Life with my sister Madonna - what's your opinion?

I'm reading it again, after some years, and I find it to be quite interesting. It's nice to see M through Christopher's lens, as he was always beside her in everything she did and can give us a full insight that some other biographies just can't because the author, obviously, didn't lived with her.

I know there's some people who really dislike the book, as in some points he paint her as quite bitchy - but after all, isn't she a diva and we all know that and still love her? 

It's quite fun to see him dismistify the mith that she went to NY with only 35 bucks on her pocket and a dream, but regarding this I prefer to pretend that this story's real and when someone asks me something about her or her history I always tell this hahaha.

Also for me it's a book that once you start reading you just don't want to stop 'cause you want to know more more and more about everything that happened since the early days til stardom.

19 minutes ago, rlittler81 said:

It painted him in a worse light than her. The main takeaway was that she is a bit tight with her money which we already knew. He came out of it as an entitled wannabe who blamed her for everything.

I was a bit shocked over the fact she used to sent 500 bucks to Elsie (or Nanoo) for month, but it's her money anyway and she does whatever she wants. 

In this point I feel like he tried to paint her not only adstight with money, but as someone who didn't care even for someone so close as her grandma. Big mistake of him, cause she can do whatever she wants and, as himself said, Nanoo would never say anything and to her this amount of money was enough - she wouldn't ask for less or more.

Yes, in some points I feel he wrote things resentful of her - like this excerpt about Nanoo

Was it cool that he wrote a book about his sister? No. Did she deserve a bit of humbling after years of mistreatment? Probably.

She often abused their working relationship, and knew she could get away with it by allowing him to bask in her spotlight as the supplement.

There's a reason why Silvio chose to support Christopher regarding the book's release, despite Madonna's pleas to the both of them.

I enjoyed the book for all of the insights that only her closest brother could share, and didn't even think it was that scathing.

3 hours ago, rlittler81 said:

It painted him in a worse light than her. The main takeaway was that she is a bit tight with her money which we already knew. He came out of it as an entitled wannabe who blamed her for everything.

My main takeaway was that he became a drug addict. This was the main reason she treated him in ways he did not like, and it’s hilarious he seemed oblivious yet for us, the reader it’s extremely obvious. She was clearly trying to help him by not repeatedly handing him everything. She gave him opportunities but he was never able to do anything on his own.

And let’s face it, while he may have had creative talents this man would never have done an ounce of the things he did without Madonna giving him those opportunities. The way he betrayed her is sad because they had such a great relationship back in the day. Perhaps Guy Ritchie contributed to the rift between them but if he’d been a decent brother they could have mended things by now.

I'm sure all of us with siblings could see the book for what it was...a pissed off sibling who wanted to tattle tale. I'm sure my brother or sister could write their own book about me with facts but of course tone is EVERYTHING. i am sure she could write an even more awful tell all on him. The fact she was willing to pay for his rehab and him saying he didnt need it was sadly very telling. I guess one thing that also made me very sad was that while Guy Ritchie didnt start their issues you could tell he was the camel that broke the camels back and really dimmed her light. I guess us Madonna fans are lucky she only wore a Mrs Ritchie jacket to his premeire and not name an album after him or name a tour after him.

3 hours ago, rlittler81 said:

Yes, Christopher is just a brother with traumas he has do deal with :lol:

10 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

From what others have said the two of them are quite similar . 

I mean without being a narc, im sure its the same with my siblings. What he did wasn't cool. We all know Madonna isnt an angel but writing a tell all on your sibling is just gross...however I did finish the book in 2 days haha...but what's funny is that he starts off talking about performing Holiday at the Girlie Show talking about the disco ball and describing it and you slowly begin to realize he's mistaken the performance of Express Yourself for Holiday lol

Another interesting bit is he actually begins to go into the Ray of Light tour and their plans. The premise was the tree of life and it was going to change seasons for every segment. What struck me about this was before RIT there was a rumor that she was going to open RIT with skin and have the tree if life change seasons! So i kinda wonder who started that rumor!

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

but what's funny is that he starts off talking about performing Holiday at the Girlie Show talking about the disco ball and describing it and you slowly begin to realize he's mistaken the performance of Express Yourself for Holiday lol

Yes there are a few errors like that.

@Lucas B., sorry for not having answered your question properly.

I FUCKING TRULY ADORE LIFE WITH MY SISTER MADONNA!!!

I have earned much more respect for Madonna after this book and I TRULY hope all Chris tells bout ha is true!!!! Gosh I have no patience to cry baby boys!!!! Having a bitch of a sister surely does WONDERS to my fucking bitch ego!!!

After all, IT'S A FAMILY AFFAIR, KEEP IT, KEEP IT TOGETHER!!!

I know who I am

Do you know who you are?

O mundo é selvagem

O caminho é solitário... Hehe...

Course it was a good read to get the tea but he got so many facts years albums tours wrong its like hed put together his vision/memories thats all burred because of the drugs. He became an addict needing more money and even ripping her off with the paintings which she clicked on to it incase it was get more money for drugs. 

We know from her past and friends being in rehabs and hospitals she's paid for and some died.  She didnt want Chris to go that way and was a bitch to him. Guy obviously clashed with him too. He wanted to be like her partner and have money he'd hate Guy anyway (Both are dicks).  She gave him SO many opportunities yet he twists them like an entitled brat.   He didnt talk about her charities or being at peoples bedsides in hospitals. (Something he wouldnt do)

Good book but I wouldnt trust half the details because there's so many things he got mixed up.  He's a fucked up bitch of a brother that shouldnt the be the pot calling the kettle black and making money off it!   He basically wanted to snort coke with A listers and stay in the same life hotels and live the as level as them. He thought he was.   

Cunt. 

I really enjoyed the deep insight in her early years. He praised her more than he bitched about her, but it still shocks me how horrible she treated him when he was desssing her in her first 3 tours. Of course she was rushed and stressed in between sets but the way she screamed at him was disappointing. He seemed to really enjoy the entire time they were on the road with The Girlie Show, I think he even said that's when he felt closest to her. 

I can't believe she took his ideas from the planned ROL Tour and used them for the DWT. :laughing:

4 minutes ago, musicinferno said:

I really enjoyed the deep insight in her early years. He praised her more than he bitched about her, but it still shocks me how horrible she treated him when he was desssing her in her first 3 tours. Of course she was rushed and stressed in between sets but the way she screamed at him was disappointing. He seemed to really enjoy the entire time they were on the road with The Girlie Show, I think he even said that's when he felt closest to her. 

I can't believe she took his ideas from the planned ROL Tour and used them for the DWT. :laughing:

"The Pope" also knows it best.

Guys Ritchies response about the book. 

Ritchie also commented regarding accusations by Ciccone about him being a homophobe, saying: "I don't make anything of the book. The poor chap wrote it out of desperation. I don't think it'd be intelligent to comment on that. I can't give too much equity in what the chap's gonna write in that book. But you'd be hard pushed to be a homophobe and marry Madonna."