had long given up ever seeing it as it’s kinda forgotten by the masses.  She really did this one proud.  I suspect that all the acclaim over SEX last year and working on the Art Basil exhibit had her revisiting the era a good bit and that seems to have paid us in dividends with this tour.  Amazing time to be old enough to have been there with her in 1992.

Seriously.  I had long given up ever seeing it as it’s kinda forgotten by the masses.  She really did this one proud.  I suspect that all the acclaim over SEX last year and working on the Art Basil exhibit had her revisiting the era a good bit and that seems to have paid us in dividends with this tour.  Amazing time to be old enough to have been there with her in 1992.

2 minutes ago, Markdonna said:

Wish I was old enough to have seen all of that back in the day, but I was born in '96 and just got attention of her art in late 2007 after I saw the Sorry mv - since them I never looked back hahaha

I had divided opinions at first. And watching videos again makes those opinions strengthen but remain a little the same as before.

I feel bad for criticizing something that I didn't experience in person, that I watched a livestream that only appreciated the beauty of the ceiling, and that Madonna is not the Madonna she once was, but there is something I don't understand.

The beginning seemed to fit the theme: something personal, introspective, autobiographical. The songs were trimmed but kept a modest margin, and afterward everything felt rushed, and somewhat disjointed. At times I felt like I was lost. I do feel that ending a bit... mmmm, can't describe it. Maybe we expect something like what we saw in Finally Enough Love.

And what happened with Frozen! DM confirmed it with lots of promises (I wanted sickick remix or that "tiktok section" but well).

I'll stick with the good, and that is:
- Holiday, and that ending that hurt my heart.
- Erotica with You Thrill Me, a small sampler of Papa Don't Preach and the connection with her version of BAT.
- Excellent DAD and DTM rendition.
- The most camp vogue to date.
- That Like a Prayer so bizarre but eye-catching.
- Open Your Heart made me feel emotional and I started singing with happiness knowing that Madonna is still here, doing her best, and that I love her so much that my life would not going to be the same without her.💘

Edited by xop (see edit history)

1 minute ago, EgoRod said:

On defense of Bob. I think she works a bit like a crutch and to take some weight away from her.

Instead of a Madonna out of breath and panting trying to get people up, Bob balance up that MC side and give her a breather.

I also think is relevant for her history and upbringing in the NY scene. Really representative and perfect for the Vogue part.

Yeah, I think Bob is very much needed and cleverly used here.  Some fans just always need to hate something… 

From what I saw:

Good things:

Amazing looking, the body of always, no fake ass bravo!

Terrific vocals, maybe better than ever. Amazing bad girl or the very hard ROL.

Many great moments.

Things to improve:

Probably the show will be getting better little by little, maybe it was a bit of chaotic, and the final part: not enough Madonna and very short. Music, Frozen, material girl are missed but she already permored it a lot on her carreer.

She probably could easily change the setlist from show to show.

I honestly don’t get how anybody expects to really get and fully appreciate a Madonna concert via mediocrely shot LIVE FEEDS where much of what you hear in the forground is the people next to the camera vapidly screaming…

But people keep doing it.  Okay… whatever.  I find that rather hilarious.

The show looks awesome ! She's looking very great and happy to read that she her singing is good.

The setlist is really good, too bad that some of the hits seem to be shortened (La Isla Bonita for example) but having full Live to Tell, Bad Girl and Ray of Light is enough for me :D 

Vogue looks awesome ! Is she singing the full song ? 

Too bad for the 3 hinted songs that were not sing. I was eager to hear Sorry and Oh Father :/ Even Hold Tight seemed interesting ! But we can't have it all.

The only thing that saddens me is the fact that the ending is too brutal, maybe it will get better after the first show. We know it always evolves as time runs throughout the tour. 

14 minutes ago, Drownedboy said:

From what I saw:

Good things:

Amazing looking, the body of always, no fake ass bravo!

Terrific vocals, maybe better than ever. Amazing bad girl or the very hard ROL.

Many great moments.

Things to improve:

Probably the show will be getting better little by little, maybe it was a bit of chaotic, and the final part: not enough Madonna and very short. Music, Frozen, material girl are missed but she already permored it a lot on her carreer.

She probably could easily change the setlist from show to show.

I agree that the ending was too short and abrupt. I think if she added like 1-2 songs in the final section or even a quick medley (Lucky Star, Material Girl, Dress You Up, Express Yourself, Music) in Celebration, it would work.

Bitch I'm Madonna was too much noise then Celebration wasn't really performed, just her singing Music out of key over the music then fighting her veil and it's over.

I found a Youtube channel that had the whole show, and I think I understand the story better. The first section is basically 1980s dealing with her club days - AIDS epidemic - her late 80s career, second section is 1990s and her sex era, third section is late 1990s and deals with motherhood and overcoming the backlash of the sex era and her role as Evita, fourth section is 2000s club scene and discovering spirituality, final section is now. The 2000s section needs something between Ray of Light and Rain or just after Rain. The final section needs 1-2 more songs or a medley like I said.

Random thought:

Lots of Title Track Love this time out.

Like A Prayer, Erotica, Bedtime.Story, Ray of Light, Music all got performances

Like a Virgin got that tribute.

The title tracks that weren’t performed this tour have all very recently been performed. American Life (Madame X Tour) True Blue (Rebel Heart) Who’s That Girl (at a good number of Rebel Heart performance) 

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)