Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere

Bat-Fan

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could never judge a Madonna tour that I never had the chance to see live. 

so you dont have opinions on Madonna tours you didn't see live? if you can find merit on them then you can find faults too, it goes both ways.

don't particularly LOVE Rebel Heart Tour as a show, a lot of it seems rushed. Those "proposed" Moment Factory backdrops seem to confirm for some reason they didn't have enough time.

I appreciate her beautiful vocals and her attitude of course, it saved the tour for me.

Of course I want it to get released and in full. I understand a lot of people love this tour and had the experience of seeing it live which is extra special and perhaps their taste differs from mine and that's just fine. I don't love the WTG Tour, GS Tour or DWT either.

The only one I like more than I should cos i'm biased is S&S, cos I saw it live. lol It had bad vocals but the production values were amazing.

don't particularly LOVE Rebel Heart Tour as a show, a lot of it seems rushed. Those "proposed" Moment Factory backdrops seem to confirm for some reason they didn't have enough time.

But the tour was announced six months before it kicked off, I think it was the biggest gap ever for a Madonna tour, so they most likely had the time. Plus "not having enough time" never equals "we don't have ideas", the problem is they wanted to do a safe show with tried-and-true themes and arrangements, which had already been done with the Re-Invention Tour...

But the tour was announced six months before it kicked off, I think it was the biggest gap ever for a Madonna tour, so they most likely had the time. Plus "not having enough time" never equals "we don't have ideas", the problem is they wanted to do a safe show with tried-and-true themes and arrangements, which had already been done with the Re-Invention Tour...

Madonna herself gave the excuse of not having enough time when they pushed back the first few dates. Granted, it was probably just an excuse,, and the fact they teased Hold Tight yet it wasn't used, and the S.E.X backdrop probably was meant to contain more new footage yet its mostly made from an old video, it's just many odd things, the repurposed Ghosttown video for the Messiah backdrop is another thing. As a whole, it doesn't seem as flowy as she can make a show either.

I really think Re-Invention Tour is her masterpiece, she re-did things with a totally forward thinking mindset and brought a lot of new to the table. It didn't feel old, it felt timeless. While RHT does give me that "been there done that" vibe a bit.

Actually I love this tour, doesn't seem rushed to me at all, the flow of the setlist is great, if a bit weird at the end with CS and UB. I actually really like the backdrops in this one, to me they are more simple on purpose, not competing with what's happening on stage and unifying all the segments in a nice way giving more attention to the performance which was outstanding!

The only thing that puzzled me were the Messiah and SEX interludes, they seemed to be a bit out of place and on their own, not like Illuminati, which was a perfect intro to that section.

Also, and here comes the blasphemy, I'm not sure about Iconic, it's great and all, but it's a bit, seen that, next! Which is only a testament to M's performance skills, 'cos she really doesn't need the fanfare as much.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the dvd release, I hope they keep the live feeling, without cutting too much to the videos.

Madonna herself gave the excuse of not having enough time when they pushed back the first few dates. Granted, it was probably just an excuse,, and the fact they teased Hold Tight yet it wasn't used, and the S.E.X backdrop probably was meant to contain more new footage yet its mostly made from an old video, it's just many odd things, the repurposed Ghosttown video for the Messiah backdrop is another thing. As a whole, it doesn't seem as flowy as she can make a show either.

I really think Re-Invention Tour is her masterpiece, she re-did things with a totally forward thinking mindset and brought a lot of new to the table. It didn't feel old, it felt timeless. While RHT does give me that "been there done that" vibe a bit.

But Hold Tight probably never made it through the workshop phase. All tours have songs that get replaced like I'm So Stupid on RIT and Some Girls on MDNAT, not sure why Hold Tight would be an argument here. As for the S.E.X. backdrop, isn't it possible she didn't like it in the end? Get Stupid & Nobody Knows Me videos weren't much more than that either...

But Hold Tight probably never made it through the workshop phase. All tours have songs that get replaced like I'm So Stupid on RIT and Some Girls on MDNAT, not sure why Hold Tight would be an argument here. As for the S.E.X. backdrop, isn't it possible she didn't like it in the end? Get Stupid & Nobody Knows Me videos weren't much more than that either...

get stupid and nobody knows me had way way more production than s.e.x. although i recently saw it in more detail and its not as simple as simple as i thought, but its not interesting either.

I respectfully disagree about RHT.  I thought it was pure brilliance.  Every aspect of the tour is set on a schedule, the push back doesn't mean the tour was rushed, there are too many variables involved or outside issues that have to be taken into account for too.  Thematically, I consider RHT one of her best and over time will be a classic.

I did on instagram and twitter :) her makeup artist liked my pictures of this fanmade digipack on instagram

Well then let's cross fingers!!!

Let's only hope we get a double cd AND a double dvd-disc including BOTH the full RHT and the full TOAC concert!

But I think you'll be happy to redefine the cover :wink:

I respectfully disagree about RHT.  I thought it was pure brilliance.  Every aspect of the tour is set on a schedule, the push back doesn't mean the tour was rushed, there are too many variables involved or outside issues that have to be taken into account for too.  Thematically, I consider RHT one of her best and over time will be a classic.

Of course I'm not saying for sure it was rushed, but to me it comes across that way, and I was just listing the different things that make me believe something happened during production. I might be wrong.

In the end it's not among my favourite tours simply because of the way it is. It's similar to Girlie Show Tour, a bigger focus on vintage (even then) themes and a bigger focus on her vocals, light and showgirly attitude. I get why other people love it though if they prefer that. 

While I find her lovely as a person in it, I don't find the show interesting. MDNA would probably be the opposite, she was quite serious in it mostly but the show was interesting to me. Others didn't like MDNA Tour as much and that's fine. 

• madgefan changed the title to Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere
  • madgefan pinned, pinned, pinned and pinned this topic
  • madgefan pinned this topic