Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere

Bat-Fan

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't wait to have it in my hands either.  Though, "La Isla Bonita" sounds so odd and forced. This is one song, the visual does the song justice.  And the Audience cheering is so fake and quite awful. 

That all said, I still love it!!  :heart:

Alright, I'm noticing something I kind of like about the audio we have so far. They aren't totally cleaning up her vocals. They're letting some of the imperfection through, some sour notes she hit while she was dancing. I like that. It really sounds like it's her raw voice (for the most part) rather than completely re-recorded.

SHOWTIME knows at least knows what was needed to be done.

Totally and the worst offending tour recording so far is Sticky & Sweet. She ends up doing her best Mr. Roboto impression, It looks way more off when you watch it with the visuals though lol. MDNA is such a weird mix it's like both the music and vocals are low but low at different amounts - notbhing sounds great til the interludes.

giphy.gif

Totally and the worst offending tour recording so far is Sticky & Sweet. She ends up doing her best Mr. Roboto impression, It looks way more off when you watch it with the visuals though lol. MDNA is such a weird mix it's like both the music and vocals are low but low at different amounts - notbhing sounds great til the interludes.

giphy.gif

True. It's a fact that S&S uses her rehearsals vocals instead of tuning hr live vocals so it's not really authentic to hear and I don't quite understand why she did her impression of Mr. Roboto. XD

MDNA was good but the overly processed vocals and the fake crowd was too much to bear. I started to wonder what was in the head of the people behind the EPIX special. I wonder if someone here edited the live audio with little or no fake crowd cheers. 

RHT was a big improvement but I would have been better if they raised her live vocals up or remove the studio vocals singing along with her but hey, it's enjoyable and her voice sounds authentic and real from start to finish. <3

I'm not sure what was worse about Borderline from S&S, having heard her real vocals from that show live, or hearing the fake asf vocals from the DVD. All because she was really straining her voice to sing it outside of her vocal range I guess. Choices

To me the fake vocals will always be worse. Madonna always gave and taught us to give honest performances. Fake is fake.

When I heard the real vocals of Holy Water from the Japan set I was really impressed and surprised. She was having troubles in singing with such a hard choreo but she was singing anyway: still nobody in the crowd really knows because the fake vocals are louder. So much effort for nothing.

But I understand that you can't always hear the real vocals because sometimes they are very bad. So they really have to work on a good balance.

Once again, sorry if I repeat myself, the idea of fake is often given by the music. It would sound less fake if they didn't use the original tracks and had new arrangements played live. We miss the good ol' instruments, especially these days when so many clips circulate celebrating the 30th anniversary of the Who's that girl tour when music was real music. I would also really want to hear the background vocals channel: Kiley and Niki are not dancing, still I seem to hear the original album background vocals and not theirs as it was for Donna and Niki Harris.

Yep and to rub salt into the wounds still no fucking blu-ray ? how hard would it be for her to release that ?

Guy O - "M shall we release the confessions tour on blu-ray"

M - "Fuck yeah !!"

Guy O - "Ok"

done 

Guy O - "M shall we release the Confessions Tour on blu-ray?"

M - "The ConfWHAT? Did I tour before 2008? I can't seem to recall it."

Guy O - "..." *leaves the room dialing Bono's number*

And that's what really happened.

Guy O - "M shall we release the Confessions Tour on blu-ray?"

M - "The ConfWHAT? Did I tour before 2008? I can't seem to recall it."

Guy O - "..." *leaves the room dialing Bono's number*

And that's what really happened.

More like..

"But I already released that, I don't repeat myself, respect my art and if you don't like it, fuck off"

• madgefan changed the title to Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere
  • madgefan pinned, pinned, pinned and pinned this topic
  • madgefan pinned this topic