Madonna on Instagram / Facebook / Twitter + other Social Media

groovyguy

On 6/20/2023 at 2:37 PM, Roland Barthes said:

I wonder if her initial thought for the Girlie Show wasn't to tour with her hair like on the Rain single by Herb Ritts as it matches the hairdo of the woman on the Edward Hooper painting. I know she said as a brunette like in the Rain video in Girlie talk but the coincidence between the Hooper painting and the Ritts pics is too damn good.

She has the same hairstyle in the captain photos used for the Tour Poster and the black and white used in the hard cover book. When it can be plausible, it's not a style that withheld shape during the tour. It's just a bob with a fringe and messy hot curls. We saw how long the curls lasted in the BAT.

One of the ideas behind the Girlie show was to create a thin line between the gender representation, making all the dancers (and herself) androgynous and full of raw power. That's why you see all dancers topless and wearing similar clothes without caring of gender. With the exception of Bye bye baby, when she mocks gender roles power dynamic.

https://twitter.com/MadonnaNationX/status/1672630904684937217?s=20

Is this new? As in, not seen before? 
Madonna, Jean-Baptiste Mondino, and Arianne Phillips discuss the photoshoot for “Music” and the videoshoot for “Don’t Tell Me.”  - video clip

Edit: according to https://twitter.com/gomodernart/status/1672645586053632002?s=20

Years ago, there were HI REZ photos of Mondino's Music promo shoot on the internet, that were shot at her then home in the Hollywood hills. She was wearing something similar to what she wore in the Don't Tell Me video, she was in a chair next to a swimming pool. So serene.

5 hours ago, Mden said:

Madonna, Jean-Baptiste Mondino, and Arianne Phillips discuss the photoshoot for “Music” and the videoshoot for “Don’t Tell Me.”  - video clip

Edit: according to https://twitter.com/gomodernart/status/1672645586053632002?s=20

Years ago, there were HI REZ photos of Mondino's Music promo shoot on the internet, that were shot at her then home in the Hollywood hills. She was wearing something similar to what she wore in the Don't Tell Me video, she was in a chair next to a swimming pool. So serene.

It's this.  Not sure if it's really at her Hollywood home, but the shoot was done in Los Angelos.  It came from the Music album shoot during the Jean-Baptiste Mondino sessions. The image below appeared in the Rolling Stone issue with her on the cover, wearing a cowboy hat. One of the images from the shoot was used for the "Don't Tell Me" single cover as well.

Madonna-Jean-Baptiste-Mondino-Sessions-m

il_794xN.3419490025_5975.jpg

On 6/20/2023 at 11:06 PM, diegolcl said:

As if she would ever perform American Pie, Love Profusion and Nothing Really Matters on tour. What would be next, a love confession for Causing a Commotion, Angel and Rescue Me? (feel free to prove me wrong, Mother).

They're on her mind though and that's promising. It could happen, which is more than anyone could say b4 she posted that.

7 hours ago, Mden said:

The clip is from a documentary, ‘Arianne Phillips: Dressing the Part’ (2019).

9 hours ago, Mden said:

❤️

While acknowledging that it would be cruel to personally denigrate these two munchkin Kardashian-Jenner clones, I would rather shove chili peppers in my urethra than hear their stupid whining voices critique anything looking and talking like that. Their mother should be arrested. 

57 minutes ago, Alibaba said:

While acknowledging that it would be cruel to personally denigrate these two munchkin Kardashian-Jenner clones, I would rather shove chili peppers in my urethra than hear their stupid whining voices critique anything looking and talking like that. Their mother should be arrested. 

lol!!! They were very critical from very angle.

1 hour ago, Alibaba said:

Clearly they weren't open to even fairly critiquing Madonna.  It seemed they just wanted to sit there and make fun of their Mom's taste in music, but noticeably, wanted Mom to approve their taste in music with the "The Boys a Liar" song.  It's typical though from young ones like that.  They don't see how ridiculous they look and sound, but are quick to point out how ridiculous (to them) Madonna looks and expresses herself.

Bedtime Stories was such a wonderful, visually amazing, full of great music era, and while as a whole it did not reached the commercial heights of other records of her such as True Blue or Like a virgin, the whole era was pretty succesful....And without it there would not be probably Evita or ROL.