Living For Love

Who's That Girl (Bonus)

Rebel Heart

Music

Candy Shop

Material Girl

La Vie En Rose (Bonus)

Holiday

This is in reference to the CT cd- 13 tracks w/2 bonus tracks (Get Together, Ray Of Light were the 2 bonus tracks for the digital release of CT)

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just started to watch a low quality version of the showtime broadcast for the very first time and I AM IN LOVE!!!

It's highly dynamic and entertaining.

it feels rewarding after the videos that seemed quite lackluster to me, in comparison to the live show.

it is not the live show experience, of course, but a full-blown new visual presentation of the show.

LOVE LOVE LOVE it.

can't wait for the actual release.

PS: and her butt is...H.O.T.

THEY DUBBED THE ACAPELLA FROM STICKY & SWEET TOUR.

i'll put my ear specially on this one, bc i loved that number.

also, i don't know if someone has pointed this out, but there will be a 2CD edition with the whole concert and no video disc, and the DVD and Blu-Ray will have a single CD with selections from the show.

we'll kick our heads trying to figure out which songs will make it to the companion CD for the video discs.

HIGHLIGHTS CD:

1 Iconic
2 Burning Up (although I fear we might get Bitch I'm Madonna)
3 Holy Water/Vogue
4 True Blue
5 Deeper And Deeper or HeartBreak City
6 Like A Virgin
7 Living For Love
8 Dress You Up (although La Isla Bonita is more possible)
9 Rebel Heart
10 Music/Candy Shop

11 Material Girl (unless Candy Shop is separated)

12 La Vie En Rose
13 Holiday

This selection includes 3 songs from each act + Holiday.

I hope they don't choose the Interludes.

If the cd is just an audio rip of the dvd, then Unapologetic Bitch with the long ending should be cut someway. But the song has always been lypsinched, so I wouldn't include it.

Of course I'd love to have If I had a hammer as a bonus track! :worship::nope:

01.- Intro/Iconic

02.- Bitch I'm Madonna

03.- Holy Water/Vogue

04.- True Blue

05.- Deeper And Deeper

06.- Like A Virgin

07.- Living For Love

08.- 80's Medley

09.- Rebel Heart

10.- Illuminati (Interlude)

11.- Music/Candy Shop

12.- Unapologetic Bitch

13.- Holiday

14.- If A Had A Hammer (Bonus Track)

This is pretty much spot on although they might replace Deeper And Deeper with HeartBreakCity, La Isla Bonita with Dress You Up and Candy Shop with Material Girl.

If the cd is just an audio rip of the dvd, then Unapologetic Bitch with the long ending should be cut someway. But the song has always been lypsinched, so I wouldn't include it.

This is not true. There is a difference between lypsynching and singing over a track, she is singing with the original track on the background and you can hear both voices (her live singing and the studio one) because her mic isn't unplugged.

Can someone reference the Confessions Tour CD track listing and build a Rebel Heart style 13 track CD...? I'm curious what everyone comes up with...

On a random note, has anyone else noticed the poor audio editing during Like A Virgin. It is SO OBVIOUS as a man with a trained audio production/music composition/sound design ear THEY DUBBED THE ACAPELLA FROM STICKY AND SWEET TOUR. DID THEY THINK THAT NO ONE WOULD NOTICE?! AH. SO FRUSTRATING.

OH MY GOD THANK YOU for pointing this out. Every time I listen to it I think "How many Madonnas are singing on this fucking thing!?" There's like 12 different lead vocals interspersed throughout, including (as you pointed out) the horribly over-autotuned vocals from S&S. Who was like, "YES. Yes, this is it. It is finished."

NOT to mention La Vie En Rose has some autotuning that is completely unnecessary because she KILLS it on the Chicago bootleg. Just use a recording from a show where she truly hit it out of the park! I don't understand the corner cutting and audio decisions on some of these tracks.

THAT being said, we haven't seen the final version, so hopefully some of this gets altered before the final release. And the vast majority of the tracks are pretty kick ass as they are. But we could start a whole thread to nitpick the little editing quirks.

This is not true. There is a difference between lypsynching and singing over a track, she is singing with the original track on the background and you can hear both voices (her live singing and the studio one) because her mic isn't unplugged.

Sorry you're right. But you can admit that in this particular song she basically always let the backing track go and only sung or screamed a few lines.

Anyway, to be totally honest, for a singer and musician to sing over a track is not really live singing. And the effect of the double voice is often ridiculous. That said, I am sorry that the sound and mix engineers don't let her real voice out, because she is not pretending she's singing (see Devil pray or Holy water), while almost everybody in the audience thinks she is.

Yes, but you heard WAY more of the backing track than you did of her. 

Unfortunately this describes most of the songs, especially the Rebel Heart tracks.

Also, this was the end of the tour. And lets be honest... her voice was absolutely completely shot by then. Every since the shows in Asia, where its clear she was struggling, the last bit of the tour its quite obvious her voice was tired . So I can imagine it would be fairly difficult to cover up the vocals or "fix" the vocals from the footage used at the end of the tour...

I'm sure M had a a lot to do with the editing of her own voice. She probably just said make me sound good. Do whatever, do my eyebrows. 

Also, this was the end of the tour. And lets be honest... her voice was absolutely completely shot by then. Every since the shows in Asia, where its clear she was struggling, the last bit of the tour its quite obvious her voice was tired . So I can imagine it would be fairly difficult to cover up the vocals or "fix" the vocals from the footage used at the end of the tour...

I'm sure M had a a lot to do with the editing of her own voice. She probably just said make me sound good. Do whatever, do my eyebrows. 

I thought this as well. Her voice was worn out honestly by the second US leg. She just used so much tracking in the last leg. Like, more than just covering for her. It was way too much.

I thought this as well. Her voice was worn out honestly by the second US leg. She just used so much tracking in the last leg. Like, more than just covering for her. It was way too much.

That's the truth, she started the tour sounding amazing specially in the first shows. Her dancing was getting worst when she got to Asia as well. I only can say that her voice sounded AMAZING in the last show in Sydney. Like a prayer that night she was on point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thats the thing I can't understand, if she knows she's gonna be tired by the end of the tour, why on earth she choose this particular moment to tape the DVD/Bluray? maybe she doesn't care...?

thats the thing I can't understand, if she knows she's gonna be tired by the end of the tour, why on earth she choose this particular moment to tape the DVD/Bluray? maybe she doesn't care...?

She usually records in the last shows due to the show being "all in the right place" regarding choreography, improvisations, etc.

• madgefan changed the title to Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere
  • madgefan pinned, pinned, pinned and pinned this topic
  • madgefan pinned this topic