MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

4 minutes ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

Well you shouldn't expect anything in September! They said it's delayed a couple months :angel: Check my last update from them. Everyone is advised to delay their meltdowns until mid December at the earliest.

LOL!  Fair enough.  Again, I appreciate you sharing what you have because we all know that even non-official sources could amount to something, and over the months I've tried to defend the actual official announcement, and yet we still haven't received any re-issues of the albums as stated.  Still, I'm going be leery of any non-official source as well.  We all are so desperate for the deluxe re-issues, that many of us are just about to believe anything.:laughing:

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

Im about the same as you. I have some things on vinyl. I’ve kind of gotten sick of buying them though because I never really play them. I’d rather spend my money on concert tickets or hookers or something.

That’s fair, I love vinyl but with the recent prices I only buy stuff I really want. It’s the coloured vinyl thing that I don’t love, it used to be something special but now every album is released in too many variants. Black vinyl are still my fav! I will alway collect her albums on vinyl same for the RSD stuff and singles from the past. 

2 hours ago, McDonna said:

I already predict some meltdowns come September when nothing but the MX Tour on vinyl is being released. As much as I appreciate @WokeUpInMedellinsharing his find, I'm still taking it with a grain of salt.  I still think the September release by his source is in regards to the MX Tour vinyl. It's possible his source has an idea that something more is coming our way, down the line.  But now I'm reading others adding to what he posted and seemingly accepting it as a possible fact when nothing official has been shared.  For instance, three re-issues happening in a years time.  Unless Madonna herself, a press statement is released on her website or various sources like Rhino, none of what anyone has discussed here should be taken as fact.  Come September, no one should have a meltdown if no Deluxe Re-issue isn't released/announced when no one official has yet announced any re-issue of the landmark albums.  The fact that @WokeUpInMedellinsource bunched Hard Candy into the Interscope releases, tells me there is room for error on their own part and it's possible they are mixing things up. 

It looks like we have this discussion every week 😂

It’s a fact they are working on the reissues. From the press release, to the Paper interview and yes, some insiders that have connections with Warner. I don’t think something is coming in September, but I can see them announcing something when the tour starts in October. The sold out of the Madame X Picture disc in a week (yes there are still less than 100 copies on sale in  some Warner shops but not the big ones) is a good indicator of her selling power for collectors. She will not have Taylor numbers but there are lesser artists releasing deluxe albums, and Rhino knows that. 

3 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

It looks like we have this discussion every week 😂

It’s a fact they are working on the reissues. From the press release, to the Paper interview and yes, some insiders that have connections with Warner. I don’t think something is coming in September, but I can see them announcing something when the tour starts in October. The sold out of the Madame X Picture disc in a week (yes there are still less than 100 copies on sale in  some Warner shops but not the big ones) is a good indicator of her selling power for collectors. She will not have Taylor numbers but there are lesser artists releasing deluxe albums, and Rhino knows that. 

Yes we do. LOL! 

Like you, I agree the Re-issues are happening, it's just when?  I always aimed at the start of the tour and/or anniversary of her first album. When that came and gone, I must admit that I felt they missed a great opportunity to start with the first album on it's anniversary date.  Then as you said, there may have been a tie into the tour, so with it being postponed, possibly that put off any re-issues.  So maybe something in October as you stated.  We'll just have to wait and see. 

A lot of confusion over the last several months has happened.  The Madame X Live Vinyl really was baffling in how that was rumored as far back as RSD release.  How some store in California got copies of the album, rather American Life Mix Show.  Her heath issue and the postponing of the tour, just added to the mix.  But there is no doubt, if the tour had gone on as it originally planned, her Official store would be filled with a lot of nostalgic items (which could include some re-issues).  So we'll have to see what happens come October. 

why are we comparing this campaign to Taylor swift now ? because her fans buy anything on vinyl no matter what colour - are we the same types of fans - i dont get it why people need different colours - would you buy different colour toliet paper too ? does no one want unreleased content like me or maybe some exclusive digital songs or even maybe dump some instrumentals on streaming - i would love album instrumentals of true blue and LAV albums plus the real instrumentals of rain, rescue me and like a prayer - if i was running this campaign i would be on fire - sadly no one in her camp has any kind of imagination here ... thats what sorely lacking here - its just so lazy and mediocre so far..

8 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

why are we comparing this campaign to Taylor swift now ? because her fans buy anything on vinyl no matter what colour - are we the same types of fans - i dont get it why people need different colours - would you buy different colour toliet paper too ? does no one want unreleased content like me or maybe some exclusive digital songs or even maybe dump some instrumentals on streaming - i would love album instrumentals of true blue and LAV albums plus the real instrumentals of rain, rescue me and like a prayer - if i was running this campaign i would be on fire - sadly no one in her camp has any kind of imagination here ... thats what sorely lacking here - its just so lazy and mediocre so far..

Who knows what will be delivered! All speculation at the moment - could go on for decades lol 

39 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

Honey, calm down for now. 

It's all rumors we are discussing here (again), nothing was confirmed. Maybe you will get your demos and instrumentals and we will get our colored vinyl, and it is gonna be win win for all.

Or we might as well get nothing at all since it has been 2 years anyway and Warner probably forgot about that announcement in 2021 and we are the only ones being clinged to it, and it is gonna be lose lose for all.. And then we can all lose our minds here (again) 

The vision of this campaign is to focus on spreading her catalog throughout streaming platforms. 😌😃🎉 since it’s the age of digital music. 😮🎶 

Literally two weeks ago we got the Lucky Star EP on iTunes for the first time as a 40th anniversary celebration… we’re so damn LUCKY! 

Movie Reaction GIF

Ha Ha Lol GIF

53 minutes ago, Ayham said:

The vision of this campaign is to focus on spreading her catalog throughout streaming platforms. 😌😃🎉 since it’s the age of digital music. 😮🎶 

Literally two weeks ago we got the Lucky Star EP on iTunes for the first time as a 40th anniversary celebration… we’re so damn LUCKY! 

Movie Reaction GIF

Ha Ha Lol GIF

LOL!  Like you, I am able to find humor and the ridiculousness in it all.  There just seems to have been some obvious missed opportunities to start the Re-issues, but like you mentioned, the Warner deal goes beyond just those deluxe re-issues that everyone is begging for right now.  But we've talked on this subject long enough to able to rationalize that all the digital releases are obviously part of this deal too.  So anyone saying, nothing is being produced from this deal, is simply just not interested in some of the things released so far.  That's okay, but as the press statement stated, it's just not about one particular thing.  The whole point is to cultivate catalog.  I still believe we will get the Re-issues, but meanwhile I'm enjoying the curated releases whether it's been on vinyl, digitally or all formats.  To me, there seems to be a lot that is aimed at fans of all formats.  Some are only interested in the digital and streaming releases, which has been plentiful.  If anything, that is getting more attention than any of the few Vinyl releases we've gotten.  I prefer the physical releases though such as FEL, American Life Mix Show, Re-issue of Everybody and Erotica, and now the up and coming MX Tour Live Album.  A multi-year deal means we will be getting so much more #soon.  I'm confident in that.  I won't pretend I am not disappointed at the least a re-issue of the debut hasn't happened yet to celebrate 40 years, but I also know nothing was promised either.