Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere

Bat-Fan

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is still a little hope for changes.

Sometimes Amazon take the first tracklist they find and puts as final, and later they´re changing to the real.

It happens for example with the "Greatest Hits" from Spice Girls, they published that "Step to me" and "Tell me why" were on the CD, apart from the DVD they put "Move over", when we know that there is no video from this song.

I remember Madonna said on her facebook or instagram the show would be complete as it was cut especially for Showtime broadcast. I guess she was referring about Love don't live here anymore and Lucky Star. I don't know if in her mind Like a Prayer and Take a Bow is considered a part of the show. Anyway, in S&S DVD she chose 2 extras songs out of the original set list. Let's hope. 

You think they're going to edit it to be the exact same length?

I know people would think the Detroit boxing scene will be removed and intercut with another song but I doubt they'd make the effort to make 3:05 change.

I'm not saying it is any different, but I'm not saying it's the same because no one knows for sure.  The timing is definitely a give away that it's mostly like the Showtime broadcast.  But that certainly doesn't include any "extras" that might be tacked on. 

Another possibility  that Amazon's running time is incorrectly listed.  There have been times Amazon hasn't always been accurate especially when a new listing is made. I guess many are "wishfully hoping" it's somewhat different.  And if LDLHA isn't included, it won't ruin my experience, as there is so much more to this tour than just that inclusion.  Though, I certainly am curious why she felt the need to cut that?  I don't even see how timing would have been an issue when she could have easily tighten a few other areas up, to allow that part of the show to remain. 

Unless it was in one of those MDNA Skin interviews I didn't find much about being a longer edit.

I got the impression she thinks the full show ended up being 2 hours and 15 mins before any edits.  It makes sense to cut it down to 2 hours for broadcasts, but I'm still baffled why the DVD has to be the same?  Of course, there will be "extras" on it, but I just don't understand why they couldn't just re-add LDLHA..  Maybe she didn't like how she sounded or something?  It's just strange she would just cut this out when she knows this is a highlight for many fans? 

Oh well, it is what it is. Still, a great show with or without.

So there it is. It's the 1 hour and 59 minute SHOWTIME edit.

Haters will say it's fake.

Yes, because Amazon is the absolute authority on new release preorders, with the MOST specific information provided to them. I mean, there are still some listings that have much sought-after alternate cover of the MDNA Tour DVD. You know, the one with the tour program cover? 🤣

Has anyone gotten that one in the mail yet?

The press release for the Italian broadcast would be needlessly careful to point out the "entire show" would be broadcasted, no?

Let's see how the information comes in over the next 2 months.

She said in her instagram the show was missing some songs for Showtime broadcast, the complete show was 2h15min. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/BNx0lRhB1GP/?taken-by=madonna

yes but she never said it would be released complete. 

The way that caption is worded, leads me to believe there's no full edit of the show, she only did the one for Showtime.

why say this: 

We all have to make compromises. If you got to see he entire show LIVE then why complain??. Its still EPIC and Im very proud of it.

when she could've just said "wait until the DVD for the full version", it would've been a better defense against the negativity.

yes but she never said it would be released complete. 

The way that caption is worded, leads me to believe there's no full edit of the show, she only did the one for Showtime.

why say this: 

when she could've just said "wait until the DVD for the full version", it would've been a better defense against the negativity.

Because, I don't think she thinks about it to the level some fans do.  She's right though.  The Showtime edit is "Epic".  And I agree that she most likely just did an edit for Showtime.  However, she did state after the broadcast, she was editing the DVD, and then teased us with the Tears of the Clown clips.  In fact, I believe she mentioned she was editing the Extras, but if not I'm sure someone here will correct me.  Whatever the case, if it's just like the Showtime broadcast, I'll be just fine with it because as Madonna said, "It's still EPIC!"  :smile: 

Because, I don't think she thinks about it to the level some fans do.  

Yes but she was specifically responding to people that were complaining that the show wasn't full, so the obvious thing would have been to say wait until the DVD. 

I agree it's not a huge deal

The full show is 2hr and 15 mins is the total length of the footage they edited and then trimmed down to meet the broadcast time for Showtime.

That's what her caption is implying. She was responding to why songs were cut out from the broadcast and she's saying she trimmed bits to fit their schedule.

I won't bother saying nothing more because then "you should grateful, her vision, if you don't like etc" tends to follow.

• madgefan changed the title to Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere
  • madgefan pinned, pinned, pinned and pinned this topic
  • madgefan pinned this topic