Rupaul's feud with Madonna

43 minutes ago, xavier said:

From his book

676-FB290-1171-49-C3-BFEF-FEE13-B761-ADD

56 minutes ago, EgoRod said:

There's no way that BNN article has been written by a person. It's like the most AI BS ever.

This article: Rupaul and Madonna Have an opinion about each other in the 80s , 40 years later we are making a sensationalist article about it because we need some clickbait.

Exactly!  The question is...  has anyone actually read the book or his actual comments in context of the book?  All I am seeing is an article which is "quoting" him out of context, making it sound like it's shade.  I don't believe for a second he was shading her or trying to give her a back handed compliment.  It's just weird how some people will take things out of context and assume some "feud" is going on when it's not.  And no doubt, the people publishing these excerpts to imply something more is going on, are just trying to generate attention... "clickbait" as you perfectly stated.

WHY IS QUEERTY ALWAYS SO AFTER MADONNA ? Shouldn't they focus on being a good lgbt media instead of low cost ATRL page ? All their articles are pure shit.

As for Ru Paul i don't have time for transphobes. I used to like him in 93 before i heard the stories so when i see him giving his silly facebook memes words of wisdom about loving each other, it makes me laugh. Except for Michelle Visage and celebrities who don't work with him, you won't hear nice things about Ru Paul...the latest is how he turned down giving money to the Pyramid Club project, a documentary about the Pyramid Club where modern drag was born made by actual people from that scene. I've been told it may be because he does not want people to know that he did not create drag and don't want to aknowledge Lady Bunny and others. The same person, who was a regular in the 80's, told me that Martin was a regular and he even had a drag character, Martin was friendly with everybody, everybody loved him, ecxcept Ru who tried to push a friendship with him because he wanted to gel close to Madonna as this was 1985/86, when she exploded. That same person also told me that in fact Ru and Madonna were the same ambitious, nasty, interested, calculating bitches except Madonna was more fierce and astute. A lot of people from that scene tried to force a friendship on Madonna's then friends to get close to her. When they did not get what they wanted, they trashed her in the rags. Same happened to Keith & Jean-Michel...

Well that's another scorpio for you..i wonder if Visage will adress this in her BBC show.

I'm a journalist and i have worked extensively on the NY downtown scene from the early 80's, i have interviewed a lot of people from that era for a book the editor finally thought it would not interest people (it was 20 yo ago), i'm adding this to source my info as it's not something i made up. 

He's always said he bows down to her as far as the work goes, but that she's a mean girl.

The funny thing is many people say the same about Ms. Paul😏

He may say he doesn't want to appeal to 11-25 year olds, but the people running his show definitely do. And it's watered it all the way down in the process. 

I wanted M on Drag Race so bad for the first 10 seasons. I'm good now. 

That's disappointing and surprising. Diana Ross, one of his biggest idols, did an arena tour last year at the age of 78. Tina Turner, another huge idol of his, did her last arena tour at the age of 69. Not to mention the fact that Ru himself is only marginally younger than M, and still goes through the hassle of putting on tons of make up, corsets, wigs, high heels, etc, in the name of performance. The lack of self-awareness here is quite remarkable. 

What a coincidence that RuPaul has a book to sell. Using Madonna’s name for attention.
Also judging her for performing Arena’s? Coming from a guy who has milked the Drag Race format so much that he has become a caricature of himself. 
He must hate that she’s good friends with Bob and probrably doesn’t even recall meeting Ru 😂

1 hour ago, kesiak said:

That's disappointing and surprising. Diana Ross, one of his biggest idols, did an arena tour last year at the age of 78. Tina Turner, another huge idol of his, did her last arena tour at the age of 69. Not to mention the fact that Ru himself is only marginally younger than M, and still goes through the hassle of putting on tons of make up, corsets, wigs, high heels, etc, in the name of performance. The lack of self-awareness here is quite remarkable. 

I did not know that. Knowing that this person criticizes in Madonna what he praises in others made it cross my mind that it could be a case of racism. And there would be nothing strange since racism also occurs towards white people, although to a lesser extent. And to be honest, I sometimes think that this might be one of the reasons why Madonna is so disliked by many people in the United States: Considering Janet Jackson as the Queen of pop instead of Madonna, not inviting her to sing We are the World and then giving implausible excuses to justify it, the gratuitous dislike that Michael Jackson had for her, ignoring her legacy as an artist in various media , etc.

It is simply the perception that I have as a Latin American about this singular antipathy that I see that many people have towards Madonna in her own country. And I don't think I'm the only one. However, I cannot confirm anything because I was not born in the United States nor was I present during the development of events, that is, from the appearance of Madonna on the American music scene until today. However, I have every right to have my own theories about the strange case of a country that, instead of unanimously venerating and idolizing an artist as great as Madonna, minimizes and ignores her legacy in favor of other artists. Strange but true.

6 minutes ago, animalinstinct said:

What a coincidence that RuPaul has a book to sell. Using Madonna’s name for attention.

I bet she doesn’t even recall meeting him. 

So why wouldn't he? She's definitely been an influence in his life.  He's a huge star himself.  Remember, this is a book about himself, so even though he mentions Madonna, in the grand scheme of things, it's just a small part of it.  No doubt the media and those interest will chime in an make it more than what it is. 

I think we have to move past the idea that Madonna will be mentioned in a lot of people's biographies and if she did one herself, there would be others who will criticize anyone she mentions that could be construed in a negative way.  I honestly don't' believe RuPaul has ill feelings about Madonna.  Though, it doesn't surprise me that some would try to make something more than what is. 

3 minutes ago, McDonna said:

So why wouldn't he? She's definitely been an influence in his life.  He's a huge star himself.  Remember, this is a book about himself, so even though he mentions Madonna, in the grand scheme of things, it's just a small part of it.  No doubt the media and those interest will chime in an make it more than what it is. 

I think we have to move past the idea that Madonna will be mentioned in a lot of people's biographies and if she did one herself, there would be others who will criticize anyone she mentions that could be construed in a negative way.  I honestly don't' believe RuPaul has ill feelings about Madonna.  Though, it doesn't surprise me that some would try to make something more than what is. 

He’s definitely thrown shade toward her before.

When he was interviewed on the Graham Norton show, 

“she was a fan of no-one’s but Madonna’s…”

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0br8j67

39 minutes ago, animalinstinct said:

He’s definitely thrown shade toward her before.

When he was interviewed on the Graham Norton show, 

“she was a fan of no-one’s but Madonna’s…”

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0br8j67

Still, I don't believe he's that bothered by her and I think this is more about selling a book.  Even Madonna knows "juicy tidbits" even though they aren't exactly accurate tend to attract attention. I'm not too bothered by what his book says about her. I think he's a fan and more than not this is about selling books.  

2 hours ago, McDonna said:

Still, I don't believe he's that bothered by her and I think this is more about selling a book.  Even Madonna knows "juicy tidbits" even though they aren't exactly accurate tend to attract attention. I'm not too bothered by what his book says about her. I think he's a fan and more than not this is about selling books.  

If the only way you can sell your book is whatever this bullshit is, then it must not be good enough to sell on its own merits. 

4 minutes ago, adirondak said:

If the only way you can sell your book is whatever this bullshit is, then it must not be good enough to sell on its own merits. 

But again, you're basing this off of one small quote, that you haven't read in the context of the actual book.  It's only pissing some fan's off because some are allowing the media and themselves to take it out of context.  The fact is; the book will sell well no mater what we think.  So maybe rather just assume what articles and the media interpret for us, we should actually read the book or at least the actual section that addresses Madonna's mention, rather depend on the click bait nonsense that this has become. 

52 minutes ago, McDonna said:

But again, you're basing this off of one small quote, that you haven't read in the context of the actual book.  It's only pissing some fan's off because some are allowing the media and themselves to take it out of context.  The fact is; the book will sell well no mater what we think.  So maybe rather just assume what articles and the media interpret for us, we should actually read the book or at least the actual section that addresses Madonna's mention, rather depend on the click bait nonsense that this has become. 

I don't care about Rupaul enough to read his book. I'm just saying all the press I've seen for it has been centered on his Madonna quotes. 

8 hours ago, Pootz333 said:

He may say he doesn't want to appeal to 11-25 year olds, but the people running his show definitely do. And it's watered it all the way down in the process. 

The show is targeted toward young bitchy gays under 40. Sadly RP is projecting because everything that bugs him about Madonna is true of himself.