Songs that you think that could be avoided forever on her next gigs / tours

A song I don't like the "post-2000 Madonna" singing is "xpress Yourself. For some reason, I don't enjoy her more recent vocals on this song. I absolutely love Vogue and Like a Prayer, but I wouldn't mind if she gave them a break. The same goes for Human Nature, although I do love all the performances she's done of it. I don't understand the fascination with Burning Up, especially since it's always the same performance.

I love when she balance what fans want with the general public expectations, Celebration Tour is a good example. The next time she can skip La Isla Bonita, Burning Up and Human Nature. But she can bring Secret, 4 Minutes, Sorry, Borderline, songs a lot of people love but we don't see very often.

Having a band on stage with live instruments would be awesome. I hope she focus on vocals as well, I love her voice in Celebration but sometimes the backing track was too loud. On her next tour, she might have a new album to promote too. She usually don't do many ballads but after "Bad Girl" and "Rain" recently, I think The Power Of Good-Bye and You'll See would be a dream.

10 hours ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

Candy Shop

really?

I mean as a song itself I may agree that it's not that impressed song and the performance of S&S tour was just meh performance.

But!!

I really really really love MDNA tour candy shop performance and I also really like Rebel heart tour performance too.

performance of Candy shop from MDNA tour is the best performance of Mdna tour and not just that tour I can easily pick that it is one of best performance of her tour career. (Not THE Best, I mean One of best)

So I'm really looking forward to another tour version performance of Candy shop.

I would much rather see Hollywood, Sorry and Give It 2 Me, even Girl Gone Wild on the next tour over Bitch I'm Madonna or I Don't Search I Find. Not because I dislike them, I just feel they've had their moment. I also think decade 3 of her career doesn't get given the spotlight it deserves sometimes. 

Burning Up.
I like it, but enough. It's not a big hit or a statement song and we don't need a performance on guitar for the fourth time. Do something else.

I don't mind Isla, Vogue, Prayer... I would prefer others, but we know Madonna...

Forever:

Burning Up
The Beast Within
Human Nature
Candy Shop
Bitch I'm Madonna

For the next tour at least (Not all of them because they are her biggest hits but they are the ones that are by far her most "overperformed"):

Holiday
La Isla Bonita
Like A Prayer
Vogue
Hung Up

Singles that are more than welcome to make an appearance:

Lucky Star
Physical Attraction
Borderline
Like A Virgin
Material Girl
Dress You Up
Gambler
Papa Don't Preach
Who's That Girl
Causing A Commotion
Express Yourself
Cherish
Oh Father
Keep It Together
Rescue Me
Deeper And Deeper
Fever
I'll Remember
Secret
Take A Bow
You'll See
The Power Of Good-Bye
Beautiful Stranger
Music
Hollywood
Love Profusion
Sorry
Get Together
Jump
Give It 2 Me
Girl Gone Wild
Living For Love
Ghosttown

Non-Singles I would personally love to hear at some point in the future:

Spanish Eyes
Till Death Do Us Part
Words
Sanctuary
Forbidden Love ('94)
I Want You
Skin
Swim
To Have And Not To Hold
Has To Be
Time Stood Still
Amazing
Impressive Instant
Intervention
Easy Ride
Beat Goes On
Heartbeat
She's Not Me
Falling Free
Love Spent

Cover versions have got to go. I hate every time she stands up there on stage and wastes precious space on a set list to do a cover song. It's boring. She has enough in her catalogue that she can work through, but it's her show and if she feels her own songs can't fill that gap, that's her right. 

10 hours ago, nito84bcn said:

I think Bitch I'm Madonna has to stay. It the closest thing that she had to an organic big hit on the 2010's, and only performed in 2 tours...

We also have to keep in mind, since MDNA she hasn't really had a commercial hit.  And GMAYL is a big stretch, since it was only promoted for the week of the Superbowl and then radio dropped from their playlist immediately.  Therefore, her albums now, she can pick and choose what songs she feels are her favorites and turn them into classics.  I agree Bitch I'm Madonna deserves to be part of her future set lists as an iconic song in her catalog.  It's who she is.  Some fans may not like Candy Shop, but it's a song she loves and while it wasn't really a song I originally liked, she really hooked me with the Rebel Heart Live performance. So my guess she's gonna always pick and choose songs she wants to be remembered in her catalog. 

At the end of the day, most of her tours have been about her current release, so I'd expect her next tour based more on a new album. 

On 6/18/2024 at 8:38 AM, TheGoth said:

Cover versions have got to go. I hate every time she stands up there on stage and wastes precious space on a set list to do a cover song. It's boring. She has enough in her catalogue that she can work through, but it's her show and if she feels her own songs can't fill that gap, that's her right. 

I don't mind the occasional cover, only because it's another song to add to the repertoire.  I like hearing her own stuff too, obviously, but I have all of her released songs, so any newness is always welcome.