Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW

New_Boy

10 minutes ago, Harrdust said:

This actually happens automatically and the reason it appears in the album section is the b-side and not the long list of remixes, altogether. If it was the song and the remixes or the song and a b-side or two, it would automatically go into the singles section.

I'm not sure I'm following this logic.  What does Cyber-ragga got to do with it? 

12 minutes ago, McDonna said:

Actually, it's not normal.  Most of the releases have been randomly positioned. I agree they have placed other remixed EPS in the album section, but usually it's listed as the latest release.  This one is odd because they actually placed it between Music and American Life studio albums. It's like they are doing everything but letting people know they added something new to her page.  LOL!  I still attest that fans really care about these releases, so therefore, it shouldn't be that difficult for us to find these releases if they were properly put in the right section. This should have been placed in the Singles/EP section, at best, between Music EP and WIFLFAG EP remixes.

Hollywood and American life were also placed under "Albums" with a 2003 date. Same with Ray of light if I remember correctly. 

14 minutes ago, McDonna said:

I'm not sure I'm following this logic.  What does Cyber-ragga got to do with it? 

It's the requirements of each store. You can't choose if it's an album, EP or single by yourself. They have an algorithm to check the song titles and versions and then they placed the release to the right category. 

18 minutes ago, Fabiolous said:

Hollywood and American life were also placed under "Albums" with a 2003 date. Same with Ray of light if I remember correctly. 

I'm not disputing that, but others weren't done the same way. This is why I say it's been pretty random in how they placed them.  Anyway, this latest release should be placed in the "album" section, but in the EP section, between the Music and WIFLFAG mixes.  Putting it in the albums section, is just ridiculous, but like I said, no one but the fans really care about these Remixes being released.  Most anyone else isn't going to be looking for them.  It just would be nice if they just properly place them in the order of their original release in the single/ep section.

1 hour ago, McDonna said:

I'm not disputing that, but others weren't done the same way. This is why I say it's been pretty random in how they placed them.  Anyway, this latest release should be placed in the "album" section, but in the EP section, between the Music and WIFLFAG mixes.  Putting it in the albums section, is just ridiculous, but like I said, no one but the fans really care about these Remixes being released.  Most anyone else isn't going to be looking for them.  It just would be nice if they just properly place them in the order of their original release in the single/ep section.

This is how they’ve been doing the last few. Nothing Fails is still in the album section, at least on Apple music. In a few weeks or a month they’ll move to the singles/EP section. The last few before that were uploaded in this pattern as well. Drowned World and You’ll See were; I think Power of Goodbye too.

It’s bizarre but for some reason that’s how they’ve been doing it recently.

12 hours ago, deathproof said:

Which is so weird haha. The Celebration compilation was an abomination. A shame to use fake edits instead of the official ones.

True. It's funny because it's more work to get the album version which wasn't the multi track and edit it badly, instead of the already mixed and edited radio edit.

8 hours ago, Fabiolous said:

They’ve been scattering all the single re-releases between albums/singles/ and compilations. It’s all for visibility. It’s only temporary. We’ve discussed this to death lol

5 hours ago, rlittler81 said:

"Bye Bye Baby" is listed as a 1992 release rather than a 1993 release so comes before "Bad Girl." Hope they sort these out properly at some point.

Where? In Apple Music it's still listed as a 2022 release.

It seems the better fixing work's being done on YouTube Music, even so it's far from being perfect. EDIT: this paragraph can be applied to Deezer too.

Also a nice touch for Spotify to credit Martin Buttrich for the Timo Maas remix. Sure his name is kinda funny but he is mega talented. 

If you haven't heard Help Me by Timo Maas featuring Kelis, you're in for a treat as the beat is very similar:

Martin Buttrich produced Timo's album Loud. Great video too.

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW