The Rebel Heart Tour 2015-2016

Madonna, Rebel Heart: new tour, new costumes – what to expect

http://www.theguardian.com/fashion/fashion-blog/2015/aug/14/madonna-rebel-heart-new-tour-new-costumes-what-to-expect?utm_content=buffer9e62a&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Madonna has announced that her new tour will include a raft of designers, some well known, others less so. We look back at Madonna’s previous tour outfits and ask what can we expect from the queen of pop

Posted Image
 Madonna poses on-stage during the ‘Blonde Ambition’ tour in 1990 Photograph: Eugene Adebari/REX Shutterstock

A new Madonna tour means new costumes. The pop star has announced which designers will be making the outfits for her Rebel Heart tour starting next month and the list includes the great and good of the fashion industry: Jeremy Scott,Alessandro Michele from Gucci, Italian designer Fausto Puglisi, Alexander Wang,Miuccia Prada and Lebanese designer Nicolas Jebran, who created the dress Kylie Jenner wore to her recent 18th birthday party. What is Madonna saying with this list of designers? What she always wants to say – that her finger is firmly on the pulse of now.

Posted Image
 Madonna on her Blonde Ambition tour. Photograph: Crollalanza/REX

The pop star has collaborated with a few of these names before. She wore one of Scott’s Moschino designs to the Met Gala in May, and Wang even appears in the video for Bitch I’m Madonna. Puglisi, despite his relatively youthful label, has worked with Madonna since the Music days, when he designed accessories for her. Arguably, it’s the Gucci element that is the most exciting. Michele is the buzzy designer of the moment, but his aesthetic – all geeky glasses and pussybow blouses – is hardly razzle-dazzle stagewear, However, it could be great to see Madonna in something similar look 44 from the AW15 show, an oversized floral suit with pussybow blouse or, indeed, look 25 of Puglisi’s show, a long coat of fuscia and green.

Posted Image
A model on the catwalk of Fausto Puglisi, one of Madonna’s new tour designers. Photograph: SIPA/REX Shutterstock

Madonna, as every pop fan knows, is no fool. She knows that what she wears is part of a full pop package – a considered image has been there ever since she wore bangles up the arm and bleached denim in the early 80s. While her social-media presence can be a bit cringe, she has used it effectively in the runup to her tour to give enticing clues as to what she’ll wearing.

Posted Image 

A drawing of Madonna by Jeremy Scott at Moschino. Photograph: Madonna/Instagram

Her Instagram account includes a drawing by Scott of a short leopard-print dress and pink jacket, similar to what she wears in the video for Bitch I’m Madonna, and an embroidered biker from Gucci. Those glimpses are the final product of what is probably a lengthy process, all overseen by Arianne Phillips. Phillips, the costume designer who worked on Walk the Line, is Madonna’s secret weapon. She has been collaborating with the pop star on tour costumes since 2009.

Posted Image
 Madonna performs during the Bridgestone Super Bowl XLVI half time Show in 2012. Photograph: WireImage/Kevin Mazur

Madonna’s tour wardrobe has been watched closely since the Blonde Ambition tour of 1990, with Jean Paul Gaultier’s now-infamous conical bra. She has continued to work with Gaultier and push designers who are either on the up or of the moment. Olivier Theyskens, then an obscure fashion name, designed the black gothic dress in the video for Frozen in 1998. Riccardo Tisci, the Givenchydesigner with buzz around him for mixing streetwear and couture, made her costumes for the Superbowl half time show in 2012. This roll call of designers shows she’s still working on that principle. Rebel Heart is the pop star’s tenth tour in 30 years; a remarkable feat with – one hopes – the costumes and pussybow blouses to match.

The white dress still puzzles me.

1. It is a new dress, but very similar to the dress at the Oscar performance.

2. She tagged Steven Klein. So it is a part of a video interlude or it will be a video shown during a performance.

3. She mentioned Iconic. The question is  did she think about the song or simply about the iconic look, that she will repeat?

4. 30s section was mentioned by a fan. Perhaps she will use that dress for that section (video interlude or a performance). Maybe, Sooner or Later is on the setlist.

https://instagram.com/p/5D-kcBmEfh/

- On the second pic, it seems she wears a jacket similar to the one on the first pic.

- She also holds something. A staff/weapon for the Joan Of Arc/Warrior section? Or a staff for Sex & Religion section (bishops carry staffs)?

- Could Bitch I'm Madonna be in the first or second section? If she is a warrior in the first section, it kind of makes sense that she would be bitchy and egoistic (BIM, UB).

Posted Image  Posted Image

Iconic, Vogue and S.E.X. in the same section? It is possible. A mix of Joan of Arc, warrior, sex and religion themes.

Plus, when we put all songs in one section, it is a strong section and doesn't seem messy like the one by Illuminatix.

The first section

1. Iconic

2. Inside Out

3. Unapologetic Bitch

4. S.E.X (small interlude)

5. Holy Water/Vogue

6. Deeper and Deeper

7. Devil Pray

Could contain 1 or 2 songs more (LAV or JML).

Posted Image

In a new interview by @GenevieveBorne Madonna says the #RebelHeartTour is 75% ready

THE REBEL HEART
[Google Translated]
September will be the month of Madonna in Quebec. And it is quite an event since the artist will begin its world tour in Quebec. Kicking off the tour Rebel Heart will be on 9 and 10 September in Montreal. Madonna then be part of the artists that will inaugurate the new Videotron Centre in Quebec.

Madonna's new show takes a lot of preparation and the singer was scared out of time this time. That's why she postponed the start of the tour by canceling the first 5 dates on the calendar. World Tour Rebel Heart , which was to begin on August 29 in Miami, so begin in Montreal on September 9.

This respite will offer her more time to implement the different scenic and musical elements. The expectations are always very high since Madonna has consistently offered its admirers grandiose benefits.
"We are completing the final stages, she says. We are still working the songs arrangements, staging and choreography. The show is now ready for 75%. "

DANCE FOREMOST
Madonna first love is dancing. Her great dream of becoming a professional dancer gave her the courage to leave Michigan and moved to New York and to its place in the world of modern dance. This explains why, since the beginning of her career she wanted to integrate choreography into its services and be surrounded by dancers. She also chooses carefully every dancer always will be part of his shows and oversees auditions.

"Getting involved at all levels, from the choice of songs with arrangements. I choose the dancers [20 on this tour], I watch over the choreography, lighting, costumes and videos we shoot, she said. I think about what I want to express, what I want to do statements. I see all the details because it's what I love doing! It's creation. I take the seeds of ideas and helps them come to life. And like when I tell a story, every detail is important! "

THEMES
Madonna shows are divided into different tables. The singer is inspired by art, culture, social issues, religion and is an amalgam of all that. She has sung in the position of crucifixion before a cross mirrors, ridden dancers for an equestrian table and sang Like A Virgin imitating Marlene Dietrich the actress. And as in Madonna's world, sex and religion go together, we will see in the next show, religious twirl around poles of such strippers . Each song has a right to his staging.

In fact, Madonna sees her as a bit of musical theater performance.
"I use my songs to tell stories, she says. And tell themselves in several too. You can tell at least five different stories with each of my songs. "

What were the inspirations for transposing songs on stage this time?
"Many of the ideas I had for the show are directly related to the themes of the songs. Love is a very present theme. Romanticism, heartaches, believe in your dreams, believe in yourself, get up despite the trials of life ... Things that affect us every day. "
 "I WISH PEOPLE WOULD NOT IMPOSE LIMITS "

During the show, a video interlude will present the legendary and controversial ex-boxer Mike Tyson. The sportsman has recently unveiled it would appear there in chains, naked and in a cage. His appearance is linked to its participation in the Iconic song on the album Rebel Heart . Madonna told me greatly admire this character.

"He has faced so much adversity. He comes from a difficult family background. He had nothing. He left nothing. He had everything against him. To me, it is the ultimate hero, she believes, because despite all the hardships he faced all the ups and downs and very dark times, he was able to reach an area positive in his life and is accountable for his actions. He shares his life experiences with others so that they learn from him. In the end, it's really a good person! "

DREAMS AND LOVE
The song Iconic is part of a long line of songs through which Madonna, such a great motivator, conveys the irresistible energy that makes us believe that we can achieve our wildest dreams and become what we want .

"I hope that people do not impose limits or do not let them impose the company, she said. This is the meaning of life, this is how it evolves. By facing challenges and pushing our limits "

The album is titled Rebel Heart because it reveals two important facets of the singer: his rebellious side and rebel and his romantic side. Love is very present in this album and the first single, Living For Love , is a good example. Madonna has had a turbulent love life. She lived two divorces and many heartaches over the years. But despite the disappointments in love, it plunges ever.

"Nobody can live without love, she wisely says. Love can hurt but it's part of our life experience. It's like everything ... You try things, you fail but you have to continue without let you down. "

While keeping its mystery, Madonna reveals much about this last album.

"I have not done consciously. When I write songs, I let inspiration take hold of me. It's like a conduit of ideas and let everything out. I express what I feel at this moment, "she says.

WEB GENERATION
On his Instagram account, the singer gave clues about the songs she could interpret in the context of this new tour. #Vogue # Who'sThatGirl #LivingForLove, she has notably written.

Madonna admits that choosing the performing songs has been a demanding process.

"It's a challenge. It's really hard. I have a very large repertoire, "she recalls. "I wanted to achieve a balance between the most significant songs from my new album Rebel Heart and bring them into the story I tried to tell. Then, of course, I "searched" in my list of musical works of the past thirty years. "

Experience shows went well transformed in recent years. Today, we all have a smart phone that allows us to capture and share images of representation. It is a way to commune not only with other viewers, but with the entire planet.

Although she is interested in new technologies and pass itself much time with his laptop, this trend Madonna leaves perplexed.
"I think it keeps people truly experience the show," she says. "The scene should allow interaction between the artist and his public, without barrier. So it's strange to be on stage and see this sea of ​​phones that keeps me look people in the eye! They do not really watch the show. They have a perception through their phone. "

MADONNA, OUR COUSIN
Quebec blood flows in the rebellious heart of Madonna. His maternal grandmother, Elsie Fortin, was born to parents of Sherbrooke in Quebec. His great grandfather, Nelson Fortin, was born, he, in Saint-Simon de Rimouski.

Start its world tour here has a meaning for Madonna will return since with its Quebec roots.

"I've never believed in coincidences, she reveals. I think it is perfect to start this tour in the place of origin of my ancestors, in the territory where lived the family of my mother. It really is a nice way to start. "

This is how our conversation ended, on the subject that brings us closest to her. Beyond money, fame, artifice, Madonna a Quebec heart.

what does everyone think of this, i know M can be a bitch at times but i find some of this hard to believe http://news.yahoo.com/madonnas-dancers-go-on-strike-following-diva-144228409.html

Hahaha, I think that "the source" is just a rancorous dancer, who got out of the crew, and still want to earn some money talking about Madonna.... The only thing I believe from this article is that they must work very hard.

I want this. This would be the common setlist, but at some concerts some songs would be replaced by other hits.Warrior/Joan Of Arc1. Iconic2. Inside Out3. Unapologetic Bitch4. Sorry5. Joan Of ArcSex/Religion6. S.E.X. (interlude) - with elements of Erotica, Best Night, GGW and Like A Virgin.7. Holy Water/Vogue8. Rescue Me/Justify My Love9. Deeper And Deeper10. Devil Pray11. Bad GirlCrazy 30s12. Veni Vidi Vici (interlude)13. I'll Remember14. Ghosttown (Between the Bars intro)15. Music (Replacement: Secret)16. True Blue (Replacement: Cherish, Survival, Like A Virgin, Hollywood)17. HeartBreakCity (with elements of LDLHA)Latino18. Spanish Eyes (interlude)19. Living for Love20. Who's That Girl21. Dress You Up (Replacement: Burning Up, Gambler, Ray Of Light, Beautiful Stranger)22. Take A Bow23. Rebel HeartEncore24. Iluminati (interlude)25. Bitch, I'm Madonna26. Holiday