Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW

New_Boy

I'm really confused, I checked the Extended Remix and it's not the 2001 remaster, though if you boost the volume about +6db it sounds really close (I can tell the same) but it's slightly faster. I don't have the European cd single or any Japanese CD to compare, same with the instrumental. Also strangely Spotify counts the 2012 transfer of album version as the same with the 2001 remaster having the same streams which is not possible as Spotify detects the difference and count the streams as a different track.

2 minutes ago, Haralampos said:

Here's a theory... What if those tracks (excluding the album version) are remastered in 2000/2001 for the remastered reissues and they did 'loud versions' as well for the cds? I mean it makes sense why the Extended remix sounds the same.

The 2001 remasters have the dynamic range compressed, and all the tracks of this EP have the Dynamic Range uncompressed.

12 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

The 2001 remasters have the dynamic range compressed, and all the tracks of this EP have the Dynamic Range uncompressed.

Yeah I know, but :thinker: what if they're not hard compressed and just volume boosted? Which is worse because you cut part of the high end/peak? And those ones are before that process. Something I also noticed all 3 have 4 seconds of unnecessary silence at the end which may mean they came from the same remastering session. Anyway it's just a theory, I can't tell it is. :tongue:

Edit: Also if they were new remasters (Like Everybody) they probably should be 24bit, not 16bit. [Sorry for the countless posts XD]

Edited by Haralampos (see edit history)

3 minutes ago, Haralampos said:

Yeah I know, but :thinker: what if they're not hard compressed and just volume boosted? Which is worse because you cut part of the high end/peak? And those ones are before that process. Something I also noticed all 3 have 4 seconds of unnecessary silence at the end which may mean they came from the same remastering session. Anyway it's just a theory, I can't tell it is. :tongue:

Okay, let's unpack this:

First off, you're not wrong. They must have remastered the first three albums using the hi-res masters since they actually match up with the 2001 remaster.

Second of all, the 2001 has the audio compressed, which is different from boosting the volume or lifting up the highs and lows, which may be the case for the remix edit and the extended instrumental.

Third, I would agree with @Aiwa08, it is a very good digital transfer of the other two tracks, slightly remastered. :owy:

7 minutes ago, Haralampos said:

At this point, It doesn't matter the source. The four tracks sound amazing, without the dynamic range compressed and this is the best option.

1 hour ago, Aiwa08 said:

If I remember correctly the 2001 remixes had the dynamics boosted but no remastering has been done like on the album tracks. So if you make the uncompressed files really loud you get a somewhat similar result

11 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

If I remember correctly the 2001 remixes had the dynamics boosted but no remastering has been done like on the album tracks. So if you make the uncompressed files really loud you get a somewhat similar result

So... just the remixes, not the standard album tracks itself?

20 minutes ago, Prayer said:

"La Isla Bonita" on "The Immaculate Collection" is basically the "Remix Edit" but shorter and in Q-Sound, right?

Listening to all of them again makes me appreciate it how spot on are most of the "Immaculate" versions. Chef's kiss.

I would say the Immaculate Remix is the 7'' Remix with Q-Sound. Not exactly, but you get what I mean.

1 hour ago, Prayer said:

"La Isla Bonita" on "The Immaculate Collection" is basically the "Remix Edit" but shorter and in Q-Sound, right?

Listening to all of them again makes me appreciate it how spot on are most of the "Immaculate" versions. Chef's kiss.

I think the drums are different (snare especially) and there's no conga intro on the Immaculate version.

So, next release will probably be Burning Up on march 9. I wonder if they will include the original Jellybean album version (4:48)

My wish :

7 inch mix (edit of the Reggie Lucas version)

12 inch mix (Reggie Lucas version)

Video version (aka second Jellybean album version)

Original Album version (4:48)

Physical Attraction 

20 hours ago, Roland Barthes said:

So, next release will probably be Burning Up on march 9. I wonder if they will include the original Jellybean album version (4:48)

My wish :

7 inch mix (edit of the Reggie Lucas version)

12 inch mix (Reggie Lucas version)

Video version (aka second Jellybean album version)

Original Album version (4:48)

Physical Attraction 

So:

Burning Up - Remix Edit

Burning Up - 12" Version

Burning Up [Video Version]

Burning Up - Remix [Alt. Album Version]

Physical Attraction

Physical Attraction - Edit

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW