The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

57 minutes ago, deathproof said:

You didn’t answer the original question at hand hun.

No i didn't. I guess you will tell me everything i see on video looks much better when you attend the show in person which is very often the case. I'm not saying that section look bad, i say it doesn't really looks "early 80's downtown NYC" in my opinion. I wish she'd wouldn't put that long jacket on and performs Holiday with the bustier, looks more sexy and reminiscent of early 80's Madonna to me. 

15 minutes ago, musicinferno said:

I find it strange that she only performed Frozen at 3 shows and seemed to favor Rain and now she's obsessed with Take A Bow, which I personally think feels out of place with the costume and setting. Maybe she received the biggest crowd response compared to other 2 songs and stuck with it? 

Must be a west coast thing

7 minutes ago, musicinferno said:

I find it strange that she only performed Frozen at 3 shows and seemed to favor Rain and now she's obsessed with Take A Bow, which I personally think feels out of place with the costume and setting. Maybe she received the biggest crowd response compared to other 2 songs and stuck with it? 

I would have preferred Rain but I guess it’s cause Take a Bow was such a huge hit in America and better signals the end of the show before BIM encore

Things are simply different seen live and on screen. On every tour i've seen since wtg all the things i loved live were never the things i enjoyed on screen. 

I have this guy i'm friendly with who did the review of the Celebration tour for the most famous right wing french newspaper (and oldest) and i mocked him because his review was meh, he thought she was was repeting herself too much and the religious viduals were done to death now so i sent him a text mocking him, asking him which part in retrospective he does not understand, it's a best of show, of course there would be religioys visuals ! i finished him by saying "She understood the  remember assignment and you didn't" he replied "I hate you". Well now that bitch posted on social media that he's dying to see the show again. After his meh review of it will be archived forever. 

I've always refused to review profesionally anything Madonna does because my first impression of it is always different a few days and weeks later especially her live shows. I did ot once though for Confession and i remember not liking Music Inferno which i think was too much and it's my favourite part on the dvd now. I loved the Ziggy/rock part live and i skip it on the dvd (except Let it will be which was even.more powerful live). So yes, seeing a tour live is different from watching it on screen especially fan recordings. That said not anyone can afford a ticket, it's a recession, pretty bad in France, so concerts are a privilege for most people, even for the most dedicated fans. 

46 minutes ago, Roland Barthes said:

Things are simply different seen live and on screen. On every tour i've seen since wtg all the things i loved live were never the things i enjoyed on screen. 

I have this guy i'm friendly with who did the review of the Celebration tour for the most famous right wing french newspaper (and oldest) and i mocked him because his review was meh, he thought she was was repeting herself too much and the religious viduals were done to death now so i sent him a text mocking him, asking him which part in retrospective he does not understand, it's a best of show, of course there would be religioys visuals ! i finished him by saying "She understood the  remember assignment and you didn't" he replied "I hate you". Well now that bitch posted on social media that he's dying to see the show again. After his meh review of it will be archived forever. 

I've always refused to review profesionally anything Madonna does because my first impression of it is always different a few days and weeks later especially her live shows. I did ot once though for Confession and i remember not liking Music Inferno which i think was too much and it's my favourite part on the dvd now. I loved the Ziggy/rock part live and i skip it on the dvd (except Let it will be which was even.more powerful live). So yes, seeing a tour live is different from watching it on screen especially fan recordings. That said not anyone can afford a ticket, it's a recession, pretty bad in France, so concerts are a privilege for most people, even for the most dedicated fans. 

Silly man