The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

1 hour ago, Dazedmadonna said:

For what I remember and don’t know how accurate this is, the IEM is offered to those people who are hearing impaired in Japan, they are given a set of headphones with a sort of a mix between the arena\stadium feed and the artist’s IEM (kind of like the IEM audio of Rebel Heart Tour, although that was also enhanced by someone before posting) or sometimes the actual soundboard (see Lady Gaga’s Chromatica Ball). So, that would explain how some recordings make the rounds (if it’s the case, of course), although it’s still a mystery how people manage to capture the signal from the headphones, it’s interesting to say the least.

I tried to do at the RHT by pretending I was deaf. You have a little receiver that the headphones plug into, similar to in ear monitors. For some reason it didn't work and I was too embarrassed to go and ask again how to work it, I think they were onto me.

2 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

I tried to do at the RHT by pretending I was deaf. You have a little receiver that the headphones plug into, similar to in ear monitors. For some reason it didn't work and I was too embarrassed to go and ask again how to work it, I think they were onto me.

talking sign language GIF

58 minutes ago, Rebel Hugo said:

Look at this guys!!! Jonas Åkerlund was (I think) directing the filmation of the cameras last night, Is this a clue that the concert film is being filmed in Los Angeles and that Jonas Åkerlund will be in charge of directing The Celebration Tour concert film ala The Confessions Tour 2006?

IMG-20240305-WA0014.jpg

omg! You clocked him! I saw him on the floor and I kept thinking "That guy looks like a very refreshed looking version of Ozzy Osborne"

Last night was my second show and it didn't disappoint. As mentioned, she went on 9:35pm which had many people scrambling. It was hotter than usual even for her shows but her voice seemed to benefit from it. The exterior of the Forum was very Madonna'd out. The crowd was very into the show. IMO she really gives a lot in LA; perhaps because of many industry friends & acquaintances watching. 

9 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

Isn’t this the first time Guy O has attended since the first 4 London shows?

I don't know if he was at any of the NY shows. He lives here in LA and so I imagine that's why he was there! He was in the mixing booth...Mostly glued to his phone or talking to the doctor - I'm not a stalker, but I did keep looking his way to see what he was up to! :lol: He spent a lot of time looking back around the arena to gauge people's energy on different songs. He seemed very impressed that so many people knew the lyrics to Mother and Father! It was definitely a crowd filled with more than casual fans...People were singing a lot, and you could hear their voices throughout the show. 

Last night was my lower tier show to see the whole thing...It's overwhelming how the lighting and dancers create the entire mood! So much to see when you want to have your eyes fixed on M, but this was my chance to see the concept from a distance. Tonight it's the pit, baby! I'm gonna be scrutinizing her real life beauty so that it's etched in my brain to counter the Ricardo lens we have all gotten used to! I know we all say it over and over again, and I have seen Madonna live or in real life at least 40 times since I was a kid, but she is smaller than ever! She literally has the frame of a child, and without substantial heels, it really hits home. I was mesmerized by her personality last night. She is warmer than ever, and her joy is palpable. 

The bass is insane on this tour. I literally felt the hairs on my arms violently moving with the synth swish of Live To Tell pre-final verse. It was like a blast of wind traversed the arena. I couldn't tell if that was intentional, like some kind of immersive emotional experience! 

Bob came on dragging LA for how much botox he was seeing. He's right...We normalize cosmetic enhancements here in a way that makes a lot of people look positively ghoulish when seen outside of this bubble! Madonna, on the other hand, looked far less enhanced in person than I expected. Even her ass looks totally normal in the flesh! 

I have three more chances to see her up close. Tonight I'm going alone, which can feel weird to me as I get a little shy unless I know people, but at least I won't have to listen to my very casual fan friends' commentary throughout! I kid...They were a delight last night and they were awestruck. Their main takeaway was how emotional the concert was...that it made them realize how pivotal Madonna's influence had been in their own sexual and emotional development (they're lesbians and so early 90s M was an awakening for them)...Madonna is amazing. I wish the masses would appreciate her more! 

P.S. The Michael Jackson thing seems to be a hit with the general audience. They definitely love it visually as they all pull out their phones to record it. I love that she still cues the audience with Wanna Be Starting Something before the show begins and they play an instrumental of The Power of Goodbye as people exit.