The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

7 hours ago, DanM said:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C51MhLjAXTT/?igsh=ZnNhb2E4YjRsc3I4
I’m not sure it was posted but she is supposedly rehearsing a Brazilian Funk inspired version of Music in place of DCFMA?

This is interesting ... I don't know how could it work honestly, as the meaning and the mood of the set was pretty coherent with DCFMA, but Music would really deserve her spot in the show. I would love it to be the finale guys, it's so much her place getting the playa jumping and screaming :hearteyes:

ANYWAY, starting by that, I have a curiosity now, whoever will be so kind to answer :cute: The Celebration tour is basically perfect and (except the Take a bow catastrophe of course: #copacabanaforrain ) I never wanted to add stupid personal stuff to spoil the experience and the joy everybody felt in these months. At the same time, the tour is ending now and I'm very curious to know: if you could change, add, cut just two things to arrange the show to your personal taste even more, what would they be? Just two, in the structure M wanted and created for her show.

Mine are (considering Rain or Frozen for the last segment, as originally conceived)

1. Cutting BIM and getting to Music when she gets the central stage, dancing it with all the cast for a bigger and more impactful finale
  2. I'm a great supporter and fan of the 80% of Madame X and I think that the catholic religion segment should have been a little longer. So after LAP I would have loved a one minute and a half performance of Dark Ballet, with Christ and the damned souls becoming oppressors on her. I think the sound of the Act of Contriction reversed choir and the Prince's electric guitar solo entering on the dramatic piano closing of Dark Ballet would have created an even more powerful effect of pain, violence and sacredness.

33 minutes ago, stefo said:

This is interesting ... I don't know how could it work honestly, as the meaning and the mood of the set was pretty coherent with DCFMA, but Music would really deserve her spot in the show. I would love it to be the finale guys, it's so much her place getting the playa jumping and screaming :hearteyes:

ANYWAY, starting by that, I have a curiosity now, whoever will be so kind to answer :cute: The Celebration tour is basically perfect and (except the Take a bow catastrophe of course: #copacabanaforrain ) I never wanted to add stupid personal stuff to spoil the experience and the joy everybody felt in these months. At the same time, the tour is ending now and I'm very curious to know: if you could change, add, cut just two things to arrange the show to your personal taste even more, what would they be? Just two, in the structure M wanted and created for her show.

Mine are (considering Rain or Frozen for the last segment, as originally conceived)

1. Cutting BIM and getting to Music when she gets the central stage, dancing it with all the cast for a bigger and more impactful finale
  2. I'm a great supporter and fan of the 80% of Madame X and I think that the catholic religion segment should have been a little longer. So after LAP I would have loved a one minute and a half performance of Dark Ballet, with Christ and the damned souls becoming oppressors on her. I think the sound of the Act of Contriction reversed choir and the Prince's electric guitar solo entering on the dramatic piano closing of Dark Ballet would have created an even more powerful effect of pain, violence and sacredness.

Yeah, many people suggest she should change the finale for the Copacabana show, and I agree. I'm not fond of the current tour finale, it wouldn't suffice for such a major event.

Everyone agrees that Music is the ideal song for a finale. I can picture a million people singing, "Music makes the people come together." It would be incredible! 

And I will be there, so I hope this is what she's doing for the finale!

It's the perfect song for a large audience.

2 minutes ago, MDNA22 said:

Yeah I thin piano is mimed too lol 

Not mimed. There are just few notes. And maybe the sound is not even a piano. 

I attended a show behind Mercy and I'm sure it was her playing. I used to play the piano when I was a kid and I would recognize if she was faking it

9 hours ago, stefo said:

1 - I guess... all in all, for me... #justiceforexpressyourself. 

2 - I completely understand the message behind LAP... but it just didn't deserve to be so damn short. And same with Vogue. I GET the theme... But this was a hard blow. 

Again, I GET the theme, and I loved every second of it. She is insanely theatrical, and it showed. Unfortunately the theatrics ultimately sacrificed two of her most massively acclaimed hits in this show, that deserved a full track.

But slay get it mama.

35 minutes ago, Andymad said:

1 - I guess... all in all, for me... #justiceforexpressyourself. 

2 - I completely understand the message behind LAP... but it just didn't deserve to be so damn short. And same with Vogue. I GET the theme... But this was a hard blow. 

Again, I GET the theme, and I loved every second of it. She is insanely theatrical, and it showed. Unfortunately the theatrics ultimately sacrificed two of her most massively acclaimed hits in this show, that deserved a full track.

But slay get it mama.

I know,  many people feel like EY deserved a performance in full mode and I understand what you mean about the imaginary of it. At the same time, you know, I always felt that the positive vibes of the album version had something special and this acoustic so unexpected and nicely executed folk version makes me feel it in a way. So, personally, I'm ok also with the acoustic tribute we got. Definitely agree about LAP and, as I wrote in my post, about the time dedicated to the catholic theme.

Thanks for your answer man, I'm in a closing mood with this tour and I think that final feelings and opinions are the most interesting ones, cause we completely know and understand the project and at the same time it's not passed and old yet :cute:

2 hours ago, FraP said:

Not mimed. There are just few notes. And maybe the sound is not even a piano. 

I attended a show behind Mercy and I'm sure it was her playing. I used to play the piano when I was a kid and I would recognize if she was faking it

Of course, she is playing.  Some are making more of this than it is.  It's not impossible to think she isn't playing "Bad GIrl" along with recorded backing.  Just like Madonna singing along with her recorded vocals.  I don't understand why this must be an issue?  Mercy obviously is a great pianist!  I'm certain she's playing her solo part.  That is the whole point of her feature, which many are failing to acknowledge.  Her performance leads into "Bad Girl" which no doubt includes a full backing instrumental and vocal which both Madonna and Mercy are performing to.  Therefore, she's playing along with a recording. Madonna is singing along with a vocal recording.  It doesn't mean she isn't playing live or Madonna isn't singing live.  So what? She took a moment to fix her hair.   It's not a hard concept to comprehend that she joined in after doing so. :)

26 minutes ago, stefo said:

I know,  many people feel like EY deserved a performance in full mode and I understand what you mean about the imaginary of it. At the same time, you know, I always felt that the positive vibes of the album version had something special and this acoustic so unexpected and nicely executed folk version makes me feel it in a way. So, personally, I'm ok also with the acoustic tribute we got. Definitely agree about LAP and, as I wrote in my post, about the time dedicated to the catholic theme.

Thanks for your answer man, I'm in a closing mood with this tour and I think that final feelings and opinions are the most interesting ones, cause we completely know and understand the project and at the same time it's not passed and old yet :cute:

You know I was almost certain she would have done the album version, after Miley's Pandemic Pride concert she did and everyone raved about it. And I always detested accoustic versions of EY. But I must say, seeing it in person on this tour and the lights and her mood... it was definitely something special that I'll never forget. So I guess I did get my EY after all :)

14 minutes ago, Andymad said:

You know I was almost certain she would have done the album version, after Miley's Pandemic Pride concert she did and everyone raved about it. And I always detested accoustic versions of EY. But I must say, seeing it in person on this tour and the lights and her mood... it was definitely something special that I'll never forget. So I guess I did get my EY after all :)

I agree.  There is a huge difference between what is seen live and on video?  At the same time, those of us who experience her live (or any artist live), are in the moment.  We pretty much dismiss the flaws and imperfections.  But it's easy for us to pick out those same imperfections when just viewing a video recording.  At the end of the day, I give most artists a pass when it comes to LIVE performances because you never know what affected them that day or their personal healthy if not the environment has played part in how they deliver a performance.  Any silly altercation backstage could set off any artist to seem like they might be in a bad mood.  It doesn't mean they were intentionally trying to be nasty or come off bad. Every band/artist has experience this and I think most people are forgiving of this and don't really care.

23 minutes ago, Andymad said:

Loved this, thanks :Madonna005:

52 minutes ago, Donna said:

We pretty much dismiss the flaws and imperfections.

This part is so true. Hearing kinda iffy vocal takes on YouTube throughout some performances... when you're there in the moment you don't pay attention to that. The energy you feel just overtakes your senses and she could sount like shit and it would still be the best night of your life. 

7 minutes ago, Andymad said:

This part is so true. Hearing kinda iffy vocal takes on YouTube throughout some performances... when you're there in the moment you don't pay attention to that. The energy you feel just overtakes your senses and she could sount like shit and it would still be the best night of your life. 

We also understand that the microphones of a phone are shit right?, the uneven surfaces and environment, the way the sound travels is extremely different and complex, not at all as the way light behaves. 

When was the last time you heard new and improved microphones on your new iPhone??? 

While image can pretty easily be captured, sound is not, so before being forgiving we must think about physics for example… 

3 minutes ago, Pedro Beltran said:

We also understand that the microphones of a phone are shit right?, the uneven surfaces and environment, the way the sound travels is extremely different and complex, not at all as the way light behaves. 

When was the last time you heard new and improved microphones on your new iPhone??? 

While image can pretty easily be captured, sound is not, so before being forgiving we must think about physics for example… 

I mean sure. To be quite honest sound captured on iPhone 15 Pro Max is pretty freakin amazing, considering what's built in. I don't honestly think the imperfections captured are false at all. If anything they highten the imperfections. My CT videos are as clear as day vocally. You can hear everything - as well as every imperfection vocally.

What I meant was, when you're attending the show, in person, you don't think of that. As a vocalist myself I didn't think of that. In the moment it's so surreal you don't even hear it. Everything you see and hear in that moment is perfection. Maybe its me lol.