And So It Begins…

societysboy

What censorship laws?!  The ONLY time  concert venue curfews are a problem is when Madonna tours here and she cannot start on time. It has been like this since MDNA. It's not the venue's fault, or the UK's fault, it's Madonna and her team's fault. They know exactly what needs to be done.

Why they are having technical issues moments before the show starts and during it is a mystery. They've been rehearsing this for months!  If this show started at 8pm she'd have a whole hour to play with if something goes wrong, instead of having to cut songs.

• societysboy changed the title to And So It Begins…

I was there both nights, and personally I think Bitch I'm Madonna is very important in the show. It's like the end of the story. Rain cant be the closing number... for a moment I was expecting another no audio/no lights performance like in Glasgow.

Also, the Billy Jean LAV moment is one of the best interludes shes ever done.

Cut the boring deejay and test the sound system an hour more...

9 hours ago, McDonna said:

A bit Dramatic, don't you think?  Second show in. Most people aren't even sure what the full set list really consists of.  No set list was promised and she still put on a two hour show.  For me, it's not a huge loss as if we were to go by last night's show,  we only are missing the Like A Virgin./Billie Jean interlude and Bitch, I'm Madonna.  She doesn't even sing Like A Virgin live.  Bitch, I'm Madonna isn't a well known song by Madonna anyway. Also many artists change up their set lists throughout their tours.  This isn't highly abnormal.

I say let's see what happens with the next few shows before going into a meltdown mode.  She still offered a 2 hour show and tonight's performances were quite amazing!! 

Excuse the curiosity. Are you a lawyer? If you are then Madonna should hire you. You are good when it comes to defending her and not only in this case but in others that have been discussed before in the forum. You were already convincing me with your arguments but I remembered the concepts of what is fair and what is unfair and that is why I cannot be in the group of those who take this injustice lightly. Not on this occasion.

6 hours ago, Honey Little said:

First of all, no one should expect an encore at any concert. It’s a free occasional gift to fans. The show officially ends at Rain. And the mashup at the end is an encore. - a free gift if she is feeling generous.

Personally, I would rather the show end with Oh Father rather than Rain.

Free? Are you on smack? I paid £500 to see this, I expect the full show that everyone else at every other date gets.

I expect her to be late. I don’t expect to come away feeling shortchanged.

Guys please don't overreact.

I was really really really disappointed to miss the last part of the show. It's not technically an encore as there is the Michael Jackson interlude. Anyway, this tour tells the story of Madonna - the beginnings in the 80s, the erotica years, the family days - so it can't end with Rain. Bitch I'm Madonna and LUV are like the celebration of who she is.

I don't want to blame anyone, but I wouldn't send an anathem against England...

48 minutes ago, Enrico said:

Guys please don't overreact.

I was really really really disappointed to miss the last part of the show. It's not technically an encore as there is the Michael Jackson interlude. Anyway, this tour tells the story of Madonna - the beginnings in the 80s, the erotica years, the family days - so it can't end with Rain. Bitch I'm Madonna and LUV are like the celebration of who she is.

I don't want to blame anyone, but I wouldn't send an anathem against England...

You went to opening night???