The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

21 minutes ago, Sheridan1980 said:

Madonna is a classic dancer. You can't compare her with other artists. 

I think you might be making my point although Madonna is not limited to one style of dancing. Tina on the other hand has been doing  these same dances with little change ever over the years.

39 minutes ago, Burning Up 4 Madonna said:

I think you might be making my point although Madonna is not limited to one style of dancing. Tina on the other hand has been doing  these same dances with little change ever over the years.

While I agree Madonna's choreography is far more intricate, Tina tends to dance far more in a wild state, which no doubt takes a lot of stamina and strength.  Also, while Madonna tends to pace her self when doing heavy choreography, Tina has known to dance far more intensely for many songs in a row.  Personally, I don't like to compare these two women when it comes to dancing, because Madonna's choreography tends to be more than just about dancing. There is an art form to it all, and sometimes related to the actual song. Meanwhile, Tina is just dancing her ass off in a signature way which fits the actual structure of the rhythm, beat of the song.  My hat comes off for both these women because the fact is they equally have had great stamina when it comes to dancing. 

I think what makes Madonna's dancing unique is she comes from a classically trained background, yet she also does all these sexual and artsy moves. I don't like to compare her and Tina either like it's a competition as their style is very different, yet both worked well for them. Madonna vs MJ might be a more fair comparison as his approach seems slightly more similar to hers than Tina does. 

4 hours ago, Kae-Leah Williamson said:

I think what makes Madonna's dancing unique is she comes from a classically trained background, yet she also does all these sexual and artsy moves. I don't like to compare her and Tina either like it's a competition as their style is very different, yet both worked well for them. Madonna vs MJ might be a more fair comparison as his approach seems slightly more similar to hers than Tina does. 

Yeah but MJ never made it to 65 so we can’t compare them in that sense. I bet MJ would be a stumbling mess by now and probably not touring at all.

Mick Jagger also gets a lot of praise for being old and yet he jerks about like he is having a seizure.

On 2/10/2024 at 12:54 PM, chaosmen1984mk said:

Beautiful video that of course is already downloaded and saved on my hard drive, which by the way is already filling up with so much downloaded material from Madonna that I think I'm going to have to buy a new PC to be able to store more and more videos since this tour still has for many more months even though some pessimists say it will end in April. I do not believe it. We'll see who is ultimately right.

By the way, something I like about this video is that it limits itself to presenting Madonna singing Nothing Really Matters from the beginning and not like many other videos on YouTube that despite being titled "Madonna Nothing Really Matters Celebration Tour" also end up including Bob's participation. I have nothing against Bob, I respect him as an artist, but it bothers me to have to wait around 5 minutes, which is how long his participation lasts, to finally be able to see Madonna's participation. Separating the videos for each one would be the best solution and those who only want to see Bob's intro (a few) and those who only want to see Madonna singing Nothing Really Matters (the vast majority) would be equally happy.

There's something special about when he declares, "it's show time!" .. his entry contrasted with hers .. is magic. 

32 minutes ago, scallywally said:

Saw the ad on Youtube for Wicked. Every second was better than Usher.  Mind you Marley and me was more uplifting than Usher. WHAT THE HOT MESS WAS THAT? (Sorry off topic) 

I forgot to watch it. But I knew it would be crap. Usher hasn’t done anything good in 20 years. Unless we count him doing Justin Bieber :laughing:

2 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

Yeah but MJ never made it to 65 so we can’t compare them in that sense. I bet MJ would be a stumbling mess by now and probably not touring at all.

Mick Jagger also gets a lot of praise for being old and yet he jerks about like he is having a seizure.

I think MJ probably would've become trans by now if he was still alive. Just because of the constant changing of his identity and physical appearance to look more and more feminine and because he was deeply disturbed.

14 minutes ago, dankpepe said:

I think MJ probably would've become trans by now if he was still alive. Just because of the constant changing of his identity and physical appearance to look more and more feminine and because he was deeply disturbed.

I think MJ was already trans . But I’m not sure they’d have ever have come to terms with it.

41 minutes ago, Michael_Py said:

I’m a huge Madonna fan but sorry, regarding dancing of female performers no one beats Janet Jackson even until these days. Her stamina its awesome. Madonna its the greatest of them all in every single aspect but dancing. 

Janet might have been a better dancer ability wise but Madonna’s actual choreography and artistic choices in terms of dance were far more varied and just better overall. There’s a far greater degree of creativity and versatility with Madonna.

Today I would say Janet is a better dancer than Madonna though. I saw a clip of her the other day and she is still absolutely killing it.

1 hour ago, Michael_Py said:

I’m a huge Madonna fan but sorry, regarding dancing of female performers no one beats Janet Jackson even until these days. Her stamina its awesome. Madonna its the greatest of them all in every single aspect but dancing. 

Madonn  definitely has danced more styles than Janet over the years.  Janet does one kind of dancing really.