MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

This would be super cool. I want this type of box set for all her albums too though :drama: I'll feel so incomplete if it's only for a few of them and not all 14.

I wouldn’t say it’s out of the question. If the ones released sell well they may well go the full hog and do deluxe sets for all of her albums. 

1 hour ago, steady75 said:

I have to say. With Everybody, Borderline, Lucky Star and Burning up & Physical Attraction edits and remixes all out there on digital. What exactly the fuck are we even expecting for an Anniversary Edition in terms of expanded content at this point? 

I mean... There's fuck all left really. Holiday versions are all on streaming already huh? Couple of dubs of Everybody and the UK mixes. 

Where's the content mama. 

At this point I don’t even care that much about expanded content. I was hoping this would be an opportunity for them to fix the state of the digital album and make all the tracks right. Hell even if it means they just upload the tracks from the damn 2001 cd. At least they’d be consistent.

Well, it's almost 2 years and still no signs about the expanded landmark albuns. I have no hopes anymore. 

I think we'll only those get silly releases like FEL or WTG Super Club Mix with anything really rare or unreleased and that's it. Or an empty and cheap holographic vinyl cover, some pillows, t-shirts and keychains. 

Probally the expanded albuns will never see the light of the day like some other promised releases in the past: the Blond Ambition DVD, the 2003 boxset and RIT Get Up Lisbon DVD.

So, we should expect a good collector soul to share some unreleased 80's stuff. 

45 minutes ago, steady75 said:

Were defo getting Madonna 40 I have no doubt whatsoever. It's just likely to be a remaster and a second disc of 7" edits 12" mixes and Ain't No Big Deal

This is most likely what will comprise of the Madonna expanded version.  It'll come eventually.  If I recall, even @GregVsMatthas stated Warner has been working on several releases that could come this year. Just odd if they don't take advantage of the anniversary date to launch it.  

1 hour ago, deathproof said:

It’s in the works. We just don’t know when the announcement is happening

”waiting is the hardest thing…”

I've been saying it for the longest time... Madonna's team are working hard on this project and it will be released when it's ready, not when fans want it.

1 hour ago, deathproof said:

I could say something, but it wouldn’t mean much. All I know is that Warner has multiple “catalog anniversaries” coming out this year, including MADONNA/MADONNA

Be still my heart! This is sooo exciting. :)

6 hours ago, Prayer said:

It really depends on how deep she wants to go. Just the album demos and "Ain't No Big Deal" would be something. But of course there are also all the countless Pre-Madonna demos, I don't know if she wants to use them but if there's a place where they could fit, apart from a rarities album of course, it would be here. They're part of the journey to the debut album.

Not to mention all of the visual stuff that could be included on a DVD/Blu-ray.

All of the videos remastered, several of her many performances she did to promote this album around the world.

Package that with a newly remastered album and maybe a coffee table book with stunning, HQ images from that era and you’d have a big seller.

Theres a lot they could do.

I don't like the idea of getting pre-madonna songs in a realise of her first album. Yeah, they are part of the process but the Otto Von Wernherr songs too... But they are very different to the sound of the album. In fact, for me I see them as a different era, not as part of the process to make the album. I can see songs like "Crimes of passion" but not "Drowning"; "Save neighbourhood", "High society" and the rest of those demos on an anniversary edition... But, who knows?

1 hour ago, HC Charge said:

Few more hours, bitches! 

We either have a stunning celebration or total breakdown, either way we win! 

@RUADJAI thank you for following this thread and creating a graveyard for our expectations... Ehm, sorry that's typo, I meant a new thread for the first album reissue 

I appreciate the sense of humor. :luv:  I know I've been pining away for months in my faith about M40 Anniversary happening.  But even I know nothing has been promised and it's only been my opinion of what I hope to happen. 

To play a little Devil's advocate to those who think something should happen at 12 am July 27th (and won't), I doubt an announcement will happen until later in the morning U.S eastern time. I do recall getting a notification from Madonna.com at 10 am eastern U.S. time about the FEL release when it was first announced. 

While my hopes (delusions) are about to be hung out to dry, I am still reminded by what @Prayersaid, a few pages back that we didn't really know about the FEL release until it was sprung onto us, so I'm hanging on that hope.  And then, my other hope is what @GregVsMatthas stated months back about there has been several anniversary releases scheduled for this year, in the works. I value both their opinions greatly, and if nothing happens, even later this year, I know nothing was confirmed or promised by them.  :)