The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

1 hour ago, stefo said:

I don't know if it's true, but M could be one of the guests of the next Met Gala

425340970_805552311609928_81972657996999

But mostly I wanted to share this excellent editing of one of the peaks of the show

While it's not impossible, but it's May 6th and too close to the close of her tour.  But we'll see!!  I would think she'd be ready to hibernate for a little while before going to a major event.

49 minutes ago, McDonna said:

While it's not impossible, but it's May 6th and too close to the close of her tour.  But we'll see!!  I would think she'd be ready to hibernate for a little while before going to a major event.

I don't know - it's far less taxing than doing another show - so could be true!

28 minutes ago, Jackie said:

I don't know - it's far less taxing than doing another show - so could be true!

Yeah, it's two different things, but at the same time, it still can be a daunting task, days after a show in another country.  Like mentioned, it's not impossible and she probably could do it, but I also wouldn't blame her for not. I don't doubt she's invited, and I'm betting that's possibly something she's deciding, while giving her time to prepare if she does. :)

On 2/22/2024 at 7:32 PM, Magic Pussy said:

If M is still entertaining rotating more new songs into the Rain/Frozen/Take A Bow slot, I nominate a bilingual version of her Drowned World Tour performance of What It Feels Like for a Girl (Calderone & Quayle Dark Side Mix). The mood of that mix fit that segment and the songs lyrics are fittingly autobiographical. 

If anything, it’s time to bring out I'll Remember or The Power Of Good-Bye.

20 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

If anything, she should go back to Frozen. Then cut the MJ tribute and perform Like a Virgin then Music as an encore. Then the show will be perfect.

I completely agree. Virgin and Celebration. Perfection either way. I don't even like Lika Virgin live, but it belongs in the show.

19 minutes ago, Sheridan1980 said:

But she doesn't want to perform like a virgin this time. The tribute is a good option. And replacing rain with frozen or take a bow some nights is a cool idea. 

Not every cool idea is a good idea... Frozen is a good idea, Rain was poorly executed and Take a Bow is a crime against music in that form.

3 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

If anything, she should go back to Frozen. Then cut the MJ tribute and perform Like a Virgin then Music as an encore. Then the show will be perfect.

I don't agree about Frozen, I'll keep Rain instead, I would just use Frozen as a video interlude after that, BUT the idea for the last two songs you are proposing to close the show - and that's the reason why I'm commenting your post - is amazing and I agree: this would really make the show PERFECT! Especially considering that Music was ready, rehearsed and part of the show till June apparently :heart:

Said that, I was looking at some pics and it's so interesting the connection between her original eras and the way she is reproposing her work today :heart:

425317063_806133444885148_54482987165119

428616457_946875053675139_30419547857690

3 hours ago, Future Lover said:

The MJ interlude is too important to the show's overall point to cut, and I'm amazed that by this point in the tour people are still not aware of that

100%. The dancers signifying her friends dying of AIDS, the prince tribute, Michael. If it’s not obvious that this tour is a celebration to life and how thankful we should be for every minute we’re gifted idk what is.

3 hours ago, stefo said:

I don't agree about Frozen, I'll keep Rain instead, I would just use Frozen as a video interlude after that, BUT the idea for the last two songs you are proposing to close the show - and that's the reason why I'm commenting your post - is amazing and I agree: this would really make the show PERFECT! Especially considering that Music was ready, rehearsed and part of the show till June apparently :heart:

Said that, I was looking at some pics and it's so interesting the connection between her original eras and the way she is reproposing her work today :heart:

425317063_806133444885148_54482987165119

428616457_946875053675139_30419547857690

I have to agree; Rain worked just fine.  I do understand how people see Frozen working in that spot as well and it does, but I personally love she pulled Rain out and performed it on a regular basis here up until recently.  It deserved from love in a "live" sense.  I'm doubting it will ever make an another appearance in future tours.  Meanwhile Frozen would most likely be performed again in the future beyond this tour. 

I will say I am enjoying the light hearted debate many of us are having over this.  It just shows you that we have a diverse fan base here and it's definitely the reason this woman still is able to rattle many people's chains and/or gain and keep so many fans in her corner. She may not always perform or release music in the way some of us want, but she always will have a large of enough base that will always find something they enjoy even from what some deem as her worst.  For instance, I agree she doesn't sound her best singing TAKE A BOW, but I don't take it too seriously either. It's also a hard song to sing. I'm sure in the right moment and setting she could nail this song even if she has to adjust the key to fit her voice better!  :luv: