Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW

New_Boy

36 minutes ago, MikeyK said:

And so as far as Into The Groove- the jazzed up version that’s remastered on Celebration was also on the yellow mid 90s cd single?

And this one we just got is the original 1985 single release and international Like A Virgin reissue album track?

You’ll have to forgive me, ITG in its non-remixed form was pretty elusive here in the states for many years. I had that cd single as an import at one point and remember thinking the Celebration version didn’t sound that different.

I had an old Back-2-Back cassingle of ITG & DYU at one point in the early 90s too, god knows what was on that. I have the Angel 12” that I bought used around the same time but only played it a couple times.

The only "different" version is the remix off YCD and TIC. The singles/LAV album/Celebration are the original version (unless you count the demo used in "Susan"). Celebration is just really loud. Lol

29 minutes ago, subversive said:

It could exist a extended dance remix of angel WITHOUT the Madonna! Madonna!

Thank yuo.

At first I was surprised by the crowd screams in remix and I thought it was a live performance. Not like it was a new thing to me, we can also hear crowd screams in American Life - American Anthem pt2.

I'm not against of remastering old tracks as long as they're close to the original masters (and improved). The use of multi-tracks is usually done to create multi-channel audio like making a dolby atmos mix and rarely for stereo mixes. Normally they use an unmastered mix but in Madonna's case, for some reason, they always choose the mastered tracks. And this is quite problematic because the sound is essentially being distorted.

What you’re describing is a remix not a remaster. Mastering is done after the mixing is complete.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 4/9/2024 at 5:51 AM, steady75 said:

Fab but gutted that Into The Groove wont have its own release with the video edit and movie version. 

Feel like it's a bit of a coup that we got the radio edit though. That's a real win. Nice little EP actually but the Burning Up alternate would have been perfection. 

You can rip it from the Celebration DVD. DVD audio is higher quality than CD audio anyway (48 kHz vs. 44.1 kHz), if that makes you feel any better. 

I also hate the 2024 remaster of "Material Girl" with all my guts.

"Angel" EP debut numbers on Spotify (first 24 hours):

angeldebut.png.47bdb25246d9f97eaae1efdffd9ba746.png

"Into The Groove" is matched with the "Celebration" version, so don't pay attention to that one.

Not bad for a forgotten 1985 single that only hardcore fans know it's now on streaming. If only these ones had a little bit more of promo, like they did in the past when they first the singles reissues.

But at least we're getting them slowly bur surely.

1 hour ago, Prayer said:

I also hate the 2024 remaster of "Material Girl" with all my guts.

"Angel" EP debut numbers on Spotify (first 24 hours):

angeldebut.png.47bdb25246d9f97eaae1efdffd9ba746.png

"Into The Groove" is matched with the "Celebration" version, so don't pay attention to that one.

Not bad for a forgotten 1985 single that only hardcore fans know it's now on streaming. If only these ones had a little bit more of promo, like they did in the past when they first the singles reissues.

But at least we're getting them slowly bur surely.

I don't hate Material Girl 2024 Remaster but it's way too loud,the extended dance sounds more trebled than the original more bassy one

Angel has always been my favorite song from LAV proper (barring ITG) but after revisiting it more these few days I def think it’s the best song of the four singles released. Dress You Up is great too but Angel’s stronger imo. Such a lovely little 80s bop. Nile’s production is heavenly.

Shame it’s been largely forgotten outside of her fans. Even Stranger Things couldn’t give it a boost.

1 hour ago, Would You Like To Try said:

The angel fade or edit here sounds boosted in volume! A new transfer maybe?

It's like that too on the 1996 Japanese CD Singles box. I think the single/radio edit was an early fade with some extra boost, it sounds punchier than the album version somehow... don't know how to explain. They're the same but they're not the same xd

By the way, we have a new cool cute official promo for the digital single:

https://www.instagram.com/p/C5lYL8frQbG/

What's next?...Papa Don't Preach. That one will be skipped I feel.

I compared it to the rip from the Japanese CD single box and it’s BARELY louder than it. Didn’t compare it to the album version though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can someone do me a favor and write Emily or Rhino a message asking them to activate or put the right versions and artwork the Like A Virgin with Into The Groove finally? They put the Angel into the groove so they know it exists..also updated her Spotify Top Track list finally (Good!) So they can do it finally I hope