The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

Im gonna be screamed at but if people dont take the day off work or even half a day after seeing Madonna after knowing all this well.... Sell your tickets.  Should know by now to take the day after off. Others book an extra night in their hotel or a late check out. 

Not like weve never been aware of it. Just look at her lighting rigs, the stage moving about. The sound system. The screens. She pays for the best and she's going on when its safe for everyone and got the all clear then her prayers. Her show takes time. She's a night owl. We know it by now, yes sometimes she doesnt rush ah well. Swallow it or dont go if you cant cope with less sleep having to go to work the morning after. YOU KNOW IT BY NOW! Its like going to a club on a school night, bad idea or not? Madge is there.... oh. COURSE YOU WOULD. :)

Jumping on the lateness bandwagon here. I agreed with those who are not excusing her tardiness due to her having to prep for this or that before hitting the stage. She arrives at the arenas 4-5PM on show days, does her sound checks (maybe an hour?) which leave her with plenty of time to sort things out. 
I came off an 8 hour shift last Wed and Thurs at 6PM, commuted to Brooklyn from the city, had dinner for 2 hours and got in the arena around 8:30PM...did the typical merch stands, bars, pics thing around the entire arena 3 times and took my seat at 10PM...sat there tirelessly for another 50 minutes before her highness decided to dim the light and start the show. People started leaving at midnight (after an hour into the show).

Exiting the arena at 1AM, commuting back home took another hour....I got to bed after 2:30AM which left me with 3.5 hours of sleep before having to wake up and start another work day. By the end of Thursday, I was so run-down with ZERO energy. We were "delighted" when she started Thurs show at 10:22PM (a whopping 40 minutes earlier than the night before), the show ended at 12:37AM Friday morning. I could barely wake up the next morning and almost called in sick!

As much as we are die hard fans, we have jobs and responsibilities (and don't tell me to plan ahead because I did plenty of that but will not stop my life to attend her shows), and the majority of us are certainly not in our 20's...her behavior IS indeed disrespectful to all ticket holders. She must know that word of mouth of her lateness has caused many casual fans to forego buying tickets to see her. 

ABSOLUTELY. NO. EXCUSES.

29 minutes ago, missberic said:

What kind of life does someone who says "just take the next day off and book one more night at the hotel" lead? Like, how far off from reality are you?

The excuses are beyond ridiculous, it's amazing you guys can't tell how what you say is laughable. "Oh but her fans should know by now", like all 15k people at the arena are die hard fans who "should know"? And even if they were, why should they be used to this behaviour? And even if they are, why is it ok to be late and then make jokes about it?

It's bad enough she went through a lot of the european shows trashing the audience for not speaking english and now she's making fun of them for being mad over something that she's wrong about.

I'm sorry but being a supportive fan has its limits and it is very upsetting that a lot of you in this forum seem to forget common sense in order to applaud everything she does. She's not a child, she's not weak, she's not a damsel in distress and she's not an untouchable God either. She can handle criticism and she certainly deserves them sometimes.

How far off reality are you thinking shell be on at 8:30 or 9:30 each night, we DO know her by now. Yes its not the best but it is what it is. lol  im not picking on you im making fun of it all. All the shows ive been to in my life ive never ever dared to go to work the day after. Good luck to those who do. Madonna is a big deal and its a holiday/vacation. Was she late on your date and you lost money or anything?? Sorry if you did. Would love to know. 

(PS which shows did she slag off the non English speaking people I havent watched many :)  Id like to see the differences, I didnt want to overdose) :) 

I can understand both sides of this. It’s a pain and rude that she goes on so late. It’s so true. And yet, seeing her show (which are always beyond magnificent and in a realm of their own from any other artist) have always been worth the wait in the end.  It’s something you never ever forget! She’s “our bitch” just like @Winnwrote! In the end, I wouldn’t have it any other way. I love that she is her own person …imperfections and all. 
mad sleeping beauty GIF

I think the real reason why so many fans are angry is because they actually all know the real reason why Madonna is 3 hours late for every shows.

I don't exactly remember which interview it was, but I clearly remember that Madonna once said that Madonna doesn't sleep until early morning because she is most active at late night.

Fans actually know that she is late because of technical issues blah blah is bullshit.

Found the interview I said. Read it.

Madonna goes to bed at 4am. The 63-year-old singer — who has six children — is a “night owl” and insisted she’s at her most creative at night. Asked how she felt about doing an interview at 1am with Maluma for Rolling Stone's 'Musicians on Musicians series, she said:

“I’m good with it. I’m used to staying up late. I’m a night owl. “[I go to bed at] 4 am… It’s getting later and later.” And when Maluma recalled how their first studio session together began at 8pm, she exclaimed: “That’s just when the juices start flowing! “I have a theory that people who were born in the daytime are most alive in the day and people who were born at night feel most creative and alive at night.”

The ‘Beautiful Stranger’ hitmaker then poked fun at her ‘Medellin’ collaborator for keeping “old-man hours”.

So there you go. Madonna clearly said that "8pm is that's just when the juices start flowing."

And She also said that “I have a theory that people who were born in the daytime are most alive in the day and people who were born at night feel most creative and alive at night."

So We all know that 8pm or 9pm is too early for Madonna. that' the real reason she's always late. LOL

Edited by I am madonna (see edit history)

I think the real reason why so many fans are angry is because they actually all know the real reason why Madonna is 3 hours late for every shows.
I don't exactly remember which interview it was, but I clearly remember that Madonna once said that Madonna doesn't sleep until early morning because she is most active at late night.
Fans actually know that she is late because of technical issues blah blah is bullshit and the real reason she late every shows is because she's believer of Zodiac and She really believe that Leo is active at late night and late night is good for Leo.

It's not because she's a Leo, it's because she's an insomniac

Date                         City                    Country                      Venue                      Judge guest

October  14, 2023     London                   England             The O2 Arena                 Lourdes Leon

October  15, 2023     London                   England             The O2 Arena                 FKA Twigs

October  17, 2023     London                   England             The O2 Arena                 Diplo

October  18, 2023     London                   England             The O2 Arena                 Julia Fox

October  21, 2023     Antwerp                   Belgium             Sportpaleis                      Damien Jalet

October  22, 2023     Antwerp                   Belgium             Sportpaleis                      Stuart Price

October  25, 2023    Copenhagen           Denmark             Royal Arena                     Allauné Blegbo 

October  26, 2023    Copenhagen           Denmark             Royal Arena                     Aquaria

October  28, 2023    Stockholm               Sweden             Tele2 Arena                     Rocco Ritchie

November 1, 2023    Barcelona                   Spain             Palau Sant Jordi              Arca

November 2, 2023    Barcelona                   Spain             Palau Sant Jordi              Úrsula Corberó 

November 6, 2023    Lisbon                   Portugal             Altice Arena                   Jon Kortajerena 

November 7, 2023    Lisbon                   Portugal             Altice Arena                     Jean Paul Gaultier

November 12, 2023    Paris                   France             Accor Arena                     Matières fecales

November 13, 2023    Paris                   France             Accor Arena                     French artist photographer JR

November 15, 2023    Cologne                   Germany             Lanxess Arena                 Andrea "Munchie" Lanz   

November 16, 2023    Cologne                   Germany             Lanxess Arena                 The chef is one of Madonna's babysitters.

November 19, 2023    Paris                   France                  Accor Arena                      Michèle Lamy      

November 20, 2023    Paris                   France                  Accor Arena                      Dj Kiddy Smile

November 23, 2023    Milan                   Italy             Mediolanum Forum         Donatella Versace

November 25, 2023    Milan                   Italy             Mediolanum Forum         Deborah "Debi" Anne Mazar

November 28, 2023   Berlin                        Germany              Mercedes Benz Arena     Gabriel Massan

November 29, 2023   Berlin                        Germany              Mercedes Benz Arena     "Peaches" Merrill Beth Nisker

December 1, 2023     Amsterdam             Netherlands            Ziggo Dome                        "Sevdaliza" Sevda Alizadeh

December 2, 2023     Amsterdam             Netherlands            Ziggo Dome                        "Miss Fame" Kurtis Frank Dam-Mikkelsen

December 5, 2023    London                   England            The O2 Arena                    Charlie Hunnam

December 6, 2023    London                   England            The O2 Arena                      Stella McCartney

December 13, 2023    New York City        United States       Barclays Center                  Josh Popper

December 14, 2023    New York City        United States       Barclays Center                  Julia Garner

December 16, 2023    New York City        United States       Barclays Center                  Teezo Touchdown

December 18, 2023    New York City        United States       Barclays Center                  Kevin Aviance

December 19, 2023    New York City        United States       Barclays Center                  Santa Claus

Santa got a hard ride.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C1EMz96RsRU/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

2023.12.19.Santa Claus.JPG

Sieppaa.JPG

Kooste 1.JPG

I think the lateness it’s bad but some people made it worse than it actually is. She is 65 and has some healthy problem (and we don’t know every detail, at her age she can have more than one problem), her children are on stage with her and we don’t know if they’re good or bad if they’re ready with her or not. Maybe all this sounds like an excuse for most of the people, for me are just facts. Behind a show like this there are a lot of humans. Anyway I think some people take this too much seriously. You will go at a concert one time (most of the people don’t go on multiple dates), even if she starts late and finishes late i think for one time if you sleep less than usual it’s not the end of the world. I don’t think we all always go to work in our 100%, there are days that we feel less productive but we go on the same. Or maybe sometimes we have to go to a party or a dinner in the middle of the week, finishing late and the day after we go to work like everyone. Don’t make it so tragic, we are in the middle of the tour still talking about this subject maybe if we stop complaining about it the media will do the same. We always export only the bad for her never the good.

16 minutes ago, Prayer said:

The bitch almost killed Santa on her last show before Christmas.

GBw_jO0XgAAs2CI.thumb.jpeg.9ba9336118e2690d9dec839d988ee505.jpeg

Gotta love her.

8 years ago today at the rebel heart tour in glasgow we got holiday acapella with no mic and a pink santa hat. Not as dramatic as santa nearly dying but still memorable in it's own right

madonna-rebel-heart-glasgow-sse-hydro-ar

_87321715_87321714.jpg

lmao at her not using a picture from the show

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)
  • Enrico unfeatured this topic